Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you think Sony will do after MS announces the Xbox 720?

Will they stick to the 10 year plan?

What do you think?

The 10 year plan does not mean they can't launch a new console in say 2010. It just means they will continue their full support for the console for that long minumum.

Even so does sony need to release a new console in a close time frame to competitors and vice versa?

If MS releases the 720 in say 2010 will it really matter if sony launches theirs in 2014?

MS console will likely be in the casual market price ranges already and the hardcore gamers will be looking for something new already so in comes sony with theirs and a new cycle of console releases forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    The 10 year plan does not mean they can't launch a new console in say 2010. It just means they will continue their full support for the console for that long minumum.

Even so does sony need to release a new console in a close time frame to competitors and vice versa?

If MS releases the 720 in say 2010 will it really matter if sony launches theirs in 2014?

MS console will likely be in the casual market price ranges already and the hardcore gamers will be looking for something new already so in comes sony with theirs and a new cycle of console releases forms.

This can't be stated enough, also I think Microsoft/Sony don't have any real plans on launching a new console anytime soon, both seems interested in making money and really have given up against the Wii...which they should because why should they cost themselves ton in console race when that's really just e-peens for the fanboys, all they care about is making money now. Looking at Nintendo the 2 gens, they were trounced by PS1/PS2 yet still made a ton of profit. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft/Sony didn't start releasing info on nex-gen consoles till 2011 and release in in 2012 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    This can't be stated enough, also I think Microsoft/Sony don't have any real plans on launching a new console anytime soon, both seems interested in making money and really have given up against the Wii...which they should because why should they cost themselves ton in console race when that's really just e-peens for the fanboys, all they care about is making money now. Looking at Nintendo the 2 gens, they were trounced by PS1/PS2 yet still made a ton of profit. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft/Sony didn't start releasing info on nex-gen consoles till 2011 and release in in 2012 or so.
    i'll somewhat agree and add another year or two to your predictions. MS Has one console still selling high, not looking to back down, and Sony still has 2 consoles selling high - they aren't likely to bring out another console for a while

but who knows...they could just bring out another one very soon just to rack up on sales and get the lead in whoever is the biggest console creator.
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

2012 release date really isn't that soon, that'll put the 360 at 7 yrs old and the PS3 at 6, considering the normal console span is 5 yrs.

2012 release date really isn't that soon, that'll put the 360 at 7 yrs old and the PS3 at 6, considering the normal console span is 5 yrs.
    I'm hoping that with consoles becoming more of an investment that it's longer than 5 years before a new one comes out.

well by soon i meant 2010 or so - computer technology is getting better and cheaper every year so making more powerful and better consoles by 2010 would be very possible - and they'll be able to sell it for a lower price

so they may just go for that and continue with the war at another level
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    well by soon i meant 2010 or so - computer technology is getting better and cheaper every year so making more powerful and better consoles by 2010 would be very possible - and they'll be able to sell it for a lower price

so they may just go for that and continue with the war at another level
    It seems like the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen lasted a lot longer than it did.

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
    It seems like the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen lasted a lot longer than it did.
    yeah i know and the PS2 is still here, still one of the top selling consoles in the world - dont know about xbox and i know gamecube is barely selling if any at all

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    yeah i know and the PS2 is still here, still one of the top selling consoles in the world - dont know about xbox and i know gamecube is barely selling if any at all
    Well I mean it seems like their time was longer than 5 years...It seems like I got good use out of my N64 before i upgraded, and good use out of my Gamecube before 2006 came...I got my PS3 a year after it came out and feel like I've barely used it...well this generation is less than half over so we'll see.

Thread Information