View Poll Results: Which Browser Do You Use?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

4 12.90%
  • Firefox

22 70.97%
  • Opera

2 6.45%
  • Other

3 9.68%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Haha, I remember Go!Zilla, I think it was a Mozilla browser, it saved the data you wanted to you could browse offline I think, I never used it, I expect that was a dial up browser but I never really used the internet till I got broadband, it's still an idea in this days with ISP's that disconnect every few minutes >.>

Remember Battletoads and live in/near London?
    CHECK THIS OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfxix View Post
    --------TOPIC MOVED---------
    I use Firefox though I generally also have Opera and NetScape installed to test stuff.. I might also add Safari to that list of browsers I use as I should test my sites with all browsers :P It's also meant to be really good and secure.. which Firefox recently has been having problems with both.
    Netscape is what we call depreciated, the Netscape 9 browser is firefox with a new skin and some extra functions.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    wii uses opera? thought it used safari or something lol, and PSP uses firefox too dont know about xbox 360 or ps3 tho, im assuming its firefox
    www.opera.com
    Xbox 360 if it has a browser is likley to use IE(duh, it's MS we are talking about!)

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    well they update often but i think its more vulnerable to viruses and etc..than both IE and Opera
    Viruses isn't the big issue, it's the bugs and exploits

Windows explorer 7? thought it was still internet exploder 7... Firefox tells you of all files, internet exploder just accepts them whenever it wants.
    Litle writing mistake i guess, but there is a "Windows Explorer V7" :P it's the one used in Vista, it's basicly running partially on ie.

myself i run mainly Flock, wich is a Firefox fork, but since all my other pc's run Opera on daily basis it was opera i voted for

ps.
    i do use the others too, IE 7, Safari(both osx(on my pc) and windows)

I meant internet exploder 7 Same thing, most people still don't use Vista though an incredibly high ammount of copies have been shipped. Well, okay, it's Windows Exploder 7, but that's less fun to poke fun at that Internet Exploder 7.

CHECK THIS OUT!

I meant internet exploder 7 Same thing, most people still don't use Vista though an incredibly high ammount of copies have been shipped. Well, okay, it's Windows Exploder 7, but that's less fun to poke fun at that Internet Exploder 7.
    first, it's Explorer, not exploder, and be somewhat gratefull that MS is actually trying to do something right, afterall, 15 years on the top do get into your head

I still prefer Exploder, remember: IE sucks and crashes and has loads of flaws, hence ExploDer. The only reason they've started getting it right is because the general public are becoming more aware of other browsers and though back in the mid 90's to early 2000's they could control companies to only install IE it now doesn't matter as much as the general public are more aware of other more secure, faster browsers, if everyone was still dull as before, Microsoft would have no reason to improve IE or WE as it's now known.

CHECK THIS OUT!

Question

I still prefer Exploder, remember: IE sucks and crashes and has loads of flaws, hence ExploDer. The only reason they've started getting it right is because the general public are becoming more aware of other browsers and though back in the mid 90's to early 2000's they could control companies to only install IE it now doesn't matter as much as the general public are more aware of other more secure, faster browsers, if everyone was still dull as before, Microsoft would have no reason to improve IE or WE as it's now known.
    Ok fix some mistakes:
    IE isn't slowest of it's class, Firefox is, it's just that FF uses Progressive rendering, who means it displayes as it renders(this letting you feel it has higher speed)
    IE Dosen't have more or less flaws than FireFox, infact they are equal there, but Firefox's are infact more dangerus(eg. 3 overflow exploits in 3 versions (2.x) and a couple of memory read errors :P)

Pre 2k, the dominating browser wasn't IE, infact it was Netscape, but then NS died prity much, so IE took over. and there has it been until ~2k, where Firefox came, and began fighting, and by having google reccomend it(and prity much forcing users to use Gecko based browsers) Firefox has gained allot.
    Companies have been the ones best to not use IE during the 90's, since most ISP's provided browsers they had to use to get connected, most of these where either mozilla or NS based

About crashing in IE, i really wonder what you have done...
    Browsing naughty sites maybe?

Internet Exploder lets all ActiveX controllers run without any interaction form the user, if an ActiveX controller is loaded it's allowed to load whatever it wants onto a PC, the MSN viruses rely on Internet exploder to load viruses onto the PC, once upon a time, companies could choose which browser was allowed to be loaded onto the operating system and Internet Exploder was an optional extra until Microsoft made it compulsory to install in Windows 98. Firefox used to be a great browser and still is in a few ways, as things get more popular, so do more people try and use it to spread viruses etc.

Until 98, NetScape was popular, then IE came compulsory and nobody wanted a different browser as they refuse to install their own

CHECK THIS OUT!

Internet Exploder lets all ActiveX controllers run without any interaction form the user, if an ActiveX controller is loaded it's allowed to load whatever it wants onto a PC, the MSN viruses rely on Internet exploder to load viruses onto the PC, once upon a time, companies could choose which browser was allowed to be loaded onto the operating system and Internet Exploder was an optional extra until Microsoft made it compulsory to install in Windows 98. Firefox used to be a great browser and still is in a few ways, as things get more popular, so do more people try and use it to spread viruses etc.

Until 98, NetScape was popular, then IE came compulsory and nobody wanted a different browser as they refuse to install their own
    Internet Explorer dose not allow all ActiveX controllers to run, but the controllers it know is safe(Flash, wmp etc.) if it dose that at your hose, then you or someone other has allowed it to do that
    Firefox isn't any better, you got all the varius "addons" you can install, these are just as bad.
    IE isn't compulsory anymore as of 30th November, Vista has been released in n version, who dosen't have IE, wmp, mail etc. pre-installed.
    This is because of a trail in EU, where MS was demanded to not include them in a special version (date i think was 25th aug 2005)

from 98 till 2005+ they were compulsory, and this is an older one but here's proof that IE has loads of problems with ActiveX controllers and security holes
    CNET IE Security holes put surfers at risk This one's old but I can't find another one.

Firefox's addons are installed at the user's choice and none are required but IE's ActiveX controllers though making the user's input minimal can put a pc at a lot of risk, this may have changed but i haven't read up on IE recently.

CHECK THIS OUT!

That changed with SP1 for 2k... welcome to the 21st century :P

Thread Information