Default Looking for a animation software

Does anybody know of a good Animation software or freeware . I am more interested in the freeware . Just a good animation software that I can make some cartoons with .

Like blender?

Synfig is another, I've tried it but didn't get far with it.

And there is one called Pencil Animation. You can google to get the links, not sure what they are by heart. I've tried all the ones I mentioned but only got anywhere with Blender. Still don't have my first animation but working on that
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Well if you more interested to freeware then I suggest Anim8or, free 3d animation software

Pencil was the exact thing , I was looking for . But thanks for all the other idea's.

Well, I'm not a good animator, but I love this program: Macromedia Flash 8. I really don't know if it's free or paid, because when my brother went on vacation he had to take my laptop (long story) and when he came back it was there. It's good to make some cartoons too like non-animated stuff.
    -> Thank you Miss Th3-devils-princess! I <3 DA SIG!
    v Latest Badazz Sig v

Winner of One Signature of the Week!

It cost a lot , I would use it if it was free. Sadly it is somewhere around 200 I think .

Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    Well, I'm not a good animator, but I love this program: Macromedia Flash 8. I really don't know if it's free or paid, because when my brother went on vacation he had to take my laptop (long story) and when he came back it was there. It's good to make some cartoons too like non-animated stuff.
    Not sure if it's still around, but there used to be a free alternative to Flash called something like Swish. I've used Flash in my professional career and outside of it too and it's very, very good. If I remember right Swish offered the main features of Flash but without the action-coding sides of it which made it more of a 'pure' animation package for the web.

*edit* Hmm, just checked and they now charge around $149 for Swish .. man, it used to be 100% free too, that sucks. Sorry for getting your hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    Not sure if it's still around, but there used to be a free alternative to Flash called something like Swish. I've used Flash in my professional career and outside of it too and it's very, very good. If I remember right Swish offered the main features of Flash but without the action-coding sides of it which made it more of a 'pure' animation package for the web.

*edit* Hmm, just checked and they now charge around $149 for Swish .. man, it used to be 100% free too, that sucks. Sorry for getting your hopes up
    I remember swish and I can confirm it used to be free...and now they charge for it? what the hell swish?
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

I remember swish, waaaaaaaaay back when. not shocked they charge now. most companies do eventually

hi! Eric's answering machine is currently broken. this is his refrigerator. please speak very slowly and ill attempt to stick your message to myself with a magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I remember swish, waaaaaaaaay back when. not shocked they charge now. most companies do eventually
    Aye .. was one of the big things about it back in those days that it would remain free too - it was part of their marketing. But yeah, I guess they're not a charity and need to make some cash, although I'm surprised how close to Flash's price it is really, unless they've added the action-scripting elements too and more.

Back on track ..

There must be a 'new pretender' in the market though offering this kinda stuff .. even with this revelation about Swish.

Thread Information