Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    I thought it was 'Treyarch' or somethin like that
    yes it treyarch same guys that made cod world at war lol

Quote Originally Posted by psychochick View Post
    yes it treyarch same guys that made cod world at war lol
    I thought it was Activision that made world at war....

either way, both treyarch & activision are making this right? no more infinity ward right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoi View Post
    I thought it was Activision that made world at war....

either way, both treyarch & activision are making this right? no more infinity ward right?
    Well, Infinity Ward is still around, but they've been greatly reduced (think Treyarch may've absorbed them). Activision is the publisher, not the developers themselves. Treyarch made CoD3 and WaW, and are now working on BO and any further CoD titles.

^Sig made by Lemons^
    "And if you succeed, you will do so... without recognition. Because you. Do not. Exist."

this is going to be a awesome game

yeah, ive been waiting for this for awhile. Like, having like a halo 3 customization like that is a cool thought. Like being able to have certain clothes, and helmets and stuff. Epic thought

Quote Originally Posted by Shixx View Post
    That is cool and I'm surprised it took this long.
    Yes I agree, but you are forgetting that Infinity Ward didn't make this one.

I'm curious to find out how good it really is. Thus far, the screen shots, and talks about it sound amazing.

nice be getting that

This is just a dirty ploy by Activision/Treyarch to trick us gamers into purchasing their upcoming game.

For one, the idea of Customization does not add anything to gameplay value. I don't care if I can have a dildo with a smiley face for a silencer or a unicorn sticker stuck on my gun, I would rather have the developers focus 100% on making the gameplay exceed our expectations (Something that the CoD series hasn't done since CoD 2) than have them try to trick us into thinking the game itself will be great with just a few silly images that pretty much only you will give a ***** about.

Now, I can understand that there are a lot of people who are into artistic stuff and would like to be able to fix up their guns with pictures, but Black Ops also fails dramatically to provide modern textures & graphical improvements to make the customization options look good in the first place. To support my argument, I have found two images of Black Ops (One is a character ScreenShot, the other is an in-game ScreenShot) to support my argument, and I have pointed out a few of the graphical problems:

NOTE: I have wrapped the images with Spoiler Tags because they are pretty big images. The images do NOT spoil any of the Campaign storyline.

As you can see, the rifle has a number of problems which I have highlighted in the above image. For example, if you look at the front of the iron sight it is completely smooth and the lighting is the same all over; it is basically just a single colour that has been shaped into the front piece of the iron sight.

Once again you can see the obvious signs of poor texture & render quality on the rifle. It doesn't feel or look smooth, so why on Earth would they be boasting about the apparently "Great" customization in Black Ops when they cant even get basic textures done correctly? It looks like they got the rifles from older PlayStation 2 games.

They are putting way too much emphasis on the customization instead of focusing on the most important aspect of the product; GAMEPLAY.. The game itself is nothing more than a mod of Modern Warfare 2, but to make it look like a new game they used a different setting and tried to coat everything with "Customization Features".

The CoD series failed on the 11th of November last year, don't fall for Activisions ploy to milk out as much money from the series as they can.

Wow, excellent reply WobbleSock! Thanks for that.

Do you think they keep it simple so it will render much quicker for better performance on the console systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    Do you think they keep it simple so it will render much quicker for better performance on the console systems?
    Definitely not, the textures of the weapons look like something that belongs on the PS2 (As I said before).

Games like Killzone 2 for the PS3, which had State of the Art graphics and excellent textures worked perfectly fine. Not only that, but Crysis 2 will be released soon not only for the PC, but for the PS3 & Xbox 360 too and if you played Crysis on the Ps3 then you will know that the CryTek engine is the most graphically superior engine we have at the moment.

Speaking of Crysis 2, I highly reccomend this game when it comes out. Just look at some of the screenshots (I am very fond of the second one):

This game has apparently been handled well on the consoles, and judging from the reception of the Killzone 3 BETA that game handles well too and all PS3 users know about Killzones amazing graphics.

This shoddy, poorly made mockery of decent graphics displayed by Black Ops is just shameful to FPS gaming in general; Treyarch has absolutely no excuse for it.

Thread Information