Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've decided.

computer gamers are probably one of the largest driving forces behind computer technology development. By spending so much money on a computer you basically fuel the competing companies in their technology race.

So look on the bright side. Buying a new computer helps advance technology that benefits the world at large.
    "Prediction: Zenimax Online is making an MMO set in the elder scrolls universe" -BobTD 8-25-2010 (search it on the forum)

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    computer gamers are probably one of the largest driving forces behind computer technology development. By spending so much money on a computer you basically fuel the competing companies in their technology race.

So look on the bright side. Buying a new computer helps advance technology that benefits the world at large.
    Haha, this is true I suppose.
    But the likelyhood of it is, is that PC gaming will become obsolete in the next few years and be replaced by consoles. The consoles out at the moment, especially the Xbox 360, have enough power to be better than a lot of above average gaming PCs. The consoles don't utilise their processors efficiently though, they don't multi-task, they have processors concentrating on separate things which is retarded unless backed up with a logical reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BobTD View Post
    I now have an excuse to try and make claims that I'm helping the world/greater community by being a gamer.

Thank you, Bob, for giving me the most awesome argument for being an apparent "lazy ass."
    Read the forum rules! Talk to us in the IRC! Tell us why you joined!
    ديليجيز
    J+A <3

How far they will go with the current technology, making silicon-based processors faster and faster, cramming more and more onto microchips, will eventually reach its limit. Many think that silicon-based processors will hit a brick wall within the next decade.

The future CPU's may lie in quantum and DNA computers. Both types of technology are in their infancy right now, but have the potential to be thousands of times more powerful than traditional processors ever could be.

Thread Information