Is anyone not getting a next gen
    for whatever reason? Rather not
    getting it now or never.

Personally I think there just
    aren't enough games for me to
    be throwing around 400$. I'm
    going to get WII U, The One, & PS4
    no doubt, but I'm a gamer -
    if there aren't any games I can't play it!

LOL, next year should be an opening
    for me, how about you guys? Any sales
    you're waiting for?

Honestly, I'm pretty much over consoles. One or two exclusive games just isn't enough for me to spend $400+ every couple of years on a new console that isn't nearly as powerful as my PC anyway. And you can't get games for free and/or extremely discounted on console. I mean Steam games alone, I have over 200 and probably spent less than $150 TOTAL on all of them. Console? $60/pop x 200 games = $12,000.... lulz Even if you buy them old and used for $20 per game.... $20/pop x 200 games = $4,000. Crazyiness!

I ended up buying a Wii U last year just because we had some extra money and said screw it... I spent $120 on TWO freaking games... and probably used the damn thing for a total of 10 hours, maybe.
    Last edited by Mizel; 08-25-2014 at 10:49 AM.

I agree with Mizel, truth be told this generation is actually pretty stale IMO, I remember how much I wanted to have an xbox 360 when I was younger, games like gears of war and halo was big motivators. Well, there is halo but it was a long time ago I felt the same urge.

However I might get one later, when they have gotten down in price.

I have the Wii U, but only play when friends come over. We get a lot of use out of Nintendoland, Super Smash (and the new one when it comes out!) and Mario Kart 8. Other than that? Bought Monster Hunter and Zelda Wind Waker and haven't really touched either :/

PS4 has been collecting dust since we bought it. I'm like level 25 on Cod Ghosts and half of that on Battlefield. I want to like it, but like Mizel said PC is cheaper and looks better.

I'll be definitely grabbing an Xbox One however, just for Halo and what is hopefully a future Rockband game (Harmonix has been teasing about one.)

There are a few games coming out later this year and early next year that I really want to play (little big planet 3, bloodbourne, a few others) so I want a ps4, but this generation certainly feels less impressive than last gen did this long into its life.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLBRYCE View Post
    I have the Wii U, but only play when friends come over. We get a lot of use out of Nintendoland, Super Smash (and the new one when it comes out!) and Mario Kart 8. Other than that? Bought Monster Hunter and Zelda Wind Waker and haven't really touched either :/

PS4 has been collecting dust since we bought it. I'm like level 25 on Cod Ghosts and half of that on Battlefield. I want to like it, but like Mizel said PC is cheaper and looks better.

I'll be definitely grabbing an Xbox One however, just for Halo and what is hopefully a future Rockband game (Harmonix has been teasing about one.)
    Haha Game console companies love you :P

Pretty much! Hahah. I just like having the options there. I still find myself on 360 more than PC playing with friends, so it's nice having the Xbox there. My girlfriend primarily games for Kingdom Hearts/Tales of/Final Fantasy games so that's why we've got the PS4...

The Wii U was just an impulse buy that took a while to be worth it lmao.

All I have is a Wii U which I have 3 games for. Pikman 3, MarioKart8 and WindWaker. I might pick up Zombie U at some point and of course Super Smash Bros. I want a PS4, but I doubt I'll play it and don't really have 400 dollars to put down on one. I mostly play PC games, the majority of them aren't even on consoles.

That being said FPS has always been my favorite genre, I like the competitiveness of it and it basically moved to consoles now. I use to play CoD on PC before it became popular on consoles, and now that ghost came out, very few people play it on PC. Normally there are less than 20,000 people playing it and 3/4 of them are playing TDM. So if I want to get the full experience of CoD I'll have to go back to consoles. Maybe during Christmas I'll have some more money, but I'll probably wait for price drop.

I so want to add PC gaming to my collection,
    there is one game I solely play for the PC
    and it's "Attack on Titan" not controller compatible -
    I used a program to use both my PS3 & 360 controller, awful.

The controls to PC games - just never got it. WSDA stuff for
    direction killed me each time LOL - my small fingers can't reach
    all the buttons. I'm surprised I can play AoT, I just can't say
    no to a good game over mere machine - too much of a gamer.

I'm really thinking of throwing down 600-700 for a gaming PC,
    it just being for one game stops me from doing it.

Decisions....

Well, PC gaming does turn out to be cheaper in the long run. There are so many individual game and bundle sales it's crazy! Not to mention being able to preorder new releases for up to 25% off. I've got 100+ PC games between Steam and Origin, and I've payed less than $200 for all of them. I'd say it's worth it, just from my experiences

Thread Information