Default Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Multiplayer Strategies - How to be a Master Assassin

StrengthGamer.com: General Strategies, perk strategies, map strategies, character breakdowns, and plenty more. Community based so always upgrading and adding new stuff! You will be the number one if you follow these directions!

One of the new features of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the online multiplayer. Incredibly different than anything else you've ever played, this mode will leave you confused and pissed off for the first few rounds. Use this guide to better educate yourself, and become the Master Assassin you know you should be.
    Just like every other guide we at StrengthGamer.com do, this is community based and will be constantly added on.
    General Strategies

Blend into the Crowd

This is the most important key to success. Don't be an idiot and run around. Being that the civilians don't run around, if you see an action such as this, it's completely obvious that the running character is human controlled. You can't give yourself any easier than by simply running around. Blend into the crowd. Walk around, keep a low profile. Stand in groups of characters that look like yourself. One of the best strategies I have found is to sit on a bench next to a character like yours. Your pursuer won't be able to distinguish which one is you, giving you a great chance to stun them.

If you are pursuing someone, don't rush it. Take your time. Try to understand their direction via the compass. One of the greatest things you can do is to lay low, walk slow, and pay attention to the actions of the crowd. If you are near your target, try to notice the behaviors. The AI walks in a very set pattern, and it's easy to distinguish a human player by the way they move. Pay attention to what your target looks like as well (picture in the upper right corner), and pick them out of the crowd. Even if you are an attacker, you need to blend into the crowd. Don't be that idiot standing on top of a roof trying to be sneaky. Trust me, it's not working.
    Always be Watching

Always be aware of how many pursuers you have on you. This can be seen by the number of red markers in the upper left side of the screen. If you have one red marker, you have one pursuer. Two red markers means two pursuers, and so on. You can have up to 4. While you are pursuing someone, you need to be always circling your camera around, watching behaviors of those around you. If you see a "civilian" moving towards you and not following the direction of the crowd, it's probably an assassin. Pay close attention to this, even if it means losing your target for a little while. The moment you lose your focus is the moment you lose your life.

It's always very important to watch for the "Disguise" perk. If you notice a civilian suddenly morph into someone else, it's obviously an enemy. Another key note is that after you assassinate someone, you are more than open to be assassinated yourself. Especially since your assassination can be seen by anyone around. Don't let your guard down here. I know it's tempting to stand over your victim and gloat about your victory, but it's even more satisfying to be the assassin that killed the assassin. Strike and run. Once again, always be watching.
    Use Chase Breakers

Chase Breakers come in plenty of forms, and are essential to successfully evading your attacker. If you get the prompt to flee, you need to use these... or you will most likely die. Lifts, closing gates, corner helpers, and falling platforms are all chase breakers.

Closing Gate: If you see a glowing open gate you need to run through it. It will close behind you and leave your pursuer far behind. This is your chance to turn a corner and find a hay bail to hide in, or a crowd to blend with. This goes to back to my first point of blending in with the crowd. These gates are easily my most used mode of escape, and are so frustrating when you are the pursuer.

Lifts: These are long ropes with a counterweight on the end of them. Simply run up to them and they will launch you to the top of a roof. It takes several seconds for it to reset, giving you ample time to find a a place to hide. One tactic I have noticed works very well is to launch up, wait for your attacker to follow, then hop back down that same side and hide. It will almost always throw them off.

Corner Helpers: These are essentially swinging handholds. Things like hanging lanterns or potted plants. Run along high beams and you will find these. They swing you around a corner and let you get away from your enemy. These are great because they force your attacker to hop down and around, giving you a few seconds of sweet relief.

Falling Platforms: These are obviously here just for rooftop chases. They stay up long enough for you to jump across, then fall down so your pursuer can't follow. If you see one of these, use it. They are amazing.
    Be Careful with Hiding Spots

I've noticed a lot of people love to use hiding spots. News flash: I saw you jump in the haystack. If you are going to use a hiding spot, make sure your pursuer didn't see you go in there. Even while you are in this hiding spot, keep your camera focused on your attacker. If they seem to be headed towards you, hop out and stun them. Important to note however that stun isn't always effective, so be careful. My main point here is that while hiding spots are awesome, they aren't guaranteed to work. Once again, always be watching.
    Game Modes

There are 4 main modes (not including tutorial). They are Wanted, Alliance, Advanced Wanted, and Manhunt.

Wanted/Advanced Wanted

6-8 players, all with the goal to get the highest points by killing their targets. It's a one round game that lasts 10 minutes.

Key strategies here are to be constantly moving, always watching, and blend into the crowd as much as possible. Remember: watch your numbers of pursuers. If any of the red spots are lit up, someone is trying to assassinate you. Trust no one!
    Alliance

3 teams of 2 players. Your team needs to assassinate and evade more than the other team. Highest score wins. 2 rounds of 4 minutes.

In this mode cooperation is key. Both players will share the same character look, so keep an eye out for two twin civilians acting strange. One thing to remember is that while you or your partner, or the other team, are assassinating someone, they are open to be assassinated. Watch your partner's back and never let your guard down.
    Manhunt

2 teams of up to 4 players take turns hiding and attacking. Think of it like a domination type of game. 2 rounds of 5 minutes.

This is my favorite mode, and requires a lot of strategy. You will start the game out either being a pursuer, or being the team that's pursued. If you are an attacker, the key here is to blend into the crowd, pay attention to your compass, and focus on odd behaviors. While it's tempting to leap across rooftops and sprint to your target, especially since you know no one is attacking you, I recommend you don't do this. It will give you away and if your target is at all good at this game, you will never catch them. Use your cover and try to lure your target.

If you start out as a defender, the best advice I can give is to do one of two things. Either stick to the highest point (rooftops, steeples, etc), or blend into the crowd via groups of similar looking characters or benches. Your main goal is to not die, while gaining points for stuns and evasions.
    Perk Strategies

Disguise (level 2)

This is my favorite perk by far. It's great when you are fleeing, and when you just get done assassinating someone. There are two huge strategies to using this perk that I have found. The first is that when you are fleeing, it works like a charm to turn a corner and quickly use Disguise. It's important to make sure that you are out of the view of your pursuer however. If you pull this off, you will often see your attacker run right past you.

The second strategy requires a little more planning, but it's hilarious when it works. It goes like this: You are fleeing from an enemy and see a group of people with a character model like yours. What you need to do is turn the corner then disguise yourself. Go into that group of people and stand there (you are now a different character). What it now looks like to your attacker is that you (which isn't really you, just the same character) are standing in a crowd trying to be tricky. They will 9/10 times kill that civilian, losing their bonus, and also leaving you open to stun. You will then get an evade and a stun bonus. It takes a lot more practice, but it's amazing.
    Sprint Boost (level 3)

Increase your speed while running
    Smoke Bomb (level 6)

Drop a smoke bomb to stun your opponents
    Hidden Gun (level

Shoot a targeted character after locking on

Templar Vision (level 11)

Reveal the presence and nature of all personas in sight. Can't hide from me now!
    Morph (level 14)

Transform characters from the crowd in your duplicates. Talk about confusing!

Firecrackers (level 16)

Drop firecrackers on the ground to blind opponents and scare the crowd. Great for revealing your target.

Throwing Knives (level 19)

Throw knives to injure your opponents. This slows them down and/or causes them to fall while climbing.
    Charge (level 21)

You rush straight ahead, scattering the crowd, and pounce on your target. Like a bull. An assassination bull.
    Decoy (level 24)

Change the appearance of anyone you target into your duplicate. This causes them to run away, which causes your attacker to chase them.
    Mute (level 26)

This mutes all personas around you, making it so they can't use their abilities, kill you, or stun you. Really good strategy is to use this if you think someone is in disguise.

Poison (level 29)

This makes it so you can perform an invisible kill move that poisons your target. They die shortly afterwards. This is one of the best perks because you can assassinate someone and not give yourself away.
    AC Bro Multiplayer Guide

Some pretty good tips here I think... I should be getting this game this weekend and it looks like I'll be ready to play online with these tips...

I'm sure a fair few people will find this useful DirtyD .. so thanks for posting!

+rep
    Last edited by jango; 11-18-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Hell yeah this should definitely come in handy thanks for the Post man.

I owe you a Rep, whenever I get done spreading lol.

I will certainly get back to this IF I buy the game.

Thanks for this =)
    Losing Is Not An Option.

Check out my Tumblr CarsndMore

Thread Information