Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram

Default Ram

I need more ram, my current comp only has like 330 mb.. I need at least 512 mb to access Netflix online vids.. seeing there's 8k online. please help to cheap ram.. something like 1gb would be good enough.

what kind of motherboard do you have? or at least provide the computer brand and model so i can look up what will fit in your pc

RAM is cheap these days - if your Mobo allows it you may be able to upgrade to 2 gigs easy

and how much are you willing to spend?
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

►Easy Programming | My Youtube
    ►Naztronomy :: Astrophotography | Custom Computers

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuX View Post
    what kind of motherboard do you have? or at least provide the computer brand and model so i can look up what will fit in your pc

RAM is cheap these days - if your Mobo allows it you may be able to upgrade to 2 gigs easy

and how much are you willing to spend?
    Isn't 1 gb like 50 bucks?

Anyways my comp info from the front is....

AMD Mobile Athon 64 3400+

Nvidia Geforce 6100 GPU

I think that's the info you need..if you need more..well just ask

well i think your motherboard can take only 184 pin DDR Modules - you think you can find that out?

or if your computer wasn't custom built, what brand is it? dell, hp? and a model number if available.

if the computer is like 2+ yrs old then it'll most likely be 184 pin which is more expensive since its old and production has gone down

240 pin are very cheap - can get 2 gigs for around $45
    Do not PM me regarding your problems or suggestions for the board unless you are offering me money. I will Ignore your posts and if you bother me too much, you will be banned.

WTF.. how you have less than a gig currently is beyond me.. but yea, provide me/us with a make and model number and i can give you a direct link to available upgrades. If its a custom PC.. i'll have to do more research on your mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    WTF.. how you have less than a gig currently is beyond me.. but yea, provide me/us with a make and model number and i can give you a direct link to available upgrades. If its a custom PC.. i'll have to do more research on your mobo.
    the computer is old is probably the reason lol

my old computer has 64 mb of RAM until like 2002 lol - then my next PC had 512mb until 2006 then i upgraded to 1 gig - this pc has 4 gigs now

reason it's less than a gig is because it's 2 yrs old+ Everex+cost less than 500 @ Wal-Mart. How do I find out the make and model?

Quote Originally Posted by jakncoke View Post
    reason it's less than a gig is because it's 2 yrs old+ Everex+cost less than 500 @ Wal-Mart. How do I find out the make and model?
    CPUID

download that software - version 1.44.2 right under versions history

unzip then run the program - then click "mainboard" tab and get the manufacturer and model of your motherboard and post it here

and then i'll be able to help you out - let me know if you have other questions

alright, all the information I need

here are a few good ones you can get:

Newegg.com - OCZ 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

that one is OCZ with a heatspreader - but i am not sure if your power source will be able to handle it, it uses a lot of power - 2.6v which is more than most others

Newegg.com - CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

thats another one - no heat spreader in there so unless you plan to do a LOT Of things that'll over heat your PC you should be fine - and corsair is good, not likely to get over heated easily - my server uses Corsair cards as well

those above ones are all 1 gig cards, here are a few 512 mb cards

Newegg.com - CORSAIR ValueSelect 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

let me know if you have any questions on those - these are MUCH cheaper now than they were years ago when I upgraded my old pc lol, to get to 1 gig i had to spend like $60

and if you want to look for ram yourself later - just use this guideline:

2 184-pin DDR DIMMs / Support DDR 333/400 SDRAM / Supports a maximum memory size 2GB

that just means you can insert two 184 pin DDR Cards in there cuz it has only 2 DIMM slots in there - DDR 333 or DDR 400 SDRAM (Shared RAM) and max upgrade to 2 gigs

Thread Information