PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner you morons!

jakncoke
12-30-2008, 11:50 PM
What an awful way to ring in 2009. It turns out that Viacom claims it has been trying to negotiate a "fair" renewal of its prized cable channels for months and months, but reputedly Time Warner Cable has been unresponsive and "unreasonable" so talks have stalled. The nation's 2nd largest cable system operator, in turn, claims Viacom is asking for "exorbitant" increases in carriage fees which would have to be passed along to the customer. So now this fight between the two Big Media giants will hurt cable viewers. At 12:01 AM on January 1st, just after the ball drops in Time Square, Time Warner Cable's 13.3 million subscribers will lose 19 Viacom channels -- Comedy Central; CMT: Pure Country; Logo; Palladia; MTV; MTV 2; MTV Hits; MTV Jams; MTV Tr3s; Nickelodeon; Noggin; Nick 2; Nicktoons; Spike; The N; TV Land; Vh1; Vh1 Classic; Vh1 Soul.

Nikki Finke Comedy Central In NY, LA, Everywhere (http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/happy-new-year-time-warner-cable-to-yank-mtv-nickeodeon-comedy-central-off-the-air/)

Directtv ftw!

Yuuki
12-30-2008, 11:57 PM
We've jumped back between Dish Network and Direct TV.
Then we switched to Time Warner not too long ago.
Luckily, I only watch one of those channels. Lol.
Well, two. But I don't watch the other too often.

LiNuX
12-31-2008, 01:06 AM
wait wtf, not comedy central!!! thats like the only channel I care about from the list....and my sis is gonna be mad about the mtv, vh1, and nick channels....stupid time warner

NOT COMEDY CENTRAL OMG

Trunks
12-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Good thing I don't have Time Warner, that's all the good channels.....

Samus-Fan
12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
We have Direct TV, but our actual cable is Time Warner. We have DTV for the channels, I dunno how it works.
Lol, those are all the good channels. Why wouldn't they respond or am I mis-reading? Lol

Trunks
12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
We have Direct TV, but our actual cable is Time Warner. We have DTV for the channels, I dunno how it works.
Lol, those are all the good channels. Why wouldn't they respond or am I mis-reading? Lol

I think it's that Viacom is asking for to much money to put there stations on Time Warner. So, Time Warner isn't going to pay that much and Viacom is leaving and taking there channels with them.

GF Eric
12-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Time Warner just plain sucks anyways it had an issue in my area with 2 stations but I have DTV and it rocks.

Blah Blah Blah
12-31-2008, 10:54 AM
ohh thats just messed up:mad1:

LiNuX
12-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I think it's that Viacom is asking for to much money to put there stations on Time Warner. So, Time Warner isn't going to pay that much and Viacom is leaving and taking there channels with them.

thats no reason for time warner to give out limited responses, that can be frustrating on the other company

Time Warner just plain sucks anyways it had an issue in my area with 2 stations but I have DTV and it rocks.

yeah time warner sux....no other cable provider in my area and verizon still refuses to have fios in my area cuz i really could have used the internet speed so I am a little stuck

Blackleo
12-31-2008, 12:21 PM
NOOO not Spike !!! How else will I get my MANSWERS !!!! QQ AND CC.