PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3: ODST

Trunks
12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Halo 3: ODST's tale focuses on the legendary ODSTs or "Orbital Drop Shock Troopers" as they drop into the ruined city of New Mombasa, looking for clues behind the Covenant's catastrophic attack on the city.

The new campaign chapter predates the events that unfold in "Halo 3" and gives players a new perspective through the eyes of a new hero in the "Halo" universe. New multiplayer maps ensure that the award-winning Xbox LIVE experience of "Halo 3" continues to thrive.

General Features

* All-new campaign content. The "Halo 3: Recon" campaign is an intriguing side story that takes place during the terrifying events leading up to the Master Chief's return to New Mombasa in "Halo 3." Experience the fate of Earth from the brand-new perspective of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), adding a unique outlook and new gameplay elements to the events that unfold in the trilogy's finale. While the feel of this new chapter will greatly resemble that of previous "Halo" experiences, "Halo 3: Recon" will require players to employ more elements of stealth and cunning than ever before.
* A new hero: Prepare to drop. Known for their courage, valor and, at times, insanity, ODSTs are among the fiercest UNSC soldiers, priding themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations. While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these "Hell Jumpers" more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve.
* Expanded multiplayer collection. No "Halo" experience would be complete without groundbreaking multiplayer content,* and "Halo 3: Recon" gives fans more of what they love. With exclusive new maps and full Forge options, players will find more multiplayer content than ever before with "Halo 3: Recon."
* Ever-growing community options. Players will continue to enjoy all the great "Halo 3" technological innovations, including Saved Films, screenshots, Campaign Scoring and four-player co-op. All of the new multiplayer maps fully support the Forge editor, offering endless gameplay customization possibilities for fans.

Genre: First-Person Shooter
Exclusively on Xbox 360
Release Date September 30, 2009

I'll probably pick this game up just because I'm a Halo fan. Although there is no Master Cheif, it's basically a prequel to Halo 3.

Will it do as good or better than Halo 3? Probably not, because Master Cheif isn't in it. I bet it will still reach over 2 million on opening weekend.

LiNuX
12-31-2008, 05:25 PM
lol more halos...i knew they wouldn't stop the game, too profitable

jakncoke
12-31-2008, 06:19 PM
lol more halos...i knew they wouldn't stop the game, too profitable

Halo Wars is also coming next yr, it's a RTS

LiNuX
12-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Halo Wars is also coming next yr, it's a RTS

yea already knew about that, this ODST one is just new to my knowledge

jakncoke
12-31-2008, 06:49 PM
yea already knew about that, this ODST one is just new to my knowledge

really? weird I made a thread not too long ago about, apparently you missed it

LiNuX
12-31-2008, 07:06 PM
really? weird I made a thread not too long ago about, apparently you missed it

I did...I'm about to go look for it lol - I'm not a huge halo fan so I can't say that I look out for the info - I just read them when they catch my attention and sometimes i tend to skip it

EpsilonX
01-02-2009, 10:42 AM
so it's called halo 3 ODST instead of halo 3 recon?

that's the stupidest name i've ever heard

Scott
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
It sounds great but I don't care I never even finished Halo 3 because the single player was rubbish.

Trunks
01-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree single player does need a little improvement. It's kind of plain. The multiplayer is still amazing though.

GF Eric
01-10-2009, 02:58 PM
it kinda sucks that they made it ODST from Recon but hey I am a fan of Halo and can't wait to pick this one up at the end of the year.

rukisuto
01-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I'll just HAVE to try it, being the Halo fan I am C:

TheMutzNutz
09-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Its gunna be so much better than halo 3, You have to work more as a team, It will take to marines to take down 1 Hunter, It has the biggest halo level ever ( New Mombasa ). I dont understand why your upset about the name ??? halo recon is a rubbish name and so ordinary, its called ODST as O.D.S.T ... stands for Orbital drop shock troopers. Its different and we get to use human guns Booya ! .

Also : I saw a post by somone saying halo 3 ODST was a massive add on - Ive not read this anywhere so im guessing its NOT!

Iceskater101
09-07-2009, 11:35 AM
I know some people who pre-ordered this game
I haven't though
I am just going to buy it when it comes out

Street_Soldier69
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
i played halo 2 once, didnt care for it. traded it. and then later sold my xbox. and kept my PS2

HamadaLFC8
09-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I have it, the campaign is like 100x easier if you play it on Co-op mode! Like one part I died like 5 times, then I played it with my buddy and we pretty much owned it!

But the multiplayer is .. meh :/ can you rlly only play with 4 of your friends?!?!

GF Eric
09-28-2009, 08:48 AM
the game is sick as ever. i just cant get enough of it lol

GrandMoff
09-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Halo has a plot!?!? Who would have known! All I see people play Halo for is the Online Multiplayer...

Shixx
09-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Halo has a Really good Plot, sir. Probably one of the Best plots for a Shooter.

HamadaLFC8
10-02-2009, 09:18 AM
The Music is as epic as ever :P

hidekipooj
10-02-2009, 02:56 PM
wait....halo has a storymode?

ghchick93
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
this game will live on a for a while.

im getting ODST this weekend. im excited

HamadaLFC8
10-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Mhm... I'm not that satisfied with ODST .... :/

GF Eric
10-09-2009, 09:24 PM
The only thing they left out is where did all the other ODST's that dropped go to. If you remember there were a lot of them even though I know the main focus was on this team.

darkassassin
10-26-2009, 03:51 AM
im nat a very big fan of halo but i think it is pretty good :)

MissLEGENDARY
10-26-2009, 03:46 PM
ODST was pretty good. Not as good as Halo 3. But I think they need to stop making Halo games before they kill it.

HamadaLFC8
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
ODST was pretty good. Not as good as Halo 3. But I think they need to stop making Halo games before they kill it.

Amen to that!

Iceskater101
10-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Ugh I am stuck on ODST
I just finished the last mission that I unlocked which is called ONI Alpha site but I can't find the next mission unlock thing
so i gave ODST up for a while

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-27-2010, 12:38 AM
My roommate got this a while back in the break before MAG and Mass Effect 2 came out I played through this in one sitting. I really liked it. It was a nice change from the old tried and true halo story mode. The way they tell the story and playing as each of the ODST's was a bunch of fun for me. With that all being said I don't know about the price they had on it. It was very good but not really worth that full price IMO.

youthism_is_me
01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
halo overweight drugy soldiers coming soon to a gas station near you no just kidn its a cool game

Morticia
01-29-2010, 12:48 PM
halo overweight drugy soldiers coming soon to a gas station near you no just kidn its a cool game

What the?

O_O

youthism_is_me
02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
halo 1 halo2 halo3 halo wars and halo ODST now we need halo o1d2s3t-wars i am sure most of you will not get this

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-07-2010, 04:25 PM
halo 1 halo2 halo3 halo wars and halo ODST now we need halo o1d2s3t-wars i am sure most of you will not get this

As long as they keep making money on the Halo series they will make new games. The truth is that Bungie does a good job and the halo games are very good if they weren't then people wouldn't keep buying them.

youthism_is_me
02-07-2010, 04:27 PM
As long as they keep making money on the Halo series they will make new games. The truth is that Bungie does a good job and the halo games are very good if they weren't then people wouldn't keep buying them.

yeah its true plus there is movie coming

Subb
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
ive always enjoyed halo, but i havent played halo wars tho

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
ive always enjoyed halo, but i havent played halo wars tho

It is an ok game what really holds it back for me is that RTS games don't work well on the console. If you miss one of the halo games that would be the one you could skip.

youthism_is_me
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM

i still like this i wrote it early on