PDA

View Full Version : Free blog. Get your FREE blog!

greent
03-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Well, I'm not so sure if this is the right forum. Sorry linux.

Anyways, I'm giving out a free blog.
It's a wordpress type of blog.

If you want one be the first to post i want it!!! but b4 that read the terms, cuz i dont want some 'adult' site on my blog..lol

Here the URL to the terms ( http://www.rune-nation.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19955#19955 )

Only thing i do get to do is place google adverts on your blog. that the least i can do to keep it free.
No pop-ups dont worry I'm not tripod. :P

Also, if you want new themes/plugins I will install them. =) your the admin. But if you brake any of these terms i will remove your blog or give it away to someone else. So don't mess w/ my rules. :P

Also, your blog url will be like this. e.g. www.rune-nation.net/your_blog_name_you_pick_the_name

LiNuX
03-18-2007, 06:04 PM
its in the write section, advertising a service, :) good luck with your offer, but why place google ads on their blogs, since you are offering a subfolder for the domain, just that one question.

but good luck :)

greent
03-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Becuase it's using up my diskspace and bandwidth. I need a way to not loose so much. By using up my SQL database, bandwidth, & diskspace I'll need a way to take back, so why not use google ads =)

LiNuX
03-18-2007, 06:55 PM
oh yeah lol, forgot about that, well makes sense, i dont even put google ads on my sites anymore, u remember when i used to use them? was ok, but wasnt making me much money so i took 'em off and sold text links :) good luck

greent
03-22-2007, 04:36 PM
oh yeah lol, forgot about that, well makes sense, i dont even put google ads on my sites anymore, u remember when i used to use them? was ok, but wasnt making me much money so i took 'em off and sold text links :) good luck

Yeeah ty.. yeah google is crapy.. lol :P
yo u doign gud w/ text links?

LiNuX
03-22-2007, 06:56 PM
well i'd rather not discuss this over the net lol, if u wanna talk about it IM me on AIM if you can, my screenname is in my profile, wont do it via pm either sorry.

wifi
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
wow cool offer dude :P maybe i'll try sometimes but i dont even know what the blog should be about, why cant i get a .com like this site or something?

greent
03-23-2007, 03:03 PM
cuz it cost money. ;D

Unless your willing to pay for it?

greent
03-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Maybe .info domain is alright, I might have a sweet deal w/ some of my friends who are selling 10 of em for free.

Please PM me if you interested :)

1 year for free. then I either make it a sub-folder or you gota pay for another year.

LiNuX
03-23-2007, 03:13 PM
where will they be registered? well u can also combine it with our domain contest, just another thought :)

greent
03-23-2007, 03:35 PM
That i'm not sure, but he told me i have to give him the names i want and he'll make it for me, i comes w/ dns.. I don't have 100% control but he is my nieghbor/friend. so if anythign happends i'll jsut come over @ his home and fix the prob

LiNuX
03-23-2007, 09:22 PM
well u should ask which registrar it'll be registered, much easier for others to understand and manage.

diablo
03-24-2007, 08:56 PM
pretty good offer here, good luck with the offer, hope it helps out your site in the way that you want, i'll have no use for it at the moment

Eric
03-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Great offer, and good luck with it :)

greent
03-25-2007, 12:27 PM
ty, i'm also going to allow all the options you wud have if you owned it. So if you need a theme plugin etc. I'll add it ASAP. :)

LiNuX
03-25-2007, 05:13 PM
well to save you time, just give them ftp access to their folders, that way they can upload their themes and plugins by themselves and whenever they want, simpler and a time saver, because you may not be on all the time to do it for them.

greent
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
But, remember they hace access to all the other file in the blog. and wp-themes is the spot where the google advert code goes in the have acess to replace that code w/ their own and me not finding out becuase htey could jsut match my same colors. :(

LiNuX
03-26-2007, 09:42 PM
oh, then just monitor them all the time, you can shut them down if they disobey lol

greent
03-27-2007, 04:30 PM
yeah, but you know how google has a special pub code. well if they jsut change that too their own i'll have no idea they changed it. So it's better for me to disable acess less problems :)

and if they need a theme i think they can w8 a day :P

LiNuX
03-28-2007, 08:17 PM
monitor means check the site for the ads, and check the code, right click on that page -- view source and look at the google code pub code, its written there, and if its not there, close the site and ban them, check it like once a day or so but different times of day if possible.

greent
03-29-2007, 05:51 PM
maybe, but i doubt i'll be alowing acess to the DB

LiNuX
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
what database? mySQL or the files via ftp? and why? lol

greent
04-01-2007, 02:06 PM
wp DB its safer and less work. I'm sure they can wait jsut like we have to wait for stuff @ P4H all the time.

LiNuX
04-01-2007, 04:31 PM
lol haha, u know i ask for my stuff at p4h ahead of time, like if i have a plan to do something i ask for upgrade then do it eventually :)