PDA

View Full Version : i have some questions about xbox. im a beginner

newuser001
01-02-2009, 07:53 AM
i want an xbox and guitar hero but really confused which of either to get.

what is the difference between xbox 360 20gb, 60gb, and arcade. is it only that 60gb has more memory? and idont know what arcade is?
also what games are decent, but not war games??

and which guitar hero should i get. i dk whether to splash out and get the whole band with world tour or just get the guitar?

do you know where cheapest to get these? but a legitimate shop/site.

ive never even played guitar hero but i just want to spend my cash on something and it looks fun. but id like to play other games aswell which arent too hard.

Riku-Nara
01-02-2009, 11:20 AM
1) DO NOT GET THE 360 ARCADE! THAT IS FOR POOR PEOPLE!

2) I'd recomend that elite one, if you'e got the cash and want alot of memory.

3) Gamestop, or ebay are your two best choices, since they guarantee refunds if something's wrong with the product.

4) Get the whole band, once again, if you've got the money.
Much funner that way, but may i suggest the rock band 2 set instead?

5) For the other games, gamestop sells some used **** hella cheap.
Like, i traded in some games i never play, and got DMC 4, Mass Effect, and GTA4 for under $70.

Cream Suede
01-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Well you need a Xbox 360 to play Guitar Hero.
World Tour is obviously more expensive since it is the whole deal with drums etc.
Guitar Hero 3 with the wireless guitar is now fairly cheap I believe...100$ CAN?

20gb is the amount of memory on the hard drive that comes with the Xbox.
60gb being more memory 3x as much

Elite comes with a huge hardrive and runs alot smoother than the normal core purchase.
Remember xbox has alot of extras other than just games and fun.
It can play your music,videos, store your videos and do so much amazing stuff (y)

I agree with Riku. Gamespot would be a very good online choice.

Arcade is just the basic xbox. It comes with a Silver xbox live account i believe which is nothing compared to a gold account which lets you play with your friends online.
The Arcade release was more of a family friendly version of the xbox package and was made for that purpose im sure.but yea.

Arcade is horrible for you, it is just all the arcade games that you don't even need discs for because they are saved on your xbox. You can still have an xbox or an elite xbox with arcade games.

Don;t forget to buy your subscription to xbox live. IMO paying for a a full year is cheapest. Its maybe 69$ for a year I think. then your rollin

jakncoke
01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
3) Gamestop, or ebay are your two best choices, since they guarantee refunds if something's wrong with the product

I disagree, just get one from a main dept store. You have a 3 yr warranty guaranteed by Microsoft. Gamestop will probably give him a system that's been sent back 5 times or try and sell him a Zephyr, and Ebay those ppl are shady as hell

LiNuX
01-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I disagree, just get one from a main dept store. You have a 3 yr warranty guaranteed by Microsoft. Gamestop will probably give him a system that's been sent back 5 times or try and sell him a Zephyr, and Ebay those ppl are shady as hell

I've had pretty good experience with ebay - its all about knowing who to buy from, I never buy products worth more than $10 from people who just signed up or with less than 50 ratings. and ebay will probably help save on a xbox 360 if he can get the right deal from the right person.

buying from a local store would help too especially if you know the guys working there, can get good discounts lol - i used to get like 20%-50% off my ps2 games from this guy near my house - he was the owner too so he couldn't get in trouble :D better than ebay - doubt i can get a console for that cheap though lol

jakncoke
01-02-2009, 10:26 PM
And not to mention having to wait for the console to arrive or the possibility of a crooked Fedex of some other delivery service guy pocketing said package. If it isn't a Wii your tarded or cheapa## if you go online for a console

Trunks
01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
And not to mention having to wait for the console to arrive or the possibility of a crooked Fedex of some other delivery service guy pocketing said package. If it isn't a Wii your tarded or cheapa## if you go online for a console

You know that can happen off of ebay. I buy most of my games online because you get a discount.

Also all my experience using ebay, I've never got ripped off once yet.

jakncoke
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
You know that can happen off of ebay. I buy most of my games online because you get a discount.

Also all my experience using ebay, I've never got ripped off once yet.

I was talking about ebay, anyways you buying games off of ebay is fine and well as your a teen but as an adult you should try and buy new and much as possible, support the hobby you love! screw ebay!

LiNuX
01-02-2009, 10:40 PM

thats why there are shipping insurance lol - remember the thread i had about fedex sucking and how the guy delivered the items my dad bought to the wrong place? well he got his money back from fedex in a few days

but yeah, the wait is bad sometimes but waiting makes it all worth it lol, for me at least

jakncoke
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
thats why there are shipping insurance lol - remember the thread i had about fedex sucking and how the guy delivered the items my dad bought to the wrong place? well he got his money back from fedex in a few days

but yeah, the wait is bad sometimes but waiting makes it all worth it lol, for me at least

Still didn't get his item fast though, and that was just a briefcase(correct?), if you want a console and have the money you want it that instant or really fast not a couple days later with the possibility of having file stuff because of some thief or screw up

LiNuX
01-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Still didn't get his item fast though, and that was just a briefcase(correct?), if you want a console and have the money you want it that instant or really fast not a couple days later with the possibility of having file stuff because of some thief or screw up

yea it was a suitcase - i mean if you are in that badly then by all means go get it at a store lol...but I was just talking mostly about me and others like me, i just dont mind waiting for my stuff and I personally have never gotten anything lost during delivery - my dad just has bad luck lol

Trunks
01-03-2009, 11:23 AM
yea it was a suitcase - i mean if you are in that badly then by all means go get it at a store lol...but I was just talking mostly about me and others like me, i just dont mind waiting for my stuff and I personally have never gotten anything lost during delivery - my dad just has bad luck lol

Same here, I rather get things cheaper and wait a week or so. I get all my 360 games from ebay, anywhere from 30-50 dollars some new and some used. I have to wait a week sure, doesn't bother me though.

LiNuX
01-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Same here, I rather get things cheaper and wait a week or so. I get all my 360 games from ebay, anywhere from 30-50 dollars some new and some used. I have to wait a week sure, doesn't bother me though.

lol yeah, save the money, and buy extra games or accessories later :D

amazon is also another good place to buy stuff, trustworthy and I've bought some stuff from there as well, just not nearly as enough as eBay though

oh and Newegg - I buy all my computer stuff from there, well almost all - sure I have to wait but I save like $50 on the same CPU at a local computer store.

gotta love the internet sometimes

jakncoke
01-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Amazon is not bad, don't have to worry about getting sniped

Metallica1983
01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
as riku said avoid arcade it is a lot cheaper to buy a 20 gig and then just buy the 60 gig hdd separately I recommend wal mart or game stop for the cheapest price on games and i would say get guitar hero 3 it has better songs than world tour in my opinion but if u want the band experience then go for world tour but as i said gh3 has the better guitar songs

EpsilonX
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
i wish they'd re-make the songs from guitar hero 1 and 2 with like updated chords (back then there were hardly ever 3 button chords) and with the improved hammer-ons and stuff. idk. I wanna be able to play like Six or hangar 18 with a full band.

anyways that's not so much what the topic is about. If you're gonna get a 360, i'd just go for the Elite. Besides, I like the black color way better.

Cervantes
06-11-2009, 06:37 PM
1) DO NOT GET THE 360 ARCADE! THAT IS FOR POOR PEOPLE

I find this comment very rude and untrue. I have got the arcade version of the xbox because frankly you can buy a hard drive afterwords and end up saving money. This does not mean i am poor but saving money is never a bad thing.

Choke On Candy
06-12-2009, 09:25 PM
i want an xbox and guitar hero but really confused which of either to get.

what is the difference between xbox 360 20gb, 60gb, and arcade. is it only that 60gb has more memory? and idont know what arcade is?
also what games are decent, but not war games??

and which guitar hero should i get. i dk whether to splash out and get the whole band with world tour or just get the guitar?

do you know where cheapest to get these? but a legitimate shop/site.

ive never even played guitar hero but i just want to spend my cash on something and it looks fun. but id like to play other games aswell which arent too hard.

You could get a arcade edition 360 new and then look around for a used hard drive. The size mostly depends on what you will be using the memory for. I had a 20gb hard drive and had to upgrade because I had no more room from rockband downloads. So if you think you are going to be using lots of memory you should go for a higher GB. The elites are just insanely too much way over priced and you don't really need that much memory just delete your demos and videos for crying out loud! I have a 60gb now and have used over 20gb just on Rb dlc/gh dlc.

Now for the guitar aspect. I have played every guitar game on every system. This is hard to give you a recommendation because many of the guitar games are based on difficulty ranges. If your just looking for some fun I would tell you to get Guitar Hero Aerosmith or Guitar Hero Metallica. If your looking for a group based game were you can drum/sing/guitar then your looking more for rock band/rock band 2/ guitar hero world tour buy a bundle or looked for used equipment via game stop or game crazy. Be advised that you can't use the rb/rb2 equipment fully on guitar hero world tour. ALSO you can use the rb2 guitar on guitar hero aerosmith. There is also a little game called rock revolution floating around it gives you other little challenges in the game which is neat. Difficulty wise you can't beat guitar hero 3, guitar hero 2, rockband 2. Out of all these I prefer rockband 2 much more dlc new downloads every Tuesday. So that's all I got....Hope your mind is BLOWN. :twitcy: