PDA

View Full Version : Hold Your Wee for a Wii

KittyCat72
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I heard about this contest they had a while back for a Wii. Basically, you had to drink as much water as possible, without using the bathroom, as you can. This girl came in 2nd place but died that night because of it. It was just too much water, she drank like 2 gallons. I could see why she did it though, I mean who wouldn't. We're talking about a Wii! Well, maybe if you sdidn't know you were going to die. Would you do this? And what do you think about it? If I have any of my facts wrong, please tell me.

LiNuX
03-19-2007, 05:45 PM
yeah i heard about that, its stupid and sad, i would do it, i can hold it in for a while lol :) but i think she drank a lot more than 2 gallons

Eric
03-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Die for a wii, I think I would pass. If I felt it was a win-win situation, and was worth like $100m, then yeah, I would :)

souljaa
03-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't do it, I get full after like 2 bottles :O..:)....But yeah, rather just buy it instead going through all that. It was a really stupid contest, good the radio people got fired :).

wifi
03-19-2007, 07:36 PM
wasnt that on the news? or did one of my teacher tell me lol, its stupid, people do stupid things for stupid prizes :P

jasonbay
03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah from her misfortune I learned dont drink a ton of water at a time , I didnt know you could die like that .

Twigz
03-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I heard that on the news as well; she was dumb for being that desperate to do something that unintelligent, and the radio dudes were stupid for even thinking of putting that "contest" together. Just buy the dang thing! A lot less trouble.

KittyCat72
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
She didn't know that there was a risk to die when she signed up.

wifi
03-22-2007, 09:55 PM

would anyone do it if they knew they were gonna die?

souljaa
03-23-2007, 04:27 PM

would anyone do it if they knew they were gonna die?

True, true, but still, like...To much water anyways, makes you feel sick sometimes :/..Wouldn't do that for the Wii.

KittyCat72
03-24-2007, 08:21 AM
She probably wouldn't have died if she went pee immediatly afterwards. The trick to win those kind of contest is to have a porti-bathroom with you that no one can't see. Have any of you ever seen those show where people are in a contest for a car? You know, when they have to keep their hand on it. I remember seeing one where this guy had a plastic container attached to his leg that he was peeing into. Weird.....

Twigz
03-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah it was radio for goodness sakes, no one can see what anyone's doing there, she was just stupid, like I said before.

souljaa
03-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, exactly, but I guess she was so exxcited, she wan't thinking....Clearly.

KittyCat72
04-07-2007, 09:07 AM
I can understand how someone could get excited over a free Wii, but still........ If you've got to go pee, go pee!

wifi
04-07-2007, 09:42 PM
lol speaking of going to pee lol, brb haha (a little joke) :P

Beanie
04-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I remember when I first heard about this story, I thought someone was taking the piss.

Just goes to show what extremes people are willing to go to just to win something for free...

LiNuX
04-12-2007, 06:55 PM
everybody loves free things, look at the show Fear Factor $50,000 do crazy stuff, eat bugs, jump off buildings, etc

KittyCat72
04-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey, if I was in her situation I would have did the same thing. But I would have probably given up or cheated. Who am I kidding, it doesn't really matter; I have a Wii already. Two would be great though, a little greedy, but still........

newhen
04-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I heard about this contest they had a while back for a Wii. Basically, you had to drink as much water as possible, without using the bathroom, as you can. This girl came in 2nd place but died that night because of it. It was just too much water, she drank like 2 gallons. I could see why she did it though, I mean who wouldn't. We're talking about a Wii! Well, maybe if you sdidn't know you were going to die. Would you do this? And what do you think about it? If I have any of my facts wrong, please tell me.

wow, can anyone say addicted

KittyCat72
04-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I can:
addicted

Wow, that wasn't so hard, he he.

HyperShadow5592
07-03-2007, 01:30 AM
I would do it (as long as I was blissfully unaware that I would die later that day) after all, I spent 18 hours in line (through the night) at Wal-Mart waiting for one.

lonewolfxix
07-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Hmm, This must be an old topic. I remember hearing about this on the news awhile back, pretty weird way to die...I probably would of done it though Wii's didn't sell aswell here as in America because everyone thought "oh wow sony playstation 3, it must be great." then they buy it and get disappointed or brainwashed, sort of goes half each way. So Wii's are really high in price here still and there's loads of them =/

KittyCat72
07-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Lol, really? They've been constantly selling out here. They were gone within an hour o the store recieving them... but they only got 2 at a time. It's just started to slow down, now the Wiis are there a day or 1 before they are sold. And what do you mean too expensive? I know it costs a lot but the PS3 is more, right? :P

lonewolfxix
07-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Wii's are selling here at $400/console compared to like $200 there right? then again this is Britain which could kind of explain why it costs soo much. PS3's have dominated the market here because everyone liked the first 2 and/or want to be Japanese.