PDA

View Full Version : LBP a success

jakncoke
01-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Sony Computer Entertainment boss Kaz Hirai had some fresh PlayStation data for the CES crowd today. Probably most important to Sony's PlayStation 3 fortunes are LittleBigPlanet sales, which Kaz says now total 1.3 million worldwide.

Hirai also revealed that more than 300,000 user created levels have been made for LittleBigPlanet, with over two years of game play time racked up in the PlayStation 3 game. That's over 17,000 hours by our calculator.

Kaz also noted that some 17 million PlayStation Network accounts are in the wild, with 2.1 million of those created in the month of December. Hey, that's the same number of Xbox Live users! How convenient.

The final number that the Sony folks wanted to throw out was 330 million. That's the total number of things downloaded from the PlayStation Store. Great success!

CES 09: Kaz Says LittleBigPlanet Has Sold 1.3 Million, PSN Accounts At 17 Million (http://kotaku.com/5126304/ces-09-kaz-says-littlebigplanet-has-sold-13-million-psn-accounts-at-17-million)

the team was only about 20 large, great success for such a small team. 300k levels...I need to try some more quite soon as soon as I get out of my non-gaming phase

EpsilonX
01-14-2009, 07:31 AM
I might have to try this game. I thought it would be something that you grow tired of quickly, guess now

LiNuX
01-14-2009, 10:03 AM
lol wow...300k levels, 17,000 hours of playing, now thats a game you can keep playing without having to repeat something at one point or another

congratulations to LBP :D