PDA

View Full Version : Halo Wars release dates

jakncoke
01-13-2009, 04:38 AM
A New Chapter in the “Halo” Franchise, “Halo Wars,” Available at U.S. Retailers on March 3

Get suited up and ready for deployment! On March 3, “Halo Wars,” the action-based strategy game set in the iconic “Halo” universe and created exclusively for Xbox 360, will be available in stores nationwide. Internationally, “Halo Wars” will be available on the following dates:

* Japan and Asia Pacific: Feb. 26
* EMEA: Feb. 27
* Americas (US, Canada, Mexico and South America): March 3

Pre-orders for “Halo Wars” are taking place at participating retailers nationwide now. Fans who pre-order will receive an exclusive in-game Warthog with flame decals. The Limited Collector’s Edition is also available and includes a special in-game “Honor Guard” Wraith, a graphic novel, six Leader cards and a “Spirit of Fire” patch. As an additional exclusive, LCE owners will get early access to the in-game “Halo 3” Mythic Map Pack for exciting new multiplayer action.

The Limited Collector’s Edition retails for an estimated retail price of $79.99, while the standard edition is available at $59.99. A first for a “Halo” franchise game, “Halo Wars” is rated “T” for Teen.

Collector's Edition Extras

• Three New “Halo 3” Multiplayer Maps – Be one of the first to experience the Mythic Map Pack* which includes three new maps, “Assembly,” “Orbital” and “Sandbox”

• Halo Wars: Genesis – a beautiful graphic novel by Phil Noto chronicling the first military campaign against the Covenant. The novel centers around the Sprit of Fire on a mission to discover why the Covenant are so interested in the world of Harvest

• Unique In-game Vehicle – “Honor Guard” Wraith

• Six Leader Cards – Leaders possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle

• Spirit of Fire Patch – Start the journey as an official Spirit of Fire crew member

very weird that USA gets it last, also very weird that JPN release date is so close I figured it'd released a bit down the road, then again I think Halo 3 was released around the same as Pal and USA release dates

LiNuX
01-13-2009, 07:35 PM
lol it is weird that US is getting it last...by like 5 days.

wonder how it'll sell

Foto166
02-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I so want this game. I love strategy games! And mixed with Halo, this game is a must-buy for me. I can't wait to get the demo(I know it's already out for Gold members, but my Xbox360 is at my dad's house!)

YuriPrime
02-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm drooling as I write this... however I'll likely have to wait a lot longer than March 3rd; gotta save up for a 360 first. :-(

Trunks
02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm actually thinking about getting this game. At first didn't want to, I like very few RTS games. I played the demo though, thought it was pretty fun.

Also, about the mythic maps. If I don't buy the game, I can still play them right? I heard from other places, that you can only download the mythic maps if you have halo wars.

Unoticedz
02-22-2009, 05:37 AM
The demo was awesome, can't wait til I get the full game (:

Flab-Ender
02-25-2009, 06:43 PM
I have had this game reserved since April thinking it was coming out in august. Well I was a little early. But i'm glad it's finally coming out.

Drake14
03-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I've heard great things about this game and really look forward to trying it! it looks great and although i really don't like the FPS halo games i do enjoy RTS games so i figure it should turn out nicely!

Jjjet1
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
I got this game and simple believe it is a horrible game. Yeah it's pretty sweet that you can control different things that are halo related, but I seen things in the game that I have never seen before in the shooters. Plus, have you even noticed how similar it is with starcraft? The main unit for the humans are marines and the second is a flame thrower. The covenant seems just like protoss but with guns while the flood seem like the zerg. I'm sorry, Alien Vs. Predator for the Xbox was by far better. Plus the way where you have set bases and you can not free build ruins it most for me. In my RTS games, I tend to love free building but this game takes the fun out of that. This game is mainly just for the fighting. Build units send to fight and they die do it over again. It's just way too simple for me. I loved the AOE games (not III) even the AOM but not this one.

darkangel-pro
04-20-2009, 09:49 PM
i have played the demo to halo wars its alright not a big fan.

Choke On Candy
04-21-2009, 09:49 AM

Me either... was suppose to be so awesome and I just feel like it was hyped up too much.

omgodzilla10
04-21-2009, 11:15 PM

Yeh, I've played the Demo too. I'm not crazy about it but it's very similar to Age of Empires.