PDA

View Full Version : WR important for a winning team?

Raw!
01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Like the title says, is a wide receiver an important position, and could a team still handle itself as well without Wide Receivers?

Discuss.

Trunks
01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Didn't we have a thread about this already, or maybe it was QB's....

Anyway, every position is needed in football, So every position is important. The one you need the is probably the center, can't start the play without one.

I for one am tired of seeing threads like this. If you take away one position, your team won't function properly. Their all needed to run plays correctly.

jakncoke
01-15-2009, 02:18 AM
I'm all for discussing sports but do we really need to rehash discussions?

Anyways are we saying no WR's in general or no good wr's?

If no wr's in general= offense wouldn't survive the NFL game unless rules were changed
If no good wr's= sure a team could survive win quite a few regular season games, deeper in the playoffs they'd get exposed though.

Raw!
01-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Jak, I could've sworn that back when I started the "Most Important Position" topic, you stated that a team could always win without good WR, and that it didn't matter.

jakncoke
01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
i doubt this, if you can provide proof then I'll admit defeat.

LiNuX
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
a good qb , a bad qb, and a great qb can be the difference between having a team make the playoffs, having a top 10 draft choice the next or being a super contender year in and out, a good running game is also vastly important in making a run to a SB, WR is very unimportant..a team can win SB's with average WR's just look at the Patriots in there SB wins

that's the quote, click the little blue thing to get to that post - he said a team can win with Average WRs.