PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl thread

jakncoke
01-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Arizona Cardinals vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Arizona Cardinals haven't reached a championship game since 1947

Pittsburgh Steelers are 5-1 in Super Bowls, trying to become the first to reach 6

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGL102~Arizona-Cardinals-Helmet-Logo-Posters.jpg

vs.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGL088~Pittsburgh-Steelers-Helmet-Logo-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Discuss.

I personally can't wait to see if Hines Ward will be ready to play, I think he will but you never know

How we defend Boldin/Fitz

Hightower and Edge won't accomplish nothing imo

I really hope we can establish a run game, but this doubtful with our terrible line.

and seriously going back to the AFC title game, Limas Sweed will never live down that drop...never

Trunks
01-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Ravens gave the AFC game away... to many penalties and turnovers.

Anyway, I think it's going to be a blow out for pit. Cardinals don't have good enough defense.

jakncoke
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Ravens gave the AFC game away... to many penalties and turnovers.

Anyway, I think it's going to be a blow out for pit. Cardinals don't have good enough defense.

Joe Flacco really screwed the pooch, 13-30- 141 yds

We gave up 60 yds to McGahee which kinda angers me, but we did keep it to a 3.0 average

Trunks
01-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Joe Flacco really screwed the pooch, 13-30- 141 yds

We gave up 60 yds to McGahee which kinda angers me, but we did keep it to a 3.0 average

60 yards still isn't that much lol. He probably would of had more if he didn't get knocked out... They had the first down if he didn't fumble it. Which reminds me, did they say anything about that yet. I heard it's a neck injury, but didn't say what was wrong with it.

jakncoke
01-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Doctors say he's neurologically fine, so that's good. Yeah I know 60 yds isn't much but I take pride in seeing Pitt D not give up much

Trunks
01-26-2009, 09:42 PM
My guess is that pit will destroy the Cardinals. They never really played a team with good D yet. Falcons, are more offense, eagles are terrible this year ,I'm surprised they even made it to the play offs. Now there going up against the number 1 D and they can't even run the ball against any team very well. My guess is it will be lots of pass attempts and interceptions.

CookieMonster
01-26-2009, 09:58 PM
As much as i would like the AZ cardinals to take it, i doubt it will happen, but they do seem more deserving. Then again going for your sixth super bowl win says something about you're team to.

LiNuX
01-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Rooting for steelers on my end, have plenty of friends that are rooting for them too

I know I'll be watching - might go on campus on the 60 Feet screen :D lol they have a screening every year, couldn't go last year, might make it this year.

jakncoke
01-26-2009, 10:12 PM
60ft+beer+pizza+steelers football would be so sweet

LiNuX
01-26-2009, 10:14 PM
60ft+beer+pizza+steelers football would be so sweet

lol dry campus - no alcohol allowed anywhere - very strict on that too

but there will be pizza, lots of drinks, just no alcoholic ones, and of course, steelers :D

jakncoke
01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
the hell, total fail campus.

LiNuX
01-26-2009, 10:56 PM
the hell, total fail campus.

lol - it works for them and thats all they care about

CookieMonster
01-26-2009, 11:11 PM
we have a very not so dry, dry campus where i live lol

Samus-Fan
01-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Go Cardinals!
They deserve to win.
They went from nothing last season to this, they deserve to win it more than the Steelers who have been in the Playoffs too much to win this over them.

YuriPrime
01-27-2009, 06:47 PM
The Steelers are going to double cover Fitzgerald all day, as well as storm the LOS to stop any running game as well as make things tough for Warner. This game is going to come down to how quickly the Cardinals receivers can get open. If they can consistently get open quickly and get solid YAC, the Cards have a shot.

Juicyz
01-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Well the Steelers are going to win I think but the Cards have a good team and if they can put it together they are a hard team to beat. But the Steelers have to win because they beat the chargers and if they win that means that the chargers are good.! lol

jakncoke
01-29-2009, 10:59 PM
threeball theory...heh didn't think I'd see that off of Gaf.

jakncoke
02-01-2009, 07:14 PM
as I listen to sweet sounds of Bruce Springsteen just want to comment on such an awesome int return to end the first half

Shadowstab
02-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm rolling in my seat right now, loving every sec of this game. We had a fantasy football pool going at work since the start of the season. I only won $50 for getting second for the best record but my team pick is the Steelers. WHEN they win the SB I'll bank $200!!! Yay me!!!

Trunks
02-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Looks like Pittsburgh won it. First franchise to win 6 super bowls.

LiNuX
02-01-2009, 09:10 PM
congratulations to the steelers, first franchise with 6 SB wins, impressive indeed

close game - nice try to cards though

edit: trunks beat me by a few secs lol

Trunks
02-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm quick.

I thought that last play looked like a forward pass, but they probably wouldn't of made it anyway even if they got the ball back.

jakncoke
02-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiNuX
02-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm quick.

I thought that last play looked like a forward pass, but they probably wouldn't of made it anyway even if they got the ball back.

yea...that won it for the steelers - i didn't get to watch the whole game but I was glad I caught the last few minutes of it and some of the beginning

Samus-Fan
02-01-2009, 09:23 PM
They last throw was NOT a fumble and everyone knows it.
Good job Cardinals!
I guess reviews aren't needed when it comes to the Steelers.
Good job for beating that player, and only get a PF.
Great Refs as well, call everything agaisnt the Cards.

jakncoke
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.encircling.us/photoplog/file.php?n=1879&w=l

Trunks
02-01-2009, 09:33 PM
lol I'm pretty sure I saw like 5 penalties in a row near the end of game on the steelers. It seemed like a pretty fair games to me, refs seemed to do a good job. I also think the booth reviewed 3 or 4 of the steelers plays.

I agree on the fumble part though, looked like a forward pass to me. But, they wouldn't of got a touchdown in 5 seconds anyway.

Samus-Fan
02-02-2009, 05:35 AM
lol I'm pretty sure I saw like 5 penalties in a row near the end of game on the steelers. It seemed like a pretty fair games to me, refs seemed to do a good job. I also think the booth reviewed 3 or 4 of the steelers plays.

I agree on the fumble part though, looked like a forward pass to me. But, they wouldn't of got a touchdown in 5 seconds anyway.

And the "Personal Foul" where the guy was punching the other?

And, Hail Mary anyone?

jakncoke
02-02-2009, 09:59 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/8b/Crymoar.gif

nothing matters because ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCrZfTkG1c&feature=related

Trunks
02-02-2009, 05:18 PM
And the "Personal Foul" where the guy was punching the other?

And, Hail Mary anyone?

I didn't see the Personal Foul so, not going to comment on it. I was on the phone during most of the game.

Yea, they could of won from a Hail Mary, but my guess is that Fitz would have 3 guys on him. It would be possible, but highly unlikely. The Cardinals had plenty of chances to win it though. Can't blame it on one call. During the 100 yard run back, one of the cardinals players from the bench ran into fitz and caused him to slow down. Your supposed to be 5 yards away from the field, he was bout 2 If they didn't he may tackled him. Saw it on espn today.

jakncoke
02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I didn't see the Personal Foul so, not going to comment on it. I was on the phone during most of the game.

Yea, they could of won from a Hail Mary, but my guess is that Fitz would have 3 guys on him. It would be possible, but highly unlikely. The Cardinals had plenty of chances to win it though. Can't blame it on one call. During the 100 yard run back, one of the cardinals players from the bench ran into fitz and caused him to slow down. Your supposed to be 5 yards away from the field, he was bout 2 If they didn't he may tackled him. Saw it on espn today.

James Harrison went overboard and got what was deserved a personal foul. lol at all the people calling it BS and he should have been ejected. Talk about kneejerk reactions they act as if he just raped a 3 yo

Samus-Fan
02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9GXtr9rpY

With 3:26 left and the Steelers leading 20-14, Harrison knocked down Cardinal Aaron Francisco, punched him, and shoved him another three times. Harrison was called for a personal foul, which is normally 15 yards, but in this case it was only half the distance in the goal line. Many Cardinals fans believe he should have been ejected from the game.
http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/james-harrison-punch-draws-personal-foul-penalty-and-criticism

jakncoke
02-02-2009, 08:28 PM
and Trunks get to witness how much an overreaction the internet is having on just rough play, hey Samus enjoy those sucky Browns next years :p

Samus-Fan
02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
and Trunks get to witness how much an overreaction the internet is having on just rough play, hey Samus enjoy those sucky Browns next years :p

And you enjoy those rule-breaking Steelers!

jakncoke
02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I will enjoy those 6 rings, 2 in my lifetime and you can continue enjoying the suck and AFC North cellar dweller!

Samus-Fan
02-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I will enjoy those 6 rings, 2 in my lifetime and you can continue enjoying the suck and AFC North cellar dweller!

Look at the 60's, 70's, 50's (I think), and some of the 90's and say "Sucking"
Those Browns won the Championship more than your rule breakers have won the Super Bowl.

jakncoke
02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Look at the 60's, 70's, 50's (I think), and some of the 90's and say "Sucking"
Those Browns won the Championship more than your rule breakers have won the Super Bowl.

No, the last time the Browns won a championship was pre super bowl era and I knew you would pull that card just like every other Browns/Packers fan would pull a bu bu we still has more championships, at least the Packers can say they have 3 super bowls, Browns haven't even been to one :laugh:

Samus-Fan
02-02-2009, 08:45 PM
No, you don't have more championships.
Pre-Super Bowl Era counts, it was the same thing but not called the Super Bowl.
And we've won it waaaaaaay more than the Steelers have/will.

jakncoke
02-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Yes I know you have more championships 8 compared to 6, the point is you have been barely relevant in the Super Bowl era, outside the Bernie Kosar era the Browns don't have much to be proud of, I can't wait till Pitt gets 3 more rings and Browns are still floundering around like helpless fish freshly taken out of the water, oooh it will be glorious oh so glorious :D

Trunks
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't say "Beating" The punches didn't look very hard and if you ever wore football pads, there pretty hard in the upper back. I doubt it hurt him at all. Just more of pushing, I don't think he should of been ejected either.