PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night Round 4 info

jakncoke
01-21-2009, 05:18 PM
* The game features at least a dozen venues from around the world. They are more built than previous titles. This includes more activity around the apron during a fight.

* Fighters confirmed so far Tyson, ali, Lennox Lewis, sugar Ray, Winky Wright, Sergio Mora and Emanuel Augustus (plz Miguel Cotto, Juan Manuel Lopez)

*The strength of a punch is no longer how far back you pull the analog stick, but how cleanly you make contact.

*if your in close to your opponent and don’t get full arm extension, the power behind your punches are weakened.

*Boxers now have more hit zones in their faces, and different punches will have different effects depending on where they land.

*Blocking now has a meter, this meter decays over time, your overall risk increases as the meter decreases. Punches can break through your guard and your arms can be knocked out the way (like Pacman did to De La Hoya) much easier as your opponent works your defense.(shows picture of Ali breaking threw Tyson’s upper block in between gloves with an extended left uppercut)
* Due to physics system reduces the power of punches when a boxers arms aren’t fully extended (picture shows Tyson smothering Ali on the inside)

* Fight Nights new physics system is better suited to providing more realistic outcomes during the moment to moment flow of two boxers constantly trading punches

*Taking cuts to the face ( I won many fights on cuts) is not about your health meter, the strength of the punch and how directly it lands on your face are more important

*When Tyson is throwing a punch at your head, don’t try and slap it out of air (referring to R3’s parrying system)

*40 licensed boxers, introduces more height and body (like Tyson being small for good inside, and taller Ali being better on outside). Thus, long armed fighters perform better if they stick and move, while shorter boxers like Tyson want to pummel you from close range, negating the advantage of the opponents longer arms.

*The parry system of old has been done away with. "You won't want to be attempting to parry one of Tyson's hooks." Taller boxers with longer arms will be expected to jab and move, while shorter guys like a Tyson will try to work inside.

*Another note would be the removal of maneuvering the thumb-stick in between rounds to work on cuts etc. Cut work and the like will be worked on by a points system being applied to your boxer. You'll choose from the bank of points you have accumulated and apply them where you see fit.

*Our goal with FN4 audio, is to enhance the gameplay experience by reflecting the emotion and excitement that is heard in a real life boxing match. Like much of the rest of the game, we’re building the audio from the ground up and have a load of new audio features for Fn4. This time around, FN4 will feature a 2-man commentary team (talent to be announced)that will bring a whole new level of intelligence and analysis to the game.

*The crowd will accurately reflect the size of the venue and respond to the action going on in the ring. There are several cool new features with music, and we are also filling out the soundtrack with a wider variety of music that will get the player in the “boxing” headspace from the get go

*One of EA Dev had this to say " I’m a big fight fan, so I am aware that part of that big fight experience, is the lead up to the fight, the stoppages and the scenes after a big fight has been won. In FN4 the cutscenes will accurately and authentically reflect that experience seen on TV; we have them all and they are looking tight! And when I say authentic- Ali won’t be doing the “running man” during his ring walk entrance!"

*"Here's one for authenticity in our NIS (non-interactive sequences), we've got Tyson sporting the towel during his entrance in the game as well as providing our fans the chance to customize your own robes. What do you want yours to look like?"

can't wait for this game!

Aeons
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
This game will be magical, for a boxing fan.

the engine look awesome...

but unfortunatly, my mind is set on UFC 2009 Undisputed ;)

Kujo
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I can not freaking wait for this game to come out. I WANT!