PDA

View Full Version : Popcap Games coming to PSN

jakncoke
01-29-2009, 02:14 PM
PopCap games coming to PSN
Sony Online Entertainment and PopCap Games have entered into an exclusive publishing agreement to bring five titles to the PlayStation Network.

Bejeweled 2 is immediately available for download in North America, with European versions launching soon, and will cost USD 9.99, and will later be joined by Zuma, Heavy Weapon, Peggle and Feeding Frenzy.

"As leaders in their genre, PopCap is to casual games what SOE is to MMOs," said John Smedley, president of SOE.

"Being the second largest publisher on the PlayStation Network, SOE is excited that this partnership will expand the PlayStation Network catalogue with awesome casual titles that players of all types can enjoy."

These titles sound vagually familiar, not sure I'd buy them over PSN as can't you play them for free online?

LemonRising
01-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Bejeweled for 9.99? Dude, I can play that with friends over msn for free B|

jakncoke
01-29-2009, 09:44 PM
tried to play Heavy Weopon free online but my computer didn't want to, but after looking at pics, I think I might actually be interested in it even though I should be against them charging 10 bucks for something that is found free on the internet. They did this with Flow as well. hmmm...