PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Looking for a 20-year-old patch

jnewton37
02-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Finally got a 5&1/4 drive working and got Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade copied over to my PC. Primarily a nostalgia thing. Apparently I need the 486 upgrade patch but LucasArts no longer provides support for this game. Anyone have a copy of this patch that they could make available?

Thanks.

LiNuX
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
that'll be a tough one to find, a 20 year old patch, that's almost as old as me lol - got this link from lucasarts

LucasArts.com | Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade (http://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/indy-last.html)

the patch was on their site

jnewton37
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks, LiNuX. That's actually the link that got me started on this quest. The page points to a file on LucasArt's FTP site but the target file doesn't exist, and their tech support said the same thing: "It's a 20-year old game...." :)
My current work-around, which I think I can live with, is to run the game in DosBox, where it seems to run fine, complete with sound. I was just curious if any old-timers had snagged a copy of the patch while it still existed on the web.

Cheers,
-j

LiNuX
02-03-2009, 10:37 PM
ah that sux...not sure if any other site will have it, usually they are just mirroring the main file and 20 years ago, there weren't many servers in the world to mirror game patches.