PDA

View Full Version : Bob Knight interested in Georgia job

jakncoke
02-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Georgia may be on Bob Knight's mind.
A source close to the legendary coach told the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Sunday that if Knight were offered the Bulldogs job, he would take it.
"He doesn't want it to look as if he's pursuing the job. He'd like to be offered it, and if offered, he'd take it," the source said.
"He doesn't want it to look as if he's looking for work, but I can assure you that he'd like to have the job. It's the idea of coaching a team in the Southeastern Conference that appeals to him. There are just so many things he could do for Georgia basketball. This would be his last stop, and he likes that."
Georgia fired Dennis Felton last Thursday after the Bulldogs got off to a 9-11 start and were 0-5 in the SEC. Associate coach Pete Herrmann was named interim coach for the remainder of the season.
Knight, 68, left Texas Tech in the middle of the 2008 season. The winningest coach in college history with 902 victories coached the Raiders from 2001-08 after a 29-year run at Indiana that ended in controversy. After leaving Texas Tech, Knight has served as an analyst for ESPN.
"I have never said that I wouldn't coach again," Knight said in a statement. "I've simply said in the past, if the right situation came along, I would be interested."

It's weird to me that he'd be interested in such a program