PDA

View Full Version : This made me lol

jakncoke
02-03-2009, 01:08 PM
A newly released police video shows Mississippi basketball coach Andy Kennedy pleading with an officer before his arrest on an assault charge.

"I'm begging you ... this is a major deal, man," Kennedy told police.

He added: "This is going to be a national incident, sir."

In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."
Kennedy was arrested in downtown Cincinnati on Dec. 18 after a taxi driver said Kennedy hit him and used racial slurs.

On the video broadcast by WLWT-TV in Cincinnati, an officer warned Kennedy to do what police say.

"You turn on me one more time, I'm going to start making some more charges. Do you understand me?" an unidentified police officer told Kennedy.

Kennedy told an officer that he was formerly the University of Cincinnati head coach and was in town to play "Louisville and Rick Pitino" on national television.

Kennedy also told police on the video that he had a verbal altercation about how many people could ride in the cab, and that it "makes no sense" to arrest him.

In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848
:laugh:

LemonRising
02-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Noiiiice
Major lol @ "Im famous let me gooooo"

YuriPrime
02-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, it's pretty disturbing to see how famous people tend to think they are exempted from having to obey the law simply because of their fame/status. When will they learn?

LiNuX
02-04-2009, 10:37 PM
lol...I'm sure there are some cops that let famous people pass by just because they are a fan..you don't hear about that

but it's kinda pathetic to try to use your fame to get out of being arrested..after hitting a cabbie and racial insult

Kiss
02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Lol, thats nice. =D