PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Tennis 2009

jakncoke
02-05-2009, 01:45 PM
LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (February 5th 2009) – SEGA Europe Ltd. and SEGA of America, Inc. today announced they will be publishing Virtua Tennis™ 2009. Virtua Tennis 2009 will smash into action on Sony PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and downloadable for PC fans in May 2009.

Virtua Tennis 2009 will again allow you to take on the world’s top tennis players in some of the most realistic courts to be found on gaming consoles. Take on the likes of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer or play as Maria Sharapova against Venus Williams to recreate some classic court battles. Joining this impressive roster of tennis stars are several new players for 2009, including men’s World No.4 Andy Murray and ladies French Open champion Ana Ivanovic. In addition to the traditional singles, doubles and mixed doubles matches, Virtua Tennis 2009 will also have the official Davis Cup license, giving players the coveted opportunity to lead their country to glory!

Virtua Tennis 2009 has extensive additions and detailed improvements to the classic arcade-style match engine like no other tennis game available. Player stumbling adds a new dimension to matches, while improved volleying, serving and net play allow you to express yourself on court like never before. In addition, the popular World Tour Mode has been given innovative new features offering a fully integrated online system, and new online ranking system available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Along with numerous other additions the Player Creation System in World Tour Mode has also been expanded, and a new look Tennis Store containing over 800 items will enable players to create their own unique Virtua Tennis Champion!

“The return of Virtua Tennis promises to be a real treat for both fans of the series and sports game fans everywhere” commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director for SEGA Europe. “The tennis season is shaping up to be the most exciting in years, and with new players, courts, an Online Tour and extensive on-court updates – Virtua Tennis 2009 is sure to maintain its spot as the standard by which all tennis games are judged.”

Finally, no Virtua Tennis game would be complete without the ever popular Court Games and Virtua Tennis 2009 doesn’t disappoint! Fan favorites will be returning alongside each other in completely new minigames, ensuring the tradition is carried on into this new iteration of the series. But look out for crocodiles, fruit and pirates in Virtua Tennis 2009’s collection of unique Court Games, available to play as single player, multiplayer and online, and sure to have players coming back for more!

Virtua Tennis 2009 ™ is due for release on the Sony® PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360™ and PC in May 2009, please go to for further information. www.virtuatennis2009.com

About SEGA Europe Ltd.:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s web site is located at

About SEGA of America Inc.:

SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s Web site is located at

I wonder if they got a plan for a VT Wii game, Sega could always use the money. As for VT 2009, dunno if I'll ever buy it, not a tennis fan.

jurryt
04-25-2009, 05:46 PM
good game I like it alot

Trunks
05-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I may actually look into this game. From me watching to much of Prince of Tennis I gained a liking to the sport. Not so much as to watching it, but a few of my friends play it and we just mess around. I'll have to read some reviews on it, I don't think I've ever played a tennis game except one from Areima games or w/e it is.

Scott
05-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Should be great fun online. Last and only tennis game I owned was Virtual Tennis on the PSP. Doubt I'll ever buy it though since there's so many other games that I want more.

grindquestman
07-15-2009, 07:38 AM
yeah well I dont like Tennis games very much ide rather play football games like world cup 98 the old good stuff you know?

faamtan
11-06-2009, 02:35 AM
thx for the information