PDA

View Full Version : Report: A-Rod juiced in 2003

jakncoke
02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Report: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003 while with Texas Rangers - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3890785)

This doesn't shock me one bit

LiNuX
02-07-2009, 05:10 PM
47 home runs...meh... I'm not surprised either but I'm not going to comment beyond that since I think he's still a great player - great 3rd baseman

jakncoke
02-07-2009, 05:30 PM
players using steroids has gone way past my caring point, case in point Barry Bonds

LiNuX
02-07-2009, 05:42 PM
players using steroids has gone way past my caring point, case in point Barry Bonds

barry bonds is on my "don't care" list as well

A-Rod isn't cuz he's on my favorite team lol...but we'll have to see what happens beyond this point with A-Rod since the 2003 test was a non-disciplinary one

Barry Bonds is bah

jakncoke
02-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Yup won't get in trouble, just will be looked down a pon from certain fans and HOF voters

Trunks
02-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't even see why it's illegal in sports. Big deal if it helps you build muscles faster. If they want to have small balls, then fine...

LiNuX
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't even see why it's illegal in sports. Big deal if it helps you build muscles faster. If they want to have small balls, then fine...

they see it as a shortcut and it's frowned upon - and since baseball players are role models for many young kids, and those kids see their favorite players take steroids, they'll probably end up taking steroids trying to be like their hero and then end up dying early cuz of bone problems.

That's where it turns into a big deal really, not that they just use it, it's their area of influence and the compulsion of kids to imitate actions of their role models.

jakncoke
02-08-2009, 10:31 PM
steroids defiantly shouldn't be legal, it's more than just shrinking of the balls, it's ****ing up bones, brain cancer, dying at the age that they wouldn't have if they were clean, I hate when the govt tries to be a nanny state but this is defiantly something I agree. At the same time I don't blame players for taking advantage of the system, they're taught that if you play well you get a paid very well. sports always seem to step in only when it's rampant.