PDA

View Full Version : Ever considered MLG?

Raw!
02-08-2009, 12:48 PM
To those that play Halo here, have any of you ever considered going pro?

I definitely have. I'm still considering doing it.. seems like an exciting life, get payed to win at tournaments ;D

jakncoke
02-08-2009, 09:40 PM
iirc there was an article not to long back that said pro gaming was dwindling atm because of the economy, also didn't you say you were average at Halo? For me to even consider trying pro gaming as a living I'd have to be super awesome at the game and love it with a passion because that's what you'll need as you'll need to play many... many hours a day practicing up for tourney's against other top level competition. for many being a sussessful pro gamer is nothing but a pipe dream, very few actually make it a reality . If you truly care and dedicate the hours there's no reason why you couldn't get your head into the door, I wouldn't recommend trying but never let anyone tell you how to live, if your dreams are being a pro gamer shoot for the stars and give every ounce of effort

Trunks
02-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Yea, you have to be extremely good at Halo or any other game if you want to go pro. Best thing to do first would be to do free tournaments just for fun. TWL is a free league that host many console and PC games. You can start with 1 on 1 matches or find a team and play. TWL isn't one of the best sites for consoles. More of a PC gaming site.

If you want to try a league out where you can make some money if you win. Online Gaming Tournaments | Play in Cash Tournaments! (http://tournamentfront.com) Cost depends on the prize for teach tournament and how many people there are.

LiNuX
02-08-2009, 10:42 PM
do they have CAL for Halo? I haven't followed CAL since like 2003 or 2004...I don't know what new games they added besides the good oldies

and as trunks suggested, start with free tournaments, OGL, CAL, CEVO are all tournaments - if your team can come out on top, you can look forward to having a career in pro gaming

I wanted to go Pro with CS but then I got tired of it and took like a 2 year break or so lol...came back sucking

Good luck with your gaming career lol, don't let it consume you though. You're still young, don't want to screw up your future, not yet at least lol

Trunks
02-09-2009, 03:53 PM
do they have CAL for Halo? I haven't followed CAL since like 2003 or 2004...I don't know what new games they added besides the good oldies

and as trunks suggested, start with free tournaments, OGL, CAL, CEVO are all tournaments - if your team can come out on top, you can look forward to having a career in pro gaming

I wanted to go Pro with CS but then I got tired of it and took like a 2 year break or so lol...came back sucking

Good luck with your gaming career lol, don't let it consume you though. You're still young, don't want to screw up your future, not yet at least lol

Cal is purely PC gaming. They said that they won't move to consoles because there is no anti cheat system. There are other reasons too, but that was the main one if I remember right.

They mostly took games down. I think there may be 15 or so now. All the older games have been taken down. Except Source, only game that's up there that's not more than 4 years.

LiNuX
02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Cal is purely PC gaming. They said that they won't move to consoles because there is no anti cheat system. There are other reasons too, but that was the main one if I remember right.

They mostly took games down. I think there may be 15 or so now. All the older games have been taken down. Except Source, only game that's up there that's not more than 4 years.

well I was on about the PC game anyway lol...I almost forgot Halo is also on the xbox

Trunks
02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Oh yea, forgot about the other 2 games for PC. but Cal has never hosted a Tournament for either of them.

Which reminds me that Halo 3 is coming to PC this fall.

Raw!
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah, Jak, I was average, but now I got a lot better, and I keep improving by the day and all.. Trunks thanks for the tourney link, I'll check it out..