PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space

Trunks
02-22-2009, 06:28 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212/elf9752/851818-dead_space_cover_large.jpg
Dead Space was released on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on October 14, 2008. It was then later released for the PC on October 20 of 2008. Dead Space falls under two genres. Third Person Shooter and Survival Horror. It was developed by EA and used the God Father game engine.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212/elf9752/esdeado0004_2.jpg

First of all, I'm surprised that this game was made by EA. It's not often that they develop a great Shooter, let alone a TPS which in my opinion are the hardest to make.

You start the game as playing the role of Isaac Clarke who's going to a mining compound to make repairs on the space station. When you arrive you find out that all communications are out and your ship is damaged from the crash. The creatures you will be fighting shortly after you enter the compound are called “Necromorphs”. They are disgusting creatures that have claws, multiple limbs and have the ability to reanimate dead bodies. The best way to kill these are to shoot off there limbs, I preferably start at there legs. There are many different versions of Necromorphs, some are stronger than others, but shooting there limbs is the best method of killing all of them.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212/elf9752/dead-space.jpg

I have the game for the Xbox 360 and the graphics are pretty amazing on it. I'm going to assume that it looks better on the PC and PS3. Either way, they defiantly spent plenty time on details of every aspects of the game. Something that appealed to me the most was the sounds, they were even better than the graphics! The noises that the creatures make are astonishing and one of a kind from any other game.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212/elf9752/deadspacerev2_thumb.jpg

The story was also great, one of the writers are Warren Ellis. He wrote many comic books and it a great Sci Fi writer. It's very hard to predict unlike most shooters that follow a story. There are no cut scenes in the game though, which is something that I'm not very happy about. Cut scenes give you a break while watching a nice movie in between chapters or levels. I always look forward to them when I play, but in Dead Space they just talk while you are playing which I find annoying, because I'm trying to concentrate on the game.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212/elf9752/deadspace6.jpg

They have a few mini games within the game. One of them is Zero Gravity Basketball, which is pretty fun. You use telekineses to move a ball into 4 different holes. There is also a Shooter Gallery, you just shoot the targets as they pop up. If you complete all the levels in both mini games you get prizes, such as weapons or ammo. One last thing I would like to comment about is the Third Person View. It's the first TPS game that I have played where I felt comfortable with the camera angle. I never really had to fool around with the camera to see what I was doing. One of the best TPS games that I have ever played.

Graphics – 9.5/10
The Graphics are awesome, everything is detailed very well.

Game Play – 9/10
The game play is very unique, but yet very accessible after a few minutes of playing.

Life Span - 9/10
I've beat the game almost 3 times already, trying to get achievements and I'm still not bored of the game.

Story Line - 9.5/0
The story is very well written, they give you clues to what happened to the ship before you got there, so it's almost like watching a movie.

Overall - 9/10
defiantly a game to get if your into Horror or Shooter games. EA did a great job on everything one of there best games by far.

LemonRising
02-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Gotta agree with your review.
Just played for a little bit, but definitely fun! I mean.. you get to hack off limbs, how awesome is that? D:

GrandMoff
03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
It really does look like a brilliant game. I only played the demo, and was first initially disappointed when I died suddenly after opening a door, until I realized it was a "Demo Version."

Friends have told me that the game is frightening if you play it alone in the dark, and with the brightness as low as humanly possible yet able to see what is going on. I would have to agree with them. Although I am not frightened by "scary" video games, this game does a good job in creating a fear factor in a sci-fi FPS, which I applaud.

I might not buy it, only because one of my house mates already has it, but if that were not the case, Dead Space would be the first "Horror Game" I would own.

Drake14
03-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I played it for a bit on my friends PS3. It was definitely a great game! I wasn't as freaked out as i thought i'd be but i didn't get all that far and i wasn't playing in the pitch dark and midnight haha i'm sure having the proper effects in the room would have increased the fear factor of the game haha

Great game though!

Knibbler
03-14-2009, 03:07 PM
I really didn't enjoy the Demo, mainly because I keep being torn apart.. but after reading your review I might just give the full game a go

XXXBurningStarIV
03-15-2009, 02:27 AM
I just seen the movie about two days ago.
It was fun watching it.
I wish they had a Guardian in it though. =/
Or a Weezer.
They were cool.
I liked seeing the enemies from the game as anime. =O
<3 Infectors

Exylis
04-02-2009, 05:49 AM
I really didn't enjoy the Demo, mainly because I keep being torn apart.. but after reading your review I might just give the full game a go

You ought to. Though you will find some frustrating parts in the game, it is worth the play. Has a nice twist at the end...I will not spoil it, though.

Another 'solid' game in my book. And I'm not a big fan of shooters. So you know it's gotta be good.

otis
04-09-2009, 01:27 AM
This game hit my top 5 xbox 360 games. Something tells me it's going to stay there for a while.

Sd Mucking
04-10-2009, 02:33 AM
looks cool...i need to chek it out

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
I' not a big fan of horror games so im probley not going to buy this or even play it. But I heard some wee that there is an undead baby. Is this true?

Trunks
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
ummm, not that I remember. Don't remember any baby's in the game at all.

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Ok,I was just reading this "List of Scariest Game Characters" and under one of the captions lists children, andit gave examples, one of which was dea baby, fr dead space. I might hve misread it though.

Mr. Spriinkles
06-26-2009, 05:23 AM
First of all, I loved the game. Working on beating it on Impossible right now. Worth buying if you like Horror, Sci-Fi, or Third Person Shooters.
And yes, there is an enemy in Dead Space that is a baby with 3 tentacles shooting out of it's back. Wouldn't say it was really scary, just annoying.

Krahu
09-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I have bought Dead Space back in February, and I have to say.. The atmosphere is intense. The Vaccum fights are awesome, with the sound being almost completly muted. So my advice is. Play it stricktly at night for the full effect ;]

Street_Soldier69
09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
i dont like scaring games, i like the horror/action like F.E.A.R. 2 with you have like badass gins and stuff, i like dead space but the color is to dark for my likingz.

EpsilonX
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
this seems just like my game....a sci fi horror on an abandoned space ship...but for some reason i really don't like it anymore. first 2 chapters were cool but now it just seems like idk...isaac's purpose in life is getting torn apart and the game is a total bloodbath. i don't really like gore much.

Aizen
10-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Nice review :D This game is one of the only games that if I play alone, I will freak out.

It was a blast.

JuveThaGreat
10-08-2009, 01:19 AM
ehh im too much into horror things but i saw gameplay n if i was into this kinda stuff, id definietly buy it.

Aizen
10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
This game may change your mind about horror games. It is amazing!

Street_Soldier69
10-10-2009, 08:27 PM
This game may change your mind about horror games. It is amazing!

I played the demo, I was fun till I got my head ripped off

Gamerguy
11-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Pretty sick review.

youthism_is_me
11-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Dead Space is cool but why destroy it by putting it on the Wii

youthism_is_me
01-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Now I may be way off but when I played Dead Space and beat it on the PS3 I felt Like I was playing Silent Hill In Space which by no means is bad its great in every aspect