PDA

View Full Version : Rate Me New SIGGG

XXXBurningStarIV
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM
I made it in like thirty minutes and I'm not sure about the font. I love it, but it didn't come out how I expected it to. Any suggestions?

Joshuah
02-28-2009, 04:31 AM
-.-' next time don't save as .jpeg lol save as .png and I don't exactly like the effects where the text is, it makes it look ugly aswell as those arrows and that music note, i'd give it a 5/10 try blend a lil more :)

XXXBurningStarIV
02-28-2009, 04:45 AM
It kinda reminds me of the older computers. Lol. And The music note was added because it was so PLAIN. Lol. And why png?

Knibbler
02-28-2009, 05:04 AM
I agree with Joshuah on this.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/knibbler1987/jpg_vs_png2.png

JPEG is something which is used by everyone these days, but PNG should be used for Webcomics, Graphs, Logos. If there is any Text involved in your image then also its better to you PNG. If you are someone who always think like the guy on right hand site in the Pic then it's the time you do some thinkover

XXXBurningStarIV
02-28-2009, 05:37 AM
This is true, but you can not edit a PNG on Photoshop.

LiNuX
02-28-2009, 09:21 AM
you can't edit a jpeg in photoshop either, not the roots of it, just the psd files because that contains the layers. I trhink your sig would have looked betterw ithout the band's name, song name, and the lyrics, your name is fine, the bottom left "yellowcard" is also good. The other texts just blurs up.

keep working though, You'll get better soon enough. I'm still horrible with texts after all these years lol.

Exodyus
02-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Technically, you're both wrong.

You obviously can 'edit' any images in Photoshop, because that's what the tool is used for. Lol.

Now, what you CANT do - is edit the layers once you've saved the entire thing as a JPEG or PNG. Because it takes the image you've worked on and condenses it into a little box; JPEGs are small files - but pack like a 10 year old. PNGs pack files like the Military, neat, tight, orderly.

IE - ALWAYS save stuff as .psd original!

Now - the sig needs a little bit of work. The text, if meant to give off the fuzzy image feeling is alright, but it's bad quality and bright right-bottom corner makes the font nearly unreadable.
Pretty much the entire composition of the image is conflicting. The squares in the background, the randomly centered music note, your name, the text choice, and the blurred effect.
While it would all work well together if it was remastered, currently - it's unrefined chaos. ;D

KittyCat72
02-28-2009, 10:26 AM
It's different, that's for sure. I would have to say all of the above as for my comment. Also, if you were to do very little changes, I would recommend making the music not smaller... it just seems like too much.

LiNuX
02-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Technically, you're both wrong.

You obviously can 'edit' any images in Photoshop, because that's what the tool is used for. Lol.

Now, what you CANT do - is edit the layers once you've saved the entire thing as a JPEG or PNG. Because it takes the image you've worked on and condenses it into a little box; JPEGs are small files - but pack like a 10 year old. PNGs pack files like the Military, neat, tight, orderly.

that's what I meant...you and your technicalities. I just didn't use the right wording lol.

Exodyus
02-28-2009, 10:36 AM
This is true, but you can not edit a PNG on Photoshop.

you can't edit a jpeg in photoshop either, not the roots of it, just the psd files because that contains the layers. I trhink your sig would have looked betterw ithout the band's name, song name, and the lyrics, your name is fine, the bottom left "yellowcard" is also good. The other texts just blurs up.

keep working though, You'll get better soon enough. I'm still horrible with texts after all these years lol.

that's what I meant...you and your technicalities. I just didn't use the right wording lol.

Lol. I'm all about the technicalities.

Jif's the name,
Attention to Detail is the game!

XXXBurningStarIV
03-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Ha ha. I was very upset with the font a the end. It's supposed to be layered. But it looks blurry. It has a different kinda look to it. Kinda original. So I kinda like it. I just wish I could change the font without doing the whole thing over again.

Then again, it wouldn't be too hard since I know exactly what to do. =P

GrandMoff
03-01-2009, 01:22 AM
I cannot put my finger on it, but there is something about it that I do not like. Maybe it is that it seems "crowded."