PDA

View Full Version : Changes of Earning Points

LiNuX
04-01-2007, 08:52 PM
There have been some changes to how you get points in this forum. Instead of a fixed amount of Points per post, example, 4 GFP per topics and 2 GFP per post. You will now get 1 GFP per topic opened and 0.50 GFP per post you make. Keep reading to find out how this can benefit you.

Now you can actually earn more points based on the amount of characters you use per post.

For each topic you open, you cannot get less than 1 GFP and you will get an extra 0.02 GFP per Character your post has.

For each post you make, you cannot earn less than 0.50 GFP and earn an extra 0.02 GFP per character your post has.

Ex. If you open a new topic and your post has 100 Characters. Thats 4 GFP, 1 GFP for topic and 0.03 x 100 = 3.00 GFP for the post.

This is occuring because we no longer have the minimum characters per post mod enabled. That was to protect that we get good posts for the amount you write. This will make sure that you get the amount of GFP you deserve to get based on your post length. So the more you post the more points you get.

Here is another limit, you CANNOT get more than 5 GFP per post. But look at the bright side, you can get 1 GFP more per post and 3 GFP per post you make. This is to make sure you dont keep on posting and just repeating one thing so many times.

So make your posts count and worth reading and you will be awarded the amount of points you deserve.

Note that these numbers can change depending on how well they work.

Go on and post and earn points.

Here is a breakdown:
GFP Per Topic: 1 GFP
GFP Per Post: 0.50 GFP
GFP Per Character: 0.03 (add on with the above two numbers)

Please know that a Post and a Topic are two different things.

Good luck!

Thanks!

LiNuX

Drake14
04-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Awesome idea! I have it like that at my music forum and it works really well ;D

LiNuX
04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
yup, you use phpbb, point system there is much easier to manage and handle here we had to wait for the update lol

jasonbay
04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Great idea on rewarding people that take the time to write huge posts.

LiNuX
04-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Great idea on rewarding people that take the time to write huge posts.

that was the plan, i might actually increase the maximum u can get per post, but i'll have to see how everything else works out, how well the others are posting cuz its its a long BS post, no point in making it higher.

KittyCat72
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Now maybe people will actually take the time to make their posts count.

candylove15
04-05-2007, 07:45 AM
hi im new! i like you point system =p i hope i get lots of points lol =)

wifi
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
woot, i like this one, now i can post more and make more points and get that domain maybe for no reason haha :P good job, probably stop the spams lol

KittyCat72
04-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Luckily, there is a place for spam now (Spammers Corner). That way people don't have to give up what they apparently love to do, he he.

wifi
04-06-2007, 12:18 PM
lol i dont post there because you dont get your post count highered or your point to grow, and im an addict of these two haha :P

souljaa
04-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Lol, good to hear you got it working Linux :).

crazay
04-06-2007, 11:00 PM
wow i like this part of the point earnings :) looks great, now the people that put thought into their posts will make more points than those that just comment to comment lol :) like me ;D