PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Saving - Gameboy Color

LuckyStrike
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
So I found my gameboy color and pokemon silver and thought I'd give it a go for old times sake since I used to love playing it and after about 3 hours of gameplay I save the game and it comes up that It has saved successfully, everything's normal, but when I turn it back on my save has completely gone.

What's even worse is I started another game and just after talking to prof. Elm I saved, switched it off and back on again to see if the save was there and it was so I continued playing thinking it would be fine this time around but after playing for another few hours getting back up to where I was I saved again and when I came back to it just now it has disappeared again.

Anyone know what's going on ? Only thing I can think of is my gameboy has just had its time and it's done now lol.

LiNuX
03-03-2009, 05:24 PM
gameboy doesn't save the games in its system, the games themselves have a spot for saved games within the cartridge. it's the game that's messed up, not the handheld.

LuckyStrike
03-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh, I didn't know that (obviously lol). Well at least I don't have to invest in a new handheld, although it would've been my excuse to get myself a ds lol. cheers linux !

youthism_is_me
11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
are guys saying you didnt know that inside of the gameboy color games of pokemon their was a battery this battery was used to keep time in the game so the clock was always right but they wired with the game to hold save data so when it dies you data is gone or so ive been told:laugh: