PDA

View Full Version : Check out my band

Drake14
03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Everyone should check out my band!

I'm the vocalist for a death metal band. We're called Leyawiin. Yes, like Oblivion. It was my guitar players idea haha. Anyways check us out :)

Leyawiin on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
(http://www.myspace.com/leyawiin214)

Just so you know...the recordings aren't great. and we're much better live than we are in the recordings haha.

KittyCat72
03-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I was about to listen to it until I saw it was death metal. I'm not really into that... but I'll try listening to it anyways sometime when I'm not tired. I don't want a headache right before I do my homework. :-P

Drake14
03-16-2009, 09:09 PM
hahahahahah alright then :) Well take a listen whenever :) It's all good and tell your friends :)

LiNuX
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
lol nice stuff. nice screaming too :D my voice would run away to canada if i screamed like that, I'm better off sticking to drums

best of luck to the band :D

Exodyus
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
It's not so bad. Some of the timing is off in a few areas where the drums and the guitars conflict - you need to find a way to smooth out your transitions.

I think with a full year or two of being a full band under the belt - you guys will tie in nicely together. I used to do sound for a few friends and my ex- was in a band called Lacora Antra.

Riku-Nara
03-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Your so prutty Drake.
Your hair is magical.

Jaykub
03-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Your so prutty Drake.
Your hair is magical.

why don't you ask him if he is single first riku.

sounds pretty good dude.

Drake14
03-17-2009, 05:14 AM
haha thanks everyone!

as for the timing. Our drummer is doing really complicated stuff and these recordings were done pretty quickly in a matter of hours. Nothing too special.

and sadly Riku i am single. Although i'm glad you enjoy my hair so much :D haha

LiNuX
03-17-2009, 07:08 AM
sometimes simple drumming is the best way to go - the job of the drums is to keep things at a constant for the other people with the occasional boom and bam and blahm or whatever lol. still good, I didn't hear much of the drums though, mostly the guitars in there. could be my ears...

KittyCat72
03-17-2009, 04:56 PM
I listened to a little... as far as metal goes, it sounds ok to me. My brother's band is much better though. :-P

EpsilonX
03-17-2009, 05:20 PM
that is the least death metal sounding death metal i've ever heard

you sound more like slowed down slam death..core. like waking the cadaver on sedatives.

you guys need to listen to some more Nile, Cryptopsy, Morbid Angel, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Necrophagist....that should do the trick

Samus-Fan
03-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Mm, I thought it was alright, nothing horrible.
No idea how ya do the screaming that long...If I screamed like that, I'd be done after 2, lol.
Nice job on the music, keep it up!
Better than anything I can do, I'm not musical in the least, lol.

Drake14
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
that is the least death metal sounding death metal i've ever heard

you sound more like slowed down slam death..core. like waking the cadaver on sedatives.

you guys need to listen to some more Nile, Cryptopsy, Morbid Angel, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Necrophagist....that should do the trick

hahahahah those are our major influences, we have heavy metal death songs they just aren't on the myspace.

my guitar player and i listened to Nile on the way to college this morning actually!

And like i said. these are rough recordings. we are MUCH better live than we are in the recordings. Those were just something to toss up so people have something to listen too. We're working on looking for gigs right now so we get our name out.

EpsilonX
03-18-2009, 10:32 AM
hahahahah those are our major influences, we have heavy metal death songs they just aren't on the myspace.

my guitar player and i listened to Nile on the way to college this morning actually!

And like i said. these are rough recordings. we are MUCH better live than we are in the recordings. Those were just something to toss up so people have something to listen too. We're working on looking for gigs right now so we get our name out.

oh word haha.

well i didn't much like those songs, it sounded like waking the cadaver or something. i'd like to hear the rest of your stuff though.

over summer me and my friends are gonna make a band, its gonna be a mix of post-hardcore and death metal....should be interesting

Drake14
03-18-2009, 10:44 AM
We do stuff from Cannibal Corpse to Opeth.

I'd like to hear what your band will sound like.

EpsilonX
03-19-2009, 12:23 PM
I'd like to hear what your band will sound like.

yea, me too.

it'll probably end up being like trivium and bullet for my valentine with insane growling and blast beats.

Drake14
03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Blast beats are good. Our drummer is quite good at them.

And growling is the ****. I can do low growls a mid scream and a high scream. Next i'm gunna work on inhales

EpsilonX
03-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Blast beats are good. Our drummer is quite good at them.

And growling is the ****. I can do low growls a mid scream and a high scream. Next i'm gunna work on inhales

Don't bother with inhales unless you're gonna do pig squeals. Inhales are much weaker sounding and are a lot more damaging to your voice. And most metalheads make fun of people who pig squeal/inhale at all. Actually, pig squeals can be done exhaled too. lol

I can do those really high pitched crazy screams that lord worm does, and some hardcore screams like something you'd hear in a norma jean song. I'm bad at death metal vocals though haha.

but yeah, inhales = bad

Drake14
03-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm still gunna work on it. It would be nice to be able to do all types of screams.

People make fun of people who ONLY do inhales. obviously i would change it up in the songs.

EpsilonX
03-21-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm still gunna work on it. It would be nice to be able to do all types of screams.

People make fun of people who ONLY do inhales. obviously i would change it up in the songs.

inhales don't require work. they're so easy

Drake14
03-22-2009, 09:40 AM
inhales don't require work. they're so easy

not at first. They're pretty hard to learn.

But it shouldn't be too bad i've been doing exhales for about 4 years now

EpsilonX
03-22-2009, 03:22 PM
not at first. They're pretty hard to learn.

But it shouldn't be too bad i've been doing exhales for about 4 years now

well it's like. one of those things once you figure out how to do it, there's no effort.