PDA

View Full Version : Some Maintenance Thursday March 19th 2009 (changed)

LiNuX
03-16-2009, 11:22 PM
There is some scheduled maintenance for later today (technically today for me) (march 17, 2009) - The downtime expected is minimal, the forum will just go into maintenance, no server downtime or anything.

No specific time has been set for the maintenance. I will not be doing anything, our current datacenter has to mess with the server for a while and I was notified in advance. Nothing will be lost/misplaced.

Questions? Concerns? Ask here, I'm sure I won't be able to get back to you soon...but I will try.

~LiNuX

Exodyus
03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
It's a well needed rest for the server. About time, too.

-pets the server- Shhh... sleep...

LiNuX
03-17-2009, 12:47 PM
the maintenance is now moved to thursday most likely, definitely will not happen today - spoke to my current datacenter about it earlier

Blackleo
03-17-2009, 02:33 PM
No go on the big plans then !?

LiNuX
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
yes go on the big plans, we are just taking a little detour.

Exodyus
03-17-2009, 10:11 PM
yes go on the big plans, we are just taking a little detour.

A detour around Wednesday? lol.

Riku-Nara
03-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Can i be in charge while this goes down?

LiNuX
03-17-2009, 10:47 PM

sure, You'll be a temp mod while everything is in maintenance, just remind me by pm once it goes down.

LiNuX
03-19-2009, 01:06 AM
The forum should be back to normal now, some people may face an error page as the dns propagates.

No that wasn't the big server move, that one is still to come and that one will have less downtime, this thing was just something our current datacenter wanted to do to torture us before we moved out.

Exodyus
03-19-2009, 10:06 AM

sure, You'll be a temp mod while everything is in maintenance, just remind me by pm once it goes down.

LOLOLOL!

It's MUCH faster. Tell those boys, good job on the server work.

LiNuX
03-19-2009, 10:16 AM
LOLOLOL!

It's MUCH faster. Tell those boys, good job on the server work.

it is faster and it will get even better once we move onto the new server lol. that should happen in the next few days

oh and the DB connections weren't fixed, so even if this is faster, when people start coming on again, the DB errors will continue if too many people are on .

Blackbird
03-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Well Linux I don't see any different between the last one, it's like it was before when is was normal running.

LiNuX
03-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Well Linux I don't see any different between the last one, it's like it was before when is was normal running.

yea i know, but the current host wanted "upgrades" - I had no say in it, but the new server will make things much more different