PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for hacking/cracking mmo game

neo-claw
03-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Just to make it clear: this is not a thread about real hacking/cracking, it's all fictive in a game!

I'm currently working on a browser based mmo hacking simulation game, but I need your help... What functions would you like to see in such a game? any special requests, or crazy ideas?

Exodyus
03-23-2009, 07:20 PM
I would like to see a realistic explanation of your idiocy other than starting a forum thread with illegal usages and a dump idea for hacking something as pathetic as RuneScape.

Rofl.

Lock this thread. It will only lead to epic fail.

LemonRising
03-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Pretty sure neo meant that he was making a game.. about hacking, not about hacking games.

Either neo made an edit (which the post says he didn't) or Exo needs to read >: U

Silly Eyes.

Personally I'd like to see a "hack the fbi" level <:

Drake14
03-24-2009, 04:51 AM
There's a game similar to that.

http://www.slavehack.com

neo-claw
03-24-2009, 06:33 AM
easy now... this post is not intended to be illegal, and I wasn't talking about hacking in games like cheating.
I was talking about developing a hacking/cracking game, where you have to complete missions, buy new software and hardware and such ;)

Jaykub
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I would like to see a realistic explanation of your idiocy other than starting a forum thread with illegal usages and a dump idea for hacking something as pathetic as RuneScape.

Rofl.

Lock this thread. It will only lead to epic fail.

Dude! GTFO.
This is a gaming forum where he is trying to make a game.
We help people like this. Because we are gamers.

Talk about Idiocy you can't even read
Not Hacking My Friend!!!

Knibbler
03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Easy there Jacob...
Now I understand where you're coming from but I had the same thoughts as Ex did when I read the title... Maybe if neo had thought about the wording in the title.. that comment wouldn't have come up.

As for ideas... just make it work, I have yet to play a hackers game that has worked

Jaykub
03-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Easy there Jacob...
Now I understand where you're coming from but I had the same thoughts as Ex did when I read the title... Maybe if neo had thought about the wording in the title.. that comment wouldn't have come up.

As for ideas... just make it work, I have yet to play a hackers game that has worked

Yes I know that was a little much but I am sick of him taking over threads when he has no idea what there about.

GL with your game man. Just ignore our hate :-P

neo-claw
03-24-2009, 03:02 PM
hehe okay ^^ I'm working very hard on getting it all together in the game, but I feel I'm really making progress now :) if you want to see it, or want more info just pm me.

Exodyus
03-24-2009, 06:01 PM
I understand what the thread is meant for now, but I still don't see a point at all.
And thanks, Knibs. I learn just to ignore him. ;)

Neo - I'm don't honestly even know why anyone would make a game about hacking. It doesn't make any sense to me, other than it's an attempted 'learning' tool for those who are interested, but still - I think you have to have a lot of time on your hands to try it.

If you need some beta testers, I'll give you an honest opinion - as you've seen already. Lol.

PM me the link if you want and I'll post it for you, since you need 10 posts to get it up there. That or just make 6 random comments to be able to. Lol.

neo-claw
03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Why make a FPS game where you have to kill people, if you don't want to kill people in real life? :P
What I'm trying to say is that it's not meant to be a learning game, but a game for people to play and have fun with.

Exodyus
03-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Hnm. Depends on what the storyline is, then.

If you're the kid inside the van that has all the tech gear, much like Live Free or Die Hard - then it would be interesting to be able to be the computer tech that hacks everything for the team.

Hackers (the movie) meets Live Free or Die Hard meets The Italian Job.

Lolol.

And if it was legal to kill people in real life - you bet your ass I'd be the first one in line for that b'tch who cut me off in traffic today... lolol.

jcowns
03-26-2009, 01:40 AM
you know what should be in your game?
some programming included that will actually teach the players something aswell.
or like some basic CMD codes?

neo-claw
03-26-2009, 07:23 AM
hmm.. good idea, maybe I should make a terminal with commands. That wouldn't be too hard in javascript :)

jcowns
03-27-2009, 08:06 PM
hmm.. good idea, maybe I should make a terminal with commands. That wouldn't be too hard in javascript :)

awesome :]
tell me when your done with the game i wna try it
goodluck

GrandMoff
03-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I am lost.:eek1: