PDA

View Full Version : AOM?

Beanie
04-05-2007, 04:18 PM
AOM = Age of Mythology

Did anyone ever play this? or still plays it?

I use to be hooked on it until I let a mate barrow it and then never saw it again, always liked being the greeks, they just seemed more appealing for their unit types...

LiNuX
04-05-2007, 04:48 PM
i dont have it but i did play it, it was great, people kept saying it was age of empires 3 with a different name lol, now i can rub it in their faces with aoe III that came out lol, it was great, great graphics, i wasnt really hooked into this as much as AOE but it was good :) good times.

Beanie
04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
I remember when I use to hang out at another forum, think it was called CenterPub. Had a really good mate on there, everyday we'd hook up, 19:00 gmt. Have a few rounds, he was fairly new to it so he was trying to learn some tactics.

He asked me, if there's something you think that will win you the game, what is it?

I told him "Build, that's it lol"

He didn't quite believe me until he did it, just by having so many buildings, it just gave your enemy so much hell and time consumption, you could then focus on one area and move in for the kill while they kept attacking you and never making any real ground against you lol

Good days, 3-4hr sessions every night, those were the days :)

wifi
04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
i've played it before, also on friend's computer, never had it, it had some awesome gameplay, played for a few hours total probably :P not really that addicting for me

Beanie
04-06-2007, 12:42 PM
You see this is probably why I was hooked on it, I never played AOE so if this was fairly similar then that's probably why I got hooked on AOM rather than AOE. I think I've remembered who has it so I'm gonna ring them up and find out lol

LiNuX
04-06-2007, 09:04 PM
yea thats probably why i wasnt so hooked on it lol, i played aoe before aom, weird