PDA

View Full Version : NFS: Undercover

Jjjet1
03-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Now I don't know about you, but I thought that this game would be pretty good because you are an undercover cop posing as a newbie racer I guess. But the you enter the racing world and it all is very confusing. It literally does not make sense unless you have played other NFS game. It tells you little about the shop or anything. All that you really do is just race and well, race. The story line is so confusing to me that all that I ended up doing was sitting through the few cutscenes that would not let me skip and try not to pull my hair out. But now I did not play Prostreet or Carbon because I heard very bad reviews on those game. So I do not know if these are new or not but there are some new racing events such as highway battles where you have to try to beat someone by being ahead of them by 1000 feet or for one minutes. I really hate this because the first two times I played it the car always had a head start and never crashed into it and there was no way I could get my starter stock car to even get close to the other car. But what ever. This game was weird. I'll only finish it due the the Gamerpoints. That's all.

Exodyus
03-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Rule Number 1: Never take someone else's advice - seriously, about any game. As a gamer, you should be willing to play any game, knowing what the critics and reviews say, because there's always a possibility you might like what someone else doesn't.
Understand their advice and why they say it, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't play the game and experience it for yourself. Maybe you'll have a different understanding or reasoning behind the game.

Jjjet1
03-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah But these people like EXACTLY what I like so yeah. :\ We hate the same games and we love the same ones too. So yeah it's kind of a no brainer for me. plus. Sinces prostreet is now on the twenty dollar rack, I may end up getting it you never know.

GrandMoff
03-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I will tell you that I own this game, yet have never played any other NFS game. I disagree that the game is confusing, maybe at first. Simply, you are an undercover cop trying to gain respect in racing game and working for this female police detective. Turns out she simply wanted you to get closer to this car that has in it millions of dollars.

Jjjet1
03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah, but I had my girlfriend play it and she was all WTF with the game. She didn't understand much. It could be due to the fact she's not a avid gamer but she does play some games.

Dr.Arsch
04-08-2009, 04:39 AM
too much arcade in my opinion

Ada
04-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't get how the game is confusing....I have it and the only other NFS game I have played before was Most Wanted. I pretty much understood the concept of the story.....

I like the highway battles. It's a challenge. I had to do it a few times to win but it's not hard when you know how to drive well. The bigger problem is the traffic.

Flab-Ender
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
When I first got it I was confused to, but after a while I got used to it. Just keep playing it and you should be able to figure it out. I liked it after I got the concept of it. If you want a simpler racing game, I would recomend Burnout Paradise.

otis
04-10-2009, 02:27 PM
they still make NFS?! wow.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
they still make NFS?! wow.

you just come from under the cave? NFS is one of EA's annual milk franchises.

otis
04-10-2009, 04:40 PM
At the cave i'm in no one plays much less buy NFS games. We just throw our own poo.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm in that cave to but I'm well aware of NFS cave as I'm hoping they can get it back and track

Flab-Ender
04-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm in that cave to but I'm well aware of NFS cave as I'm hoping they can get it back and track

What, you didn't like Undercover?

jakncoke
04-11-2009, 01:25 AM
I didn't even try it because it looked retarded and failish and it got terrible reviews confirming it's failure

Flab-Ender
04-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Well I thought it was pretty good, but whatever. It may be a little confusing at first, but after you get used to it, it gets pretty fun.

Jjjet1
04-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Well I thought it was pretty good, but whatever. after you get used to it, it gets pretty fun.

That is very true. I started to play it little by little and it is actually a little fun. Except when I and destroy the regular races but when I play the master race I am the one being destroyed.

Flab-Ender
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
That is very true. I started to play it little by little and it is actually a little fun. Except when I and destroy the regular races but when I play the master race I am the one being destroyed.

I've beaten mist of the challenges, theres just one master race I can't do. It's the one thats located in the city. It's set in close streets and a lot of traffic.

Groar
04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Ehh i hope new NFS will be better than last :S

Jjjet1
04-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I've beaten mist of the challenges, theres just one master race I can't do. It's the one thats located in the city. It's set in close streets and a lot of traffic.

That's like half of the master races in the city with a lot of traffic X.x

Flab-Ender
04-15-2009, 03:21 PM
That's like half of the master races in the city with a lot of traffic X.x

Well, which ever one it is, it was hard. Another thing I like about this game is the XBL. It's really fun and simple.

Jjjet1
04-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't have Live... :\ I had Live when the 360's first came out and all the people were fun to play with because they were the ones who loved gaming so much they got one of the first 360s. I played Most Wanted on Live and it was pretty fun. But now when ever I go on Live, it is flooded with those little snot-nosed bratty kids that are so annoying you want to go in a ball and scream.

Flab-Ender
04-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't have Live... :\ I had Live when the 360's first came out and all the people were fun to play with because they were the ones who loved gaming so much they got one of the first 360s. I played Most Wanted on Live and it was pretty fun. But now when ever I go on Live, it is flooded with those little snot-nosed bratty kids that are so annoying you want to go in a ball and scream.

Last time I was online on Undercover, I met these really funny guys. It was actually a lot of fun.

omgodzilla10
04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Mmmm... How many NFS games are there?

Flab-Ender
04-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Quite a few. I would have to say around 10, maybe less.

jakncoke
04-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Mmmm... How many NFS games are there?

Wiki lists 16, not counting the 3 versions coming this fall, hopefully they go to bi-annual soon, this annual NFS is ridiculous and even more when they can't get a competent game out

Flab-Ender
04-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Wow, how many games are they going to make? I mean are they even selling that well anymore?

jakncoke
04-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I think they sell moderately well still because of the casual gaming section buying on brand name alone

Jjjet1
04-20-2009, 11:10 AM
I think that we should just buy the games a year after they come out. We would save a good thirty to fourty dollars if you think about it.

jakncoke
04-20-2009, 01:03 PM
haha then the industry collapses and we twitch for 1 year waiting to get the games, I pass

Ada
04-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I think that we should just buy the games a year after they come out. We would save a good thirty to fourty dollars if you think about it.

Not necessarily. You could wait about a month and get it for half price used. I got MSG4 used (you get a guarantee incase it doesn't work but I buy a lot of used games and they don't even have a scratch on it) for $27 Canadian.

Jjjet1
04-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Well I'm one of those freaks that need to have their games unused.

Flab-Ender
04-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Ya, I hate buying used games. The last two I bought were both broken or scratched up to the point of no return.

jakncoke
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I only buy used games that aren't sold new anymore. You know what ****ing sucks though....Gamestop opening up new games and putting the disc behind the counter with the used games and still selling it for 60 bucks. I always think, b1tches this isn't really new because the plastic wrap is broken, I should get some discount after you nerd/losers(mostly who work at Gamestop from what I've noticed as I scanned a good 8-10 different version in my day) put your c0ckgrabbers all over my game

Jjjet1
04-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Well the Gamestop I go to has the games sealed right out on display. Same with the used. But I understand what you mean by paying sixty bucks for an already opened game. I'd be pissed too!

Flab-Ender
04-22-2009, 02:46 PM
That also means you can't return it, doesn't it?

jakncoke
04-22-2009, 03:49 PM
7 day grace period is always in effect iirc, i think it only doesn't go in effect when they are stock bloated and have the big sales of like buy 2 games and have the cheapest for free and such

projectnate
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
The only need for speed game i have played so far was NFS: 1 , NFS: Undergound and Most wanted..
I didn't know they were going to release a new one.

The story's similar to fast and the furious(movie) since according to you the story basically starts off as you being an undercover cop.
I just watched the NFS:Undercover preview, the movie clips are still the same and the graphics of the game had changed..
Is the game play okay?

thanks for the info by the way ^_^