PDA

View Full Version : Problems...

SpudBusterSAE
04-03-2009, 02:21 PM
This last Christmas, my little brother got an Xbox360. One of the games that he had to get was "Mercenaries 2:World in Flames" My little bro came up to me and asked me if I could fix the Xbox, When I went down to check it, his player had glitched out of the map and was continuously falling without hitting land. After a little investigation... I realized that this problem is getting worse, cant make it half way up the road without falling into a glitch.

Example: Say you are driving a car and you come around a bend and then realize that the roads, trees, buildings, grass and mountains have absolutely no detail. If you can stop in time, great, but if not, you fall of the edge of the map. But if you do get stopped in time, there will be no vehicles, no people to kill, no missions to complete, and its very frustrating when you are in the middle on a mission and this happens...

Anyways, Im just curious if there is anyway to combat this problem? Is it common with the game? Is it the Xbox? Is it the CD?

Any help will be great, Thanks.

LiNuX
04-03-2009, 02:24 PM
sounds like it's a cd issue, or xbox can't read it - have you contacted microsoft to see if they can help you?

and does this happen with only that game? or every game? if it's with just this game then it's the game itself, but if it's with every game, then it's the console.

SpudBusterSAE
04-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Correct, it is just with that game...anyway to repair the CD? Or is there a way to trade it in? Cause from what I know...my brother doesn't really know how to store a disc in its case, its normally on the carpeted floor...so would this be a scratch? Or just a gap in the disc?

memoryhunter
04-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Try washing it with water and then wipe it clean with a towel or something. Now examine the scratches on the cd, if there visible and big then the cd is probably the problem.

Trunks
04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
The best way to clean a CD that I have found out is use a banana. Take the part that you eat and just rub it on the disc. Then take a soft cloth and rub it in a bit, then rinse and your finished. Sounds really weird, but it actually works. I did it too a friends CoD 4 game, it use to freeze every time in curtain spots during campaign mode and it does it very rarely now.

Exodyus
04-05-2009, 11:38 PM
The best way to clean a CD that I have found out is use a banana. Take the part that you eat and just rub it on the disc. Then take a soft cloth and rub it in a bit, then rinse and your finished. Sounds really weird, but it actually works. I did it too a friends CoD 4 game, it use to freeze every time in curtain spots during campaign mode and it does it very rarely now.

You should actually use the inside of the peel, but both will work fine - one's just less messy.

The reasoning behind it is that the wax from the banana fills the micro scratches and 'heals' your disc.

BE HEALED!

Or it could be like Champions: Return to Arms and be a definite glitch in the game's software, causing the entire mapping character system to black out and you just have a polygon running around a patchy black world... Stuck infinitely if you go right back to that place you keep going to...

SpudBusterSAE
04-06-2009, 02:28 AM
Haha ok, guess I'll have to go grocery shopping then :p
Thanks for the help