PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious

Trunks
04-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Is anyone planning on watching this movie? I've wanted to see it for about a year now, all the original actors from the the first movie are going to be in it. I'm going tonight to watch is with some friends. I might write one a review on it tomorrow if I'm not doing anything. If anything I'll let you know if it's any good.

LiNuX
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
4th in the series, doubt I can watch it before the middle of may - end of term is coming up and I have all my term papers due along with finals

let us know how it is. I might have to wait for it to come out on dvd or something

Raw!
04-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Going to watch it tomorrow. Sounds like a sweet movie.

jakncoke
04-03-2009, 04:41 PM
after watching several vids about it, I think it's a guarantee it'll be better than Tokyo Drift, 60% chance likely to be better than 2 fast 2 furious and might even compete with 1 as my favorite, will be interesting to see what the plot is, i read it's suppose to be between 2 and 3

LiNuX
04-03-2009, 04:48 PM
after watching several vids about it, I think it's a guarantee it'll be better than Tokyo Drift, 60% chance likely to be better than 2 fast 2 furious and might even compete with 1 as my favorite, will be interesting to see what the plot is, i read it's suppose to be between 2 and 3

I didn't like tokyo drift that much - this one brings back all the old people so It's sure to be much better.

Knibbler
04-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm certainly waiting to see this one.
Vin Diesel and Paul Walker made a great team in the first film so I've got high hopes for this one.

Exodyus
04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I'll let you guys know tonight how it is.

F&F1 = Good
F&F2 = T3h Suk
F&F: TD = I liked a lot. I dig drifting and weight ratios though.

Exodyus
04-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Well - I'm back from the theaters...

I feel tingly. I feel like a mix of nitrous and adrenaline have been fuel injected directly into my central nervous system. Right foot feels a lot heavier and right hand twitches to shift... Faster.

The movie is excellent. Some insane surprises, sick-fast cars, and some beautiful chassis'. Vin is the usual bad-ass, and Paul is still a little bit of a b-tch, but he's growing up for us.

Mentionable cars - look for the Skyline, a noted GT-R, and the ever-sexy '09 Suburu WRX STI ... a car that's maybe a second faster than my pap's.

I'd give the movie a good 3.8/5.

Nearly a four. Excellent graphics. Intense races. Hot women.

And. Expect a sequel. ;) !!

LiNuX
04-04-2009, 12:23 AM
good to hear it was good, makes me want to see it more now but i still dont' have the time for it :(

and I'm already expecting another movie to come out within the next 2 years - probably will be titled "The Very fast and the extremely furious"

corny...but they work around those two words 'fast' and 'furious'

Exodyus
04-04-2009, 12:37 AM
good to hear it was good, makes me want to see it more now but i still dont' have the time for it :(

and I'm already expecting another movie to come out within the next 2 years - probably will be titled "The Very fast and the extremely furious"

corny...but they work around those two words 'fast' and 'furious'

They have to.

2 Fast 2 Furious didn't have Vin in it because it had numbers and he didn't want to make a movie with numbered sequels because he thought it was old and totally stupid.

Hence. F&F: Tokyo Drift & Fast and Furious.

Trunks
04-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I thought it was a great movie, there is a big twist near the beginning that I don't think anyone suspected to happen. It basically sets the plot for the whole movie. This one has a lot more action than the first one, which still remains my favorite. As Exodyus said, some very nice cars, defaintly moved up to my second favorite of the series.

Vividz
04-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I saw this last night as well. Id have to say that i was surprised how good it ended up being. I practically went to the movie with no hope at all because of the last F & F movie i saw (number 2). It started out very fast and caught my attention right away (though some parts seemed really unrealistic) and then kept me in the whole time. I would definitely recommend this movie and i think a good 4/5 is what i would give it. Did anyone else speed home after the move lol?

Raw!
04-06-2009, 06:47 AM
It was good.
But for a person like me, I felt it was a lot more talk, and less action.

But it was a good movie.

jakncoke
04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Weekend Box Office Results for April 35, 2009 (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/)

Did nearly 71 million, to put that perspective of how the others did

Tokyo Drift only did 62.5 million domestic total
2 Fast 2 Furious did 50.4 in it's opening weekend and 127.1 domestic
Fast and Furious did 40 million opening and 144.5 domestic

Worldwide totals

#1 Fast and Furious did 207.2
2 fast 2 furious did 236.1
Tokyo Drift 158.4

new one in it's opening weekend is at 101.4 already

So yeah more Fast and Furious in the future, going to see it tonight...yayzorz

This movie broke the record for biggest April weekend ever, Anger Mangement held with 42.2 million

LiNuX
04-06-2009, 04:49 PM
wow great numbers already...wish I could see it now. Might go and see some stuff next week during the break. They'll definitely make more in the future, they'll make them until people get bored of them which isn't very likely in the near future since people like speed.

Good job to the movie, definitely sounds like it deserved it.

jakncoke
04-06-2009, 05:04 PM
as long as they stay away from Tokyo Drift type FF's they'll continue making money

Exodyus
04-06-2009, 06:54 PM
as long as they stay away from Tokyo Drift type FF's they'll continue making money

Other than the poor acting, I liked the general ideal concept of Tokyo Drift. The cars were hot, Asians are hot, the stunts are beautiful. And the tie in between Tokyo Drift and Fast & Furious are excellent tie in cues.

All in all, 2F2F was BY FAR the worst.

jakncoke
04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Other than the poor acting, I liked the general ideal concept of Tokyo Drift. The cars were hot, Asians are hot, the stunts are beautiful. And the tie in between Tokyo Drift and Fast & Furious are excellent tie in cues.

All in all, 2F2F was BY FAR the worst.

I disagree, Tokyo Drift might have been fine if it didn't have FF name attached to it, but drift racing and FF are things you think of, man what a good movie the new one is it's too bad
Letty had to die so early. I really didn't care for the cliffhanger ending though. When Torreto slammed into Fenix there at the end I was happy and yelled out " **** you..take that you filthy POS", my family got embarrassed when everyone in theater looked at me as if I was strange, my new ranking....

#1- Fast and Furious
#2- Fast and Furious(the new one)
#3- 2 Fast 2 Furious
#4- Tokyo Drift(not a bad movie by any mean but mediocre imo and doesn't fit imo)

Here's to hoping they get the new FF out within 2 years!

Exodyus
04-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Since when was it forced to follow typical movie series guides?

Theme:

-Women
-Cars
-Little Romance
-Bad Ass guys
-Women
-Cars

In that order.

All 4 movies had the criteria. Regardless of shotty acting, settings, or actors. OF WHICH VIN WAS IN FF: TD and NOT IN 2F2F.

:P

jakncoke
04-07-2009, 10:13 AM
It doesn't have to do anything if they don't want but if they expect to get liked by me and others they better stay away, it's no shocker that Tokyo Drift made less than the first 2, people don't want that ****ty drifting

Djdoubt03
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Mentionable cars[/B] - look for the Skyline, a noted GT-R, and the ever-sexy '09 Suburu WRX STI

Dude the '09 WRX looks like a family car...EVO X all the way.

By the way thanks for the movie review.

Ada
04-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm definately going to see it. The original was the only one that was actually good (the third one was alright, the second one was horrible) so I'm guessing they learned from that and that's why they got the original crew back.

jakncoke
04-09-2009, 01:18 PM
It would be outstanding if this movie could reach top 100 all time in domestic, it's just over 100 million from entering the top 100, as of Tuesday numbers it was sitting at #549 all time with $80,710,520