PDA

View Full Version : Review Super Paper Mario

KittyCat72
04-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Super Paper Mario can be played on the Nintendo Wii. It is the third game in the Paper Mario series. The twist to this game is that you can play in 3D as well as 2D!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/KittyCat72_Fuzzy/Super_Paper_Mario_cover.jpg

The game's storyline differs greatly from the other Mario games; typically, your main goal is to save Princess Peach. However, in this game you must save all worlds from destruction! Bowser is no longer the antagonist, he actually joins your team. You can play as Bowser as well as Peach, Luigi, and of course, Mario.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/KittyCat72_Fuzzy/super-paper-mario-bowser-peach-wedd.jpg

If you have liked the previous Paper Mario games and you are thinking about buying this one, I say go for it! The game was definitely worthwhile... the end was really good (but a bit predictable to me).

Super Paper Mario introduces new enemies as well as the classics like the Goomba and Koopa. The bosses may look big, but they aren't too hard once you figure out how to beat them. I liked this game because it had a lot of variety. Usually, there were several different ways to take on each challenge.

To beat the game, you must learn when to use certain characters and flip to different dimensions to beat the chapters and collect the pure hearts. There are also unique creatures called pixls that you will gain to help you. The first of these that you will meet is Tippi, the colorful butterfly; she is the partner who tell you about things around you, etc. She reminded me of the fairies from The Legend of Zelda series. :-P

The game take you to many extremes, including outer space and the underwhere, and has many side quests to keep you busy (some of which I probably haven't found yet) such as the secret arcade and the pit of 100 trials. The extras are pretty cool too... if you look in the right places you can find extra pixls and items not necessary to beat the game but still very useful. Ex. If you get a card of an enemy, you will be stronger against it. You can usually get multiples of any one card if you want.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/KittyCat72_Fuzzy/012.png

Super Paper Mario constantly has a score at the top. You can get points by defeating enemies, getting mushrooms, etc. Your score is important because it will determine when you level up, which in turn, will determine your HP and how much your attack hurts. Pause to view the amount of points that you will next level up at.

Rating time!

Graphics: 8.5/10
It's not perfect, but it looks good enough to me. I think the graphics fit perfectly for the 2D side; the 3D side looks ok too, but sometime the angles you are at makes it look strange, etc.

Game play: 8.7/10
This game has a lot of different options for your play (characters, pixls, items) but isn't too loose so you still have to try to think when you get to certain parts. It is important to pay attention to detail or you might miss something.

Storyline: 9/10
The storyline fit together well and wasn't disappointing at all. The ending, although a little sad, was great! I loved the little plot change they added to the end. Once you thought you beat the game, you had another thing coming!

Overall: About 8.7/10... maybe a little higher.
The game was awesome and totally worth the money. It lasts a while, even if you try to zoom through it. (Took me about 15 hours just for that I think.) But no worries, if you want to play longer you can do the extras or go back through all of your old quests.

KittyCat72

Flab-Ender
04-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I've played this game before, and i'd have to say it's much better than the previous games. Though i'm probley not going to buy it, it was still a great game.

LiNuX
04-11-2009, 09:38 PM
great review - I've never played it though - the only mario game I played on the wii was mario kart but this one sounds interesting.

Some games are fun playing in just 2D :D

Iceskater101
05-08-2009, 10:41 PM
fun nice review
I wish I had a wii