PDA

View Full Version : DSi

Flab-Ender
04-12-2009, 09:59 AM
The new DS is set to be released soon. It is supposed to have a camera, two touch screens, no GBA slot, and other new things the original and lite did not have. I personally think that they should stop with the DS but it was a good money maker so why not. What do you guys think?

Samus-Fan
04-12-2009, 10:11 AM
It came out on Tuesday (?) I believe.

It doesn't have two touch screens, but it has...

-Larger screens (I think by .5 in. or something...)
-Web Browser
-2 0.3 (Yes, 0.3) Megapixel Cameras
-No GBA Slot
-Online Store (Like WiiWare)
-SD Memory Card Slot (Thanks Knibz)

I don't think this is the "best" DS, but I like the larger screens and web browser.

I wasn't happy about the no GBA Slot, as most of my favorite games are on GBA and GBC games, which the DS couldn't play anyway.

Cameras are useless, since it is 0.3.

DS Store thing...I could care less. I don't use WiiWare anyway.

All in all, I don't think it's worth to 170$, but they'll get money some way from it.

Flab-Ender
04-12-2009, 10:18 AM

-Web Browser
-No GBA Slot

I don't think this is the "best" DS, but I like the larger screens and web browser.

I wasn't happy about the no GBA Slot, as most of my favorite games are on GBA and GBC games, which the DS couldn't play anyway.

All in all, I don't think it's worth to 170$, but they'll get money some way from it.

Oh, I could have sworn it had 2 touch screens, well anyways, it came out April 5th, which was Sunday. But ya, I was dissapointed with the GBA slot. I have more GBA games than DS and I would like to play them. I might use the online store thing, if I ever got it, which I highly doubt I will.

Knibbler
04-12-2009, 10:21 AM

-Web Browser
-No GBA Slot

You also forgot to mention that it comes with an SD memory card slot

Samus-Fan
04-12-2009, 10:39 AM
You also forgot to mention that it comes with an SD memory card slot

Oh yea, thanks Knibz, Forgot about that. You can store those crappy pictures, lol.

Flab-Ender
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
All for around 170$. What a rip off.

Exodyus
05-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Apparently, the world doesn't share the same view as you DS haters.

Nintendo Sold Over A Million DS Handhelds In America Last Month
By Brian Ashcraft, 1:00 AM on Fri May 15 2009, 6,312 views (Edit post, Set to draft, Slurp)

Holy mackerel! Nintendo had an amazing April, selling over 1.04 million DS units in the United States. That's spread over the DSi and the DS Lite platforms. Here's the breakdown:

The DSi sold more than 827,000 systems in April, while the Nintendo DS Lite sold 215,000 systems. Those impressive sales figures bring the life-to-date Nintendo DS platform sales to over 30 million in the United States.

jakncoke
05-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Apparently, the world doesn't share the same view as you DS haters.

of course it doesn't :laugh:, it broke the PS2 record for Japan sales months ago, it recently passed 100 million and is well on it's way to surpassing PS2 all time sales.

Jjjet1
05-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I like my DS thank you! I'm not sure if I'll get a DSi soon but ya never know!

Yuuki
05-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Well, I thought the DSi was pretty cool.
I mean, it is the 3rd DS, which is kinda crazy.
But yeah.. I think it's pretty cool.
And I thought it had 2 touch screens too. lol

Iceskater101
05-16-2009, 09:45 PM
thats cool the DSI has a web browser thats the only reason I would buy it but for 170 dollars?
I would wait for the price to go down

Flab-Ender
05-18-2009, 11:17 AM
thats cool the DSI has a web browser thats the only reason I would buy it but for 170 dollars?
I would wait for the price to go down

It will probably be a while before the price goes down since it is selling like crazy.

Iceskater101
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
It will probably be a while before the price goes down since it is selling like crazy.

oh i know playstation needs to come up with a new model to try and outbeat the dsi

jakncoke
05-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I doubt Sony is going to care about PS2 beating DS and needlessly spending money on R&D on coming up with a new PS2, I think they care way more about trying to survive long term across the board, the gaming division isn't the only part performing poorly. That's why there closing like 10 factories and slashing nearly 20k of the 160k workforce. Sony is basically using the PS2 as a buffer right now, what I mean by that is PS3 is cannonball of bleeding money and the PS2 is helping the division look better.

hidekipooj
05-19-2009, 01:25 PM
oh i know playstation needs to come up with a new model to try and outbeat the dsi

um....they are. It's called psp go. Google's your best friend.

LemonRising
05-19-2009, 03:19 PM
170 is too much
But I like the camera idea and the browser.

But I wont get it cause I only got my DS last christmas.

B|