PDA

View Full Version : Halo Novels

Flab-Ender
04-14-2009, 03:10 PM
I've heard good things about these books, and I've also heard bad things. I'm just wondering if anyone has read these books and how they are. Because I have been wanting to try them but I don't know if I should buy them or not.

Strickin
04-14-2009, 03:30 PM
I personally liked playing the Halo games (started back in Halo 1) and after beating Halo I decided to pick up the Trilogy. The Halo trilogy is pretty well written, and of course if you have played the game and enjoyed it, I would really recommend this book.

P.S. There are some nice battles too! Lol

Flab-Ender
04-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Lol, thanks. I also have seen that they give a lot of back information.
Is this true?

stefan094
04-15-2009, 10:38 AM
I've heard good things about these books, and I've also heard bad things. I'm just wondering if anyone has read these books and how they are. Because I have been wanting to try them but I don't know if I should buy them or not.

I red all of them (not the cole protocol) and loved them, i have books and have downloaded the first strike as an ebook.

Flab-Ender
04-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Cool. Well now i'm probably gonna try them. Which one is the first one?

stefan094
04-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Cool. Well now i'm probably gonna try them. Which one is the first one?
If you follow the halo universe history the first is the contact harvest(5), then the fall of reach(1), then the flood(2), the first strike(3), than ghosts of onix(4). The cole protocol(6) is about group of spartans in some facility on reach so its parallel to the fall of reach. (....)these numbers are publishing order of books.

Flab-Ender
04-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Alright, thanks. I'm defiantly going to get them. Hopefully it's worth it.

omgodzilla10
04-15-2009, 07:28 PM
I never knew there were Halo Novels! I bet they would be pretty epic.

Flab-Ender
04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I never knew there were Halo Novels! I bet they would be pretty epic.

Ya, they tell the back story sort of and give information you don;t get in the game. It also takes you before the Covenant-Human war.

stefan094
04-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Ya, they tell the back story sort of and give information you don;t get in the game. It also takes you before the Covenant-Human war.
There is going to be a new trilogy about fall of forerunners.

omgodzilla10
04-16-2009, 05:01 PM

Oh. So they're sort of like.. Guides?

Flab-Ender
04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh. So they're sort of like.. Guides?

No, not really. They tell stories, I don't think they tell any that take place during the games. They are sort of like pre stories to the games. They also describe things in the game to.

omgodzilla10
04-16-2009, 07:54 PM
No, not really. They tell stories, I don't think they tell any that take place during the games. They are sort of like pre stories to the games. They also describe things in the game to.

Oh okay. I thought by "Telling information you don't get in game" would be like cheats and walk through kinda things.

Flab-Ender
04-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh okay. I thought by "Telling information you don't get in game" would be like cheats and walk through kinda things.

Ya, like back stories and things. Like what happened to Harvest, how the spartens were formed, and other things.