PDA

View Full Version : Stormrise

Jjjet1
04-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Has anyone else played Stormrise? I first got it for the PC but then after trying to install it, I noticed that I needed Vista. So, instead of getting Vista, I gave it to my brother and bought the 360 version. I can say it feels a little complicated for a console RTS. After playing for awhile, you get the feeling that the computer version would be much easier to control. There is also a fixed camera unlike any other RTS I played. Basically, the camera is fixed on the unit that you have selected, it is not an arial view like all the others that I have played. The only way you can see the other units is if you point the camera to the units or 'Whip Select' them. The way you 'Whip Select' is by moving the right thumb stick and point it to the unit of your choosing. It gets very complicated when you have more than ten units. Also, I have found that you can only group three units up at once. So you can not control more than three units at once. I like all of the visual graphics. Its not as 'fancy' as I'd hoped, but it does it's job, atleast for me, to please the eye. I have only played this game a short while so far so I can not give it justice yet. But when I finish I will be sure to update this.

(will edit more later)

jakncoke
04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Do you know if PS3 version supports k/m?

Jjjet1
04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I have no idea. I do not have a ps3. I only have a 360, Wii, and PC.

jakncoke
04-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Just wondering as I'd actually consider buying if it did, without...pass

Jjjet1
04-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Oh, well you can go and check it out online since well... You are online.

omgodzilla10
04-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Stormrise looks pretty sweet. It has kind of like that Halo Futuristic look to it, and amazing graphics.

Jjjet1
04-20-2009, 11:09 AM
I played it again for a few hours when my girlfriend was at drill for the guards. It actually gets a little bit easy to roughly manage everything. But micromanaging is well... Still hard a bit. But the graphics are pretty nice for a console game. Shadows and light seem to work very well. But still, I wonder what it would look like on a computer.