PDA

View Full Version : Afro Samurai

Choke On Candy
04-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Someone gave me this game..It's brand new still sealed up and everything. I want to know if its worth playing ? Is it possible to get into it even though I haven't watched the series.... if it is even based on the series?? Should I just open it and try it out and pop out a few achievos or just take it back and get something else? What the heck to get!! Seems like there aren't many new games out there that are worth playing

jakncoke
04-18-2009, 03:42 PM
can't imagine the trade in value being high so I'd just give it a go. Keep in mind I have never played it.

LiNuX
04-18-2009, 04:11 PM
this is the Samuel L. Jackson game? I never played it either, never thought about it because the commercials never appealed to me (assuming it's the Jackson game) - you could give it a try and let us know how it is :)

Choke On Candy
04-18-2009, 07:38 PM
this is the Samuel L. Jackson game? I never played it either, never thought about it because the commercials never appealed to me (assuming it's the Jackson game) - you could give it a try and let us know how it is :)

That would be the one! Gonna play it in like 20 minutes I will have to tell you how it went.

Kairaiden
04-18-2009, 08:19 PM
That would be the one! Gonna play it in like 20 minutes I will have to tell you how it went.I see you online playing that must be easy achievements you have quite a few already or you could be an awesome samurai. Be one with yourself and kill people

Choke On Candy
04-18-2009, 10:03 PM
This game reminds of of the Avatar the last air bender. Definitely not worth buying unless your a kid who likes button mashing. During some of the fight scenes they do play some bad ass hip hop music that I was digging.I do find that the humor in this game is hilarious but I was bored of the game after 20 minutes and was satisfied with busting off a few achievos. Being unable to skip through the movie clips was aggravating so I played little big planet instead!

LiNuX
04-18-2009, 10:24 PM
This game reminds of of the Avatar the last air bender. Definitely not worth buying unless your a kid who likes button mashing. During some of the fight scenes they do play some bad ass hip hop music that I was digging.I do find that the humor in this game is hilarious but I was bored of the game after 20 minutes and was satisfied with busting off a few achievos. Being unable to skip through the movie clips was aggravating so I played little big planet instead!

lol nice review - at least my assumptions weren't wrong from the commercials

Exodyus
04-19-2009, 12:44 AM
I found it a little amusing, seeing as it was a decent stress reliever. The slow-animation timing that allows you to CLEAVE people in two?! I mean, come on.

Button masher = Yes.
Worth buying = No.
Good for stress relief = Yes.
Titties = Yes.
Reconsideration of game purchase because of titties = Yes!

jakncoke
04-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Does anyone know if it got trophy support?

Choke On Candy
04-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know if it got trophy support?

Interesting question...I have no idea??

Kairaiden
04-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I found it a little amusing, seeing as it was a decent stress reliever. The slow-animation timing that allows you to CLEAVE people in two?! I mean, come on.

Button masher = Yes.
Worth buying = No.
Good for stress relief = Yes.
Titties = Yes.
Reconsideration of game purchase because of titties = Yes!

If your looking for titties then you need to get dead or alive:D

Shixx
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
I played it awhile back, if your a fan of the previous Anime you will like it, it fills in some Parts of the story that they hinted at in the Anime.
it does get very repetitive but it's short playtime makes it bearable.

It's Fun cutting people in half for about as long as the game is.

Don't buy it though..