PDA

View Full Version : ^_^ Hi hi! ^_^

Kitey
04-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey there, guys!

I'm a recovering raider looking for new diversions! I haven't bought a new system since I first activated my WoW account because it kept me too busy to need one, but I now find that a console would be a nice addition and I want back into that scene. A 360 will be my graduation gift to myself, and I plan to get an xbl account so that I can meet some of you online.

Expect lots of st00pid n00b questions. I've been tucked under my rock, happily running my rogue and a paladin who was supposed to be my new main when the xpac hit. Around that time, regrettably, rl pwnt my face, so I fell off the planet. So now, here I am and oh yes--there will be smileys.

I have already found a favorite: :laugh:
I promise to try to curb my enthusiasm for using it.

Flab-Ender
04-21-2009, 03:05 PM
How goes it? Well read the rules, have fun, and I actually beat Linux to a new gamer thread lol.

KittyCat72
04-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I actually beat Linux to a new gamer thread lol.

Not really as hard as it seems...

Well then, welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around!

Flab-Ender
04-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Not really as hard as it seems...

Well then, welcome to the forum! Hope to see you around!

Well, it's just every time, someone seems to beat me, and it's usually Linux.

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Welcome, welcome.

You seem smart and you can type better than most of the ... silly prepubescents on the forum already. Plus! You're a chick.

We'll get along.

KittyCat72
04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Well, it's just every time, someone seems to beat me, and it's usually Linux.

You probably just have bad timing, or Linux is everywhere... whichever.

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 03:52 PM
You probably just have bad timing, or Linux is everywhere... whichever.

Pretty sure Smalls isn't god.

KittyCat72
04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Pretty sure Smalls isn't god.

He is here. *bows*

Flab-Ender
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
He might as well be every where. I mean he post all most immediantly after you do.

Kitey
04-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Welcome, welcome.

You seem smart and you can type better than most of the ... silly prepubescents on the forum already. Plus! You're a chick.

We'll get along.
I'm into lit so I had better know my way around the English language, and I'm pretty well read. I am indeed post-pubescent, and I am indeed a chick. Pink gigglies are not for the faint of heart, and I can wield them with epic precision.

As for silly: that charge I cannot answer, sir, because I am a firm believer in radical self-amusement.

I love you people already!! :laugh: But I'll behave as if I'm housebroken until I get settled in. ;-)

KittyCat72
04-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Linux is a super poster. Lol, I only have like 1/6 of the number of posts he has.

Also thought I'd mention that Linux might even be watching us right now. :confused1:(but he's not because he's not online)

Flab-Ender
04-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, he might have the powers to seem like he's off line. For all we know, he might be watching us 24/7.

Kitey
04-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Is it rather like when the roommate is in the kitchen pretending to do dishes, but he's really about to get into your cookies and take the last four, and he has no idea that you are standing there in the doorway even though he's looking around like the sneaking convict that he is, and when he finally turns and sees you glaring at him he jumps and cusses and drops the cookies on the floor, so now there are no cookies for anyone?

That story makes me a little sadder than I was a few moments ago. :-(

KittyCat72
04-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Well, he might have the powers to seem like he's off line. For all we know, he might be watching us 24/7.

Actually, can't anyone make it seem like they're offline? I think you can do that in the User CP.

Is it rather like when the roommate is in the kitchen pretending to do dishes, but he's really about to get into your cookies and take the last four, and he has no idea that you are standing there in the doorway even though he's looking around like the sneaking convict that he is, and when he finally turns and sees you glaring at him he jumps and cusses and drops the cookies on the floor, so now there are no cookies for anyone?

How very descriptive. :D

Kujo
04-21-2009, 05:00 PM
/breath in
KITEY!!!!!! OMFG!!!!! YOU FOUND ME!!!! I CAN'T STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS?!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!! SOMEONE I KNOW IRL IS ON A FORUM I CHECK ON THE REGULAR!!!!

/breath out
/breath in

STAY AWAY FROM JACKNCOKE, LINUX, AND RAW! AND YOU'LL BE FINE. ALSO... I SEE YOU MOVED?!?! WTF?!! WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?!? AND WHY DID YOU MOVE NEXT TO MY BROTHER AS OPPOSED TO MOVING CLOSER TO ME??

/breath out
/breath in

OK.. I have a meeting to go to... you better answer all my filthy PMs on this forum and PS: my XBL Gamer-tag is Xx B3RT0 xX (clever I know!)

PS the 2nd: I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm into lit so I had better know my way around the English language, and I'm pretty well read. I am indeed post-pubescent, and I am indeed a chick. Pink gigglies are not for the faint of heart, and I can wield them with epic precision.

As for silly: that charge I cannot answer, sir, because I am a firm believer in radical self-amusement.

I love you people already!! :laugh: But I'll behave as if I'm housebroken until I get settled in. ;-)

Then I wont mock you for your extreme molestation of those poor commas you keep recklessly and needlessly adding... ;)

I was gun'na say - you described me, all save the part where you said that he dropped them. I would have compacted every bit of delicious morsel into my agape maw and ran for it.

/breath in
KITEY!!!!!! OMFG!!!!! YOU FOUND ME!!!! I CAN'T STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS?!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!! SOMEONE I KNOW IRL IS ON A FORUM I CHECK ON THE REGULAR!!!!

/breath out
/breath in

STAY AWAY FROM JACKNCOKE, LINUX, AND RAW! AND YOU'LL BE FINE. ALSO... I SEE YOU MOVED?!?! WTF?!! WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?!? AND WHY DID YOU MOVE NEXT TO MY BROTHER AS OPPOSED TO MOVING CLOSER TO ME??

/breath out
/breath in

OK.. I have a meeting to go to... you better answer all my filthy PMs on this forum and PS: my XBL Gamer-tag is Xx B3RT0 xX (clever I know!)

PS the 2nd: I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackass and Cynical Bastard to Emo Teenie Bopper Girl in 2.7 Seconds.
Faster than any car on the planet... Cute.

Kujo
04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
As an English Professor, I don't think Mrs. Kitey misuses any commas. What you see as reckless and needy, she believes to be attention grabbing, as she forces you to slow down when reading her words of wisdom to take notice of said commas.

LiNuX
04-21-2009, 06:43 PM
welcome to the forum, since you seem to be an english prof. I don't have to tell you how to read as I do with many newbies that join up and pretend as if they can read.

and I am everywhere almost sometimes - don't let that scare you. Enjoy the forum!

Kujo
04-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Linux is always everywhere all the time. He creeps in the shadows like a fly on a wall while you pleasure yourself in a dimly lit room. He is the only person on this or any other forum who can physically be in 2 places at one time without cheating or bending any laws of physics.

Kitey
04-21-2009, 07:08 PM
You have already discovered one of my filthier habits, Exodyus. >.> Those little squiggles are just too cute to avoid. They...they tempt meh...and so do smileys!!! :yes: And exclamation points!!!!!! ZOMG! :eek1:

Your version of the cookie business is slightly less sad because there is a chase scene, and some explosions and a knife fight are involved. I think I like it better, so we're going with that.

@ Kujo--(lolololololomginorite???? /hug!!!) I'm surprised that you are so pleased that I'm stalking you! :laugh: (You didn't seem so happy that last time--now I have a record, you ASS.) I followed that link that was in the comic you posted. Now that I'm not playing WoW, I felt a little homeless :-( so I flitted over here to read the news and get back into the general groove I was in before WoW chased off my friends, alienated my family, ravaged my bank account, and had me living on catfood and gutter sludge. I saw these fine, upstanding citizens postin and chattin and figured I would join in the fun. :D

(This next part is probably better suited for a PM, but oh well.) I haven't moved yet--still in crappy Crofton. :mad1: But! I have a job offer at ODU (!!Excited!!) so I'll be moving down there in July/August. I hope to get there a little sooner because I'll either get a Katana or a scooter depending on how much start-up cash I have at the beginning of the summer, and I will need to get used to riding it.

I'll post my tag when I get my Xbox set up. That won't happen until after my defense in the middle of next month. :D omg!! It's going to be so much fun!!!

(Btw, Exodyus, there is a giggling tween in all of our souls. Kujo is actually in much better touch with his than you think. :D But then, so am I, so we make a pretty good pair!)

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 07:12 PM

As an English Professor, I don't think Mrs. Kitey misuses any commas. What you see as reckless and needy, she believes to be attention grabbing, as she forces you to slow down when reading her words of wisdom to take notice of said commas.

In the quote above, you'll find NO 'ands' that are not followed by a comma and in each place, the comma is useless. Unnecessary. Unneeded. Thus, it is safe to say that the comma is misused, not required, and even excessive.

If she'd meant for them to be there or attempted to use them as a semi-colon, it would have been easier to add a period and make fragmented sentences.

Not to mention, in Kansas - most professors have Masters degrees. They also don't often use the 'n_n' face in a description of themselves...
Maybe Virgina has "themz hillz" rules.

Kitey
04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah--I like tldr posts too. Another of my feeeeelthy habits. My usage is probably overly cautious. It's technically correct--some of the conventions concerning comma usage have really to do with style and clarity as opposed to ironclad grammatical rules.

Oh, blessed commas--I gather them to me as I would that million dollars I have not yet won. I plan to get my winnings in singles, spread them on my bed, and hug them for a little while, and roll around in them. (I'm not a materialistic person. But come on--tell me that doesn't sound like fun.)

Linux has told me to not be scared, but I think I will hold off picking my nose and eating it until I've logged off. :confused1:

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah--I like tldr posts too. Another of my feeeeelthy habits. My usage is probably overly cautious. It's technically correct--some of the conventions concerning comma usage have really to do with style and clarity as opposed to ironclad grammatical rules.

Oh, blessed commas--I gather them to me as I would that million dollars I have not yet won. I plan to get my winnings in singles, spread them on my bed, and hug them for a little while, and roll around in them. (I'm not a materialistic person. But come on--tell me that doesn't sound like fun.)

Linux has told me to not be scared, but I think I will hold off picking my nose and eating it until I've logged off. :confused1:

I like you already...

You even used technically in italics to play the peacemaker between myself and your newly acquired forum lap-dog.

Touché.

Kitey
04-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh snap--it is ON!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

In the quote above, you'll find NO 'ands' that are not followed by a comma and in each place, the comma is useless. Unnecessary. Unneeded. Thus, it is safe to say that the comma is misused, not required, and even excessive.

If she'd meant for them to be there or attempted to use them as a semi-colon, it would have been easier to add a period and make fragmented sentences.

Not to mention, in Kansas - most professors have Masters degrees. They also don't often use the 'n_n' face in a description of themselves...
Maybe Virgina has "themz hillz" rules.

The conventions you are speaking of are actually used in the GPO, but and is a conjunction that is properly preceded by a comma. But and so are the same part of speech and are also properly preceded by commas. If an and precedes the last item in a list that is separated by commas, then it too is separated by a comma. (GPO doesn't adhere to those rules.)

Commas also moderate pacing when you read, because they are used to separate clauses. The basic rule is that, if you take a breath or your voice changes in tone as you read something aloud, you can probably use a comma in that spot. You'll see contradictory rules regarding comma usage because, again, their usage is subject to style and the individual needs of the moment.

Fragments are only ever appropriate to indicate emphasis. They shouldn't be used that often. The same rule holds true for starting a sentence with a conjunction or a participle. Semi-colons are not used in the place of a comma. They separate elements in lists, or are used to link two independent ideas that follow so closely together that a period might do, but are overlapping in nature (more than a comma, less than a period).

I'll have a PhD in May if the gods are kind and I can stop checking forums enough to finish my chapter. ;-)

EDIT: I like you too, Exodyus. I will have to keep on my toes around you, and that is never a bad thing.

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Oh snap--it is ON!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The conventions you are speaking of are actually used in the GPO, but and is a conjunction that is properly preceded by a comma. But and so are the same part of speech and are also properly preceded by commas. If an and precedes the last item in a list that is separated by commas, then it too is separated by a comma. (GPO doesn't adhere to those rules.)

Commas also moderate pacing when you read, because they are used to separate clauses. The basic rule is that, if you take a breath or your voice changes in tone as you read something aloud, you can probably use a comma in that spot. You'll see contradictory rules regarding comma usage because, again, their usage is subject to style and the individual needs of the moment.

Fragments are only ever appropriate to indicate emphasis. They shouldn't be used that often. The same rule holds true for starting a sentence with a conjunction or a participle. Semi-colons are not used in the place of a comma. They separate elements in lists, or are used to link two independent ideas that follow so closely together that a period might do, but are overlapping in nature (more than a comma, less than a period).

I'll have a PhD in May if the gods are kind and I can stop checking forums enough to finish my chapter. ;-)

EDIT: I like you too, Exodyus. I will have to keep on my toes around you, and that is never a bad thing.

Ohh...Lord. I got a tingle just then. I didn't think it was possible to find such intelligence and textual beauty on a forum - of all places. ;)

I absolutely agree with everything you just said; I merely stated that they seemed over used. I used to be a comma whore too, but then I gave some away to friends, pets, and I even hear they make great 'sorry' gifts. ;)

Lol. Congrats on the PhD. If you've made it this far, your Doctorate is cake. Good job, soldier!

Kitey
04-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Don't get too tingly, Exodyus--I let all of my bad habits shine on forums. ;-) You will probably catch me slippin. All I ask is that you be gentle with me when you do.

And if that made you tingle, let someone irk me when I think I am right about something: I dissect each post line by meticulous line with attentiveness that would make the most hardened troll tear up with joy. It takes a LOT to get me fired up enough to spend that kind of time and love on tearing someone a new one, though.

Ooh!! /happydance!! This is going to be such fun!!

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Ahhahahahha... you make my chatteral smile grow. That's like textual, only in a chatty reference - qute, huh? Lol.

I didn't get Forum Jackass for a title for nothing. I've done what you just said more than once and I've made some little kiddies tinkle a little - in turn, we've come to a lowly agreement of me "ignoring" them.

Quiet literally. It's pretty amusing to watch, but I'll let you harass a few children on your own and meet your own joyful standards of public humiliation. You have to learn to be good at that if you're going to be a professor.

And trust - I'll be very gentle with you. :twitcy:

Juicyz
04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
;p;......... You Can Speak NormAL Here If You Want. None Of That English Ap Lit ... heeh..

wield them with epic precision

LOL!?

radical self-amusement

mEEh

But AnyWays Have Fun Here, EnjoyZ Your Stay And Stay C00lZ.
You Will Fit In Well . Just Ignore Exo. Most People Do.. (;p;)

p.s. Exo how you like this bouncing

Flab-Ender
04-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Lol you tell him Kitey. But beware, HE MIGHT BLOCK YOU! Also, maybe Linux IS 2 PEOPLE!

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 08:18 PM
;p;......... You Can Speak NormAL Here If You Want. None Of That English Ap Lit ... heeh..

LOL!?

mEEh

But AnyWays Have Fun Here, EnjoyZ Your Stay And Stay C00lZ.
You Will Fit In Well . Just Ignore Exo. Most People Do.. (;p;)

p.s. Exo how you like this bouncing

Aww, you str8 h8'n on me.
Man, we're bouncin' mofo's today. ASPLOOOODE!

Juicyz
04-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Heeh Thats Right ;)... We are turning Every Thread Into A Little Chatter Box :).

I see you Linux. At thE Bottom :), Read This.

You Should Make Exo A Little Special Chatter Box

jakncoke
04-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Norfolk is by Virginia Beach, right? My aunt/uncle live in VB

Kujo
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
You even used technically in italics to play the peacemaker between myself and your newly acquired forum lap-dog.

While I'm going to assume you that you're referencing ME as said lap-dog; you need to know that I'm not just flying out of left field here with my comments towards Kitey. Her and I have a very long and outstanding history that extends far beyond the reaches of the internet to include several lunches and a hilarious coffee date that ended up in a recruiter coming up to us at a Star Bucks and asking me if I wanted to join the Army. Apparently, the "high and tight" haircut I had back then wasn't enough evidence that I'd already been serving Uncle Sam for 3.5 years prior. That or seeing a younger white male and an "older" black female sharing coffee together must have been some sort of gang initiation. I commend him for trying to get a troubled youth of the streets of Croften and out of the hands of the rich black community though. Good soldier he was... good indeed.

Kitey
04-21-2009, 10:21 PM
That recruiter thought something louche was afoot. Coffee + older AA woman + young white soldier = a threat to our freedom and our way of life.

As for your "older" comment, bite your tongue! So what if I beat Final Fantasy when its graphics were cutting edge? So what if I thought that the cut scenes in Ninja Gaiden were the coolest things I had EVER or WOULD EVER see? That's not "old."

It's vintage.

And ya, jakncoke--VB is about an hour from Norfolk when traffic is bad. I haven't gotten there yet, so I'm not 100% about how far it will be from the university.

And does this mean that you will not be my lap-dog? :-(
Again, you make baby Jesus cry.
Yuh baastid.

Exodyus
04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Last edited by LiNuX; Today at 10:57 PM.

Ohsnap. You did a bad thing and got edited. Lolol.
If you didn't know, this is the Republic of Linux and Freedom of Speech, however it is in the Constitution and in America - JUST LIKE THIS SERVER ...

Linux hates his job because of the teenie boppers.
I can provide some sort of proof, if needed - I think I have PM's...

Anyways. Careful. Big brother is watching.

And Kujo - even your name fits being her lap dog, regardless of past.
Just deal with it. ;)

Kitey
04-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Lol That edit was one that I actually am grateful for--double posting is sucky.

But I couldn't hold onto the second comment!! I haaaaaaaaad to write it!!

Bah. Sleepy. u.u See you lovelies tahmahrah!

LemonRising
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
I am so sad I missed this thread.

oh and hi.

Kitey
04-23-2009, 08:47 AM
I am so sad I missed this thread and the thread it spawned.

oh and hi.
Fixt.

And hey there! ^_^

Knibbler
04-23-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm glad I missed the spam fest..
Welcome to the forums! :)

omgodzilla10
04-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Hai der. Welcome to the Gamers forum. I've noticed you've already been posting a lot.

Kitey
04-23-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm rather chatty. :laugh: I'll probably have lots of questions when I get my console.

Jjjet1
04-24-2009, 11:38 AM
You probably will. I know I did when I got mine. But How's the weather down there? I'm from MinnesOOta. No one I know around here speaks like. A few of us went to New York for the Festival of Gold and few people could tell we were from Minnesota. I see you met Exo, I haven't formed a full opinion on him yet, seeing as I just started posting on GF again recently. But yeah, have fun here. It's a pretty nice place to let your nerd out.

Exodyus
04-24-2009, 12:06 PM
I love how I can be the main theme for when people come back from long absences and they're all like - I wonder if I should befriend him, try to befriend him, or will I get mocked ruthlessly for my ignorance.... HMMMMmmm!?!

I don't like you because you have 3 J's in your name and you are sporting a Halo avatar. That means you're just a fan boy who can't spell.
What's the 1 at the end for anyways? Was Jjjet taken?

Lol... ohgawd.

I miss you Kitey. Hit my Profile up. <3

Kitey
04-24-2009, 12:11 PM
It's rather nice here. Both of my trees are in bloom so I have pink flowers all over my front and back yard--very pleasant because I'm working from home lately. We are in that funky stage of spring here where it's warm during the day, but we have frost advisories at night. Gotta love the Midatlantic.

I have indeed met Exo, but Kujo has been my boy for a while (<3). With his ranting a$$ lurking around, this place feels pretty much like home. :)

Speaking of which, back to work. Deadlines ftl.

Zomg! Exo!! Speak of the devil and he does appear! How ya been, luvah?

Jjjet1
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Haha. Actually have you ever heard of Jay Jay the Jet Plane? Well there ya go! I've had this name ever since AOEII came out on MSNZone. If I were a fan boy, wouldn't you think I'd love everything Halo, that I would talk about it constantly? Possibly even play on Live! everyday? As a matter of fact, no. I haven't played halo in months, don't have Live!, and yes, I do have a girlfriend. Sorry to dissappoint. Shoot! I don't think I have many posts in the halo category at all! It seems you appease to all of the girls that come here... I wonder why?

But we are in spring now! It's still a nice 50*F out here. But next week I heard it's going to be in the 70's... I'm glad that I'm not going to have to deal with many deadlines in my profession! Pharmacy is where I'm needed. I'm going into Pharmacy because well, I'm native and the rez half only one person in the medical field that stayed around here... So I guess it's a little take and give back thing? I don't know. I like it.

Exodyus
04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
It's rather nice here. Both of my trees are in bloom so I have pink flowers all over my front and back yard--very pleasant because I'm working from home lately. We are in that funky stage of spring here where it's warm during the day, but we have frost advisories at night. Gotta love the Midatlantic.

I have indeed met Exo, but Kujo has been my boy for a while (<3). With his ranting a$$ lurking around, this place feels pretty much like home. :)

Speaking of which, back to work. Deadlines ftl.

Zomg! Exo!! Speak of the devil and he does appear! How ya been, luvah?

I be'z gud, hon. How have you been?
How's the project comin' along?

Kitey
04-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Blah. I've been procrastinating all day instead of writing. >.>

See the fruits of my work avoidance scattered thither and yon. I woke up with good intentions but, alas...

Jjjet1
04-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Then get your butt in gear and write! Unless you know magic. Just use your magic to finish your writing.

Kitey
04-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Lol! Does Stoli Magique count?
I think it does! And it's Friday!!

Jjjet1
04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm guessing that is some kind of... Uhh... Magic spell? Not sure, sorry! I know little about magic seeing as I am a meer human... *cries in the corner in fetal position*

Kitey
04-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Magic when mixed with OJ and club soda, my boy. ;-)
It helps when you read boring stuff about abstract concepts.

Jjjet1
04-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry I don't drink! :( plan to only on special occasions. But that's also called pot! ;)

Juicyz
04-24-2009, 09:36 PM
0.0... This is the most definitly popular forum. that didnt turn out good but I dont care.