PDA

View Full Version : Review of the Months

Flab-Ender
04-25-2009, 10:56 PM
I have been thinking for a while, and since the Graphics pros have a competition of some sort, why not the game reviewers. I was thinking that we have a few member (you don't have to be an official reviewer to enter) make a review, and then other members would vote on who's is best. There are a few flaws probably, but we can work those out. I just wanted to get some peoples opinion on this.

Knibbler
04-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Didn't you already make a thread for this?!

Rotm? - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11226)

Flab-Ender
04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Ya, but since it got no responses and it didn't have a poll, I decided to make a new one.

Knibbler
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure Linux gave you the go ahead to set it up!

Flab-Ender
04-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Well I don't want to be the only one doing it. And I want to know what everyone else thinks of it.

omgodzilla10
04-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Seems like a okay idea..
I don't think that many people would do it though.

KittyCat72
04-26-2009, 09:18 AM
It seems like a good idea if you could get enough people in on it. I would participate if I ever get around to making another review.

Samus-Fan
04-26-2009, 09:22 AM
If I have a game to review, that hasn't been done, I'd do this.
Just for the fun of it.

Kitey
04-26-2009, 12:02 PM
It seems like a good idea if you could get enough people in on it. I would participate if I ever get around to making another review.
And this, I think, is what may shoot your idea in the foot. The SOTW/M tag has meaning to everyone who sees it because it seems to be very active. Game reviews seem pretty scarce--fewer and further between--and they are most useful for things that have just come out. We don't want reviews written just in the hopes of making it into a contest.

Organize the reviews on the back end first, then hold the contest (if this isn't already happening). Figure out what games are coming out and who will play and then review them. Then we can hold the competition. Instead of monthly, it might be better to do the reviews seasonally (best summer release review).

Just my $0.02.

Riku-Nara
04-26-2009, 12:43 PM
You should go for it, if you really want, and if you can get enough people to participate.
I stopped checking the review section a while ago tbh.

omgodzilla10
04-26-2009, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't join. I never do reviews, I never even look up information about games. xD

LordLameeks
04-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah i would vote if they had one

omgodzilla10
04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah i would vote if they had one

Same. But it would take forever reading like 4-5 Reviews.

Raw!
04-26-2009, 06:58 PM
When I was a game reviewer I already tried to start this up. It failed.

But if you want to go do it, go ahead.

Flab-Ender
04-26-2009, 08:04 PM
When I was a game reviewer I already tried to start this up. It failed.

But if you want to go do it, go ahead.

Ya, well this one might have more attention. Hopefully. But it won't be for a while, unless someone else wants to do it. because i've been really busy lately.

Trunks
04-29-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't think there are enough reviews being written to be honest. I've tried to start back up, failed multiple times. It would probably be better to start it in the summer, that way people have more time to write reviews. That's just my opinion at least, I would try to enter a few if I could, but I rather not organize any of it, no time..

Kitey
04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
I am thinking that when the summer games come out that there will be more reviews. And some folks around here are already voicing interest in the new stuff coming down the pike. Is the problem here is the lack of compelling new content to review?

Exodyus
05-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Being a reviewer and seeing what happens when random members have an immature streak and feel the urge to just blast someone's brand-new review for no reason other than destructive criticism - I can only see this going extremely badly, when voting for who did the best job on writing a review.

Display comes into play.
Information.
Set up.
Typo's.
I mean, everything down to the images you release, people could have or would expect more.
You need a guide for reviewing.
Meet X criteria.
Meet X amount of pics.
Etc - hammer out the details and it might not turn into a sh;t storm.

Otherwise, I think admins or Leader for Reviews needs to assign people systems to play - and that way we can at least figure out how many reviews should be coming out. Last review I posted, got one comment from someone new.

I think we should face it that no one really cares about the game reviews - OR, if they're tempted to buy, then they can request a review.
Either way, it's going to be a drawn out waste of time, I think.

People just aren't too crazy interested in it.

Shixx
06-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm for it. it could be a way to draw more attention to the Reviews.
nobody reads our reviews as it is. it definitely wont hurt.