PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

jakncoke
04-26-2009, 05:55 PM
My opinions on the Steelers draft

Round 1: 32nd pick= Evander Hood (DT) Missouri,
Well know nothing about him, but I'm quite mad this pick wasn't an o-line selection. The only thing I can think of it is they are building for the future and bracing for an eventual loss of Casey Hampton in the short term. Which is solid but the o-line is a glaring need that resigning our old was not the answer

Round 3: 79th overall= Kraig Urbik (OG) Wisconsin,

I don't know squat about him either but the fact that we draft o-line help had me jittering with happiness

Round 3: 84th overall= Mike Wallace (WR) Ole Miss,

Another selection I was in the dark about, but with Hines Ward aging and us losing Nate Washington the need for a WR to groom was there. Limas Sweed nasty drop and no depth behind him had the Steelers scared and jumped. He is very fast, this is nice it will be interesting to see how he pans out. Hines Ward was also a 3rd and was also drafted behind many WR's :)

Round 3: 96th overall= Keenan Lewis (CB) Oregon St,

With the loss of Bryant Mcfadden and the aging of Deshea Townsend we needed some depth here and we got it.

Round 5: 168th overall=Joe Burnett (CB) C Florida,

:sigh:, so dumb

Round 5: 169th overall=Frank Summers (RB) UNLV,

We really don't need another RB, but his size has me intrigued for sure 5'9 243

Round 6: 205th= Ra'shon Harris (DT) Oregon

another one of these is retarded as well, I realize Chris Hoke and Casey Hampton is old but jesus h christ would i rather have something other than this

Round 7 226th= AQ Shipley(C) Penn St(Go Penn St!),

Max Unger went in the 2nd that was just after Eric Wood and Alex Mack, I wanted to the Steelers to get one of those as our current starter Justin Hartwig lead the league in sacks given up. I b1tched and moaned every time we passed up and we finally got him in the 7th so here's to hoping he becomes something and hopefully does so well he kicks Hartwig to the bench and starts as a rookie oh sweet glorious pipe dreams :D

7 241st=David Johnson(te) Arkansas St

meh 7th rounder, probably won't even make final cuts