PDA

View Full Version : Dead Sites

jasonbay
04-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Am I the only one that notice there is a really high number of dead sites around the net ? Does anyone else find this annoying when surfing the net ? I do is there really that many sites that 1.1 billion ppl can go to so many sites and there still be so many left for dead . Does anyone have a figure on like how many sites there are or how many forums because there is alot of free forums out that die quickly and I run across them alot and that makes me angry because the owner doesnt have any money invested like in a real site that is dead so he/she could just close it and down instead of making me sift through the dead while searching for new sites./rant over

LiNuX
04-16-2007, 12:28 PM
i've seen a lot, like those really old blogs, not updated for years, ghost towns in some other forums.

souljaa
04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I've seen a lot too. Oh well, I guess it's something we have to deal with on the internet.

diablo
04-17-2007, 10:52 AM
its inevitable that sites will be active forever, usually really active sites go down because the owners arent active or arent updating it often enough. for a blog for example, if no posts were made in 30 days i'd call it inactive. blogs should be posted on at least once every 2 or 3 weeks.

KittyCat72
04-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I've seen a lot of dead sites; in fact, I've even run into some site about to be dead. Like when there are still people but the Admin gave up and there is a lot of spam......... Maybe we can keep that from happening on this site for a while.

souljaa
04-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I've seen a lot of dead sites; in fact, I've even run into some site about to be dead. Like when there are still people but the Admin gave up and there is a lot of spam......... Maybe we can keep that from happening on this site for a while.

Lol, I'm sure Linux won't let that happen ;).

LiNuX
04-17-2007, 09:25 PM
nope, spam? only in the spam board lol, otherwise, we havent had a spammer register here to advertise their crap in a looooong time, last time was november if i remember correctly :) i wont let this forum die, NEVER. lol, new contest will come soon, hopefully it'll bring in more users. Hint: CS Related.

wifi
04-19-2007, 06:52 PM
i saw this other forum the other day, it had like 3000 members, and next to active users, it said 2 rofl :P guess thats dead, i dont know what kinda forum it was, does this one show the active members too?