PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech Shooting

Wang
04-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I was watching the news earlier this morning when the shooting in the dorm first occured, and then later in my european democracy class, our teacher said that another shooting has occured at VA tech, this time in a classroom..as of right now, 33 people have been killed, (also includes the shooter who killed himself). Its an interesting fact that we are within 4 days of the columbine shooting. Its hard to believe a human being is capable of doing this...and another thing that puzzles me is the way the school reacted at first.

I dont mean to sound mean or trying to upset anyone, but the school emailed all students within two hours of the first reported shooting in the dorms, but was that fast enough? I felt that the school shouldve canceled all classes until further notice and alert students in less time(two hours seems a bit much). Now im not saying the schools are at fault for any of this, as i wouldnt expect a second shooting to occur.

What are your opinions/feelings about this tragedy?

News link here http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_shooting

LiNuX
04-16-2007, 06:47 PM
wow another one, says it took them 2 hours to figure out what was going on, thats pretty slow for a college to figure out, where are the security and radios. thats really sad, nobody except the gunman knows why he did that

souljaa
04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah I heard about that...So stupid..Pisses me off...After that stupid dawson attack here..it just doesn't stop. Horrible.

jasonbay
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Just goes to show ya how the world is just going to the crapper with violence, back in the day when ppl were killed they were killed for a reason they pissed off a mobster and double crossed someone but there was a reason now a days its getting so pathetic 33 inocents are now dead that did nothing wrong and you have to look deeper because not only are the 33 dead but the 200 or family members are now effected for life, whats even crazy and scary in my school we almost had the same kind of incident where some kid planned to come to school and kill 5 kids good thing the idiot talked or my school would be in the news and I even knew the kid never would of thought he'd be violent just some idiot that went to school and did nothing , whats funny about him is he was suppose to be a Junior this year but he is still a freshman with like 4 credits damn loser I hope he spends a few years in prison and meets some guy named Bubba , too bad he wasnt 18 so he could straight to the slammer.

LiNuX
04-16-2007, 10:16 PM
wow jasonbay, nothing even happened in my school like that, well not that im aware of, and wow 4 credits with a freshman, thats really stupid, somebody should slap him and make him smarter or un-lazy him up. people these days go crazy and do crazy stuff for no reason

jasonbay
04-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah he is extremely lazy , smart as hell but doesnt do any work , I still wonder why he even showed to school.

crazay
04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
i heard about it its horrible, did you see the video of the shooteR? he had some sort of a confession or something, i saw it but couldnt listen to it, it was last night on the news, i saw the end when the news people started to talk over him again.

souljaa
04-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I saw that, but I don't think they should have aired it on the news or even the net...I mean..isn't that just giving him what he wanted?

jasonbay
04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah on Youtube for like 2 days like 15 ppl put up the same vid and they all got on the first page of most viewed for the day , it really pissed me off because he shouldnt get the attention he should be forgotten forever the victims should attention with mourning and we should be coming up with solutions to prevent tragedy like this in the future

TheKing
04-23-2007, 02:08 PM
As a collegebound student, My heart goes out to all those people who lost their live last week. Senseless killing
R.I.P all of ya really. Why don't you shoot ya self first then killl everybody else or seek councling. damn im really angry