PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

EpsilonX
05-04-2009, 01:25 PM
is anybody as as excited to see this new star trek movie as i am? I always thought the series was kind of lame, but this movie looks absolutely amazing

YouTube - Star Trek - Official Trailer 2 [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScHxUopDlKc)

opinions

jakncoke
05-04-2009, 01:28 PM
I never got the love for Star Trek and likelihood I ever see this movie ever is very small

hidekipooj
05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Zachary Quinto as young-spock....hell yeah!

LemonRising
05-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Considering my mother was a bit of a trekkie and she took me to the last movie and I've watched a few movies and episodes with her on tv..
I'll see it.

If not to see if it's a big failure to try and lure in new fans, then to see SIMON PEGG AS SCOTTY.

FOR **** GUYS.

Scott
05-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Considering my mother was a bit of a trekkie and she took me to the last movie and I've watched a few movies and episodes with her on tv..
I'll see it.

lol my mother is a lil obsessed with Star Trek too. Doubt we will go and see it. Probably just buy the DVD.

LemonRising
05-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm probably gonna see it with my boyfriend since he's a nerd and is a bit of a trekkie as well. haha
One way or another I'm probably gonna end up seeing this movie.
I'm interested to see what they do with it anyways, and I don't mind star trek <:

Kujo
05-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm a huge Star WARS fan... and most of us tend to hate Trekkies. However... the cast and the way the have trailered this movie does intrigue me. I'll be there.... not its opening weekend, but I'll go see it. Who knows... it may change my life.

LemonRising
05-04-2009, 04:54 PM
You don't find many hardcore trekkies liking star wars, and vice versa, do you?

Sad, because I think they would co-exist wonderfully in their own little worlds.

I'm with you though, Kujo, no opening weekend. I have to save SOME sort of dignity, right? D:

Exodyus
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
I'll be seeing it opening weekend, and I'm a Star Killer fan... Lol.

Lawls. This movie not only looks amazing, but it's going to STOMP the box office.
I call it right now.

Say... $110 opening weekend.

LiNuX
05-04-2009, 07:30 PM
I might see it - trailer looks good

If I do see it, it would be the first Star Trek movie that I've seen. hopefully it doesn't disappoint

I want to see x-men first though.

Trunks
05-04-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm defaintly not watching it. Star trek is terrible.... along with star wars. I'm proud to say that I haven't watched a full episode/movie of either.

jakncoke
05-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I'll be seeing it opening weekend, and I'm a Star Killer fan... Lol.

Lawls. This movie not only looks amazing, but it's going to STOMP the box office.
I call it right now.

Say... $110 opening weekend.

I predict 80 million opening.

EpsilonX
05-05-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm defaintly not watching it. Star trek is terrible.... along with star wars. I'm proud to say that I haven't watched a full episode/movie of either.

go watch the original star wars movie. NOW!

I'm a huge Star WARS fan... and most of us tend to hate Trekkies.

I've never understood that hate. sure i'm a star wars fan, and i've never seen star trek, but i've always been slightly interested in it. Now with this movie coming out, and the blu ray box set of season one, i just may become a star trek fan. who knows

I'm with you though, Kujo, no opening weekend. I have to save SOME sort of dignity, right? D:

I probably would go opening weekend, as long as it's not this upcoming weekend. oh god i hope my theater is playing it

jakncoke
05-05-2009, 02:01 AM

star wars movies kick a##(well 3 really didn't do anything fo me), your loss bud.

EpsilonX
05-05-2009, 02:54 AM
star wars movies kick a##(well 3 really didn't do anything fo me), your loss bud.

i liked 3 the best out of the prequels. sure, every single freaking line in the movie was corny an exaggerated, and there are some cuts and other things that leave you scratching your head, but it had the best plot and action of the prequels.

Choke On Candy
05-05-2009, 08:01 AM
The sex scenes look like they will be hot...

hidekipooj
05-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Saw it last night. It was good for the most part. I really hope they keep making more movies with this new crew. The whole movie seemed really balanced as far as showing off scotty, chekov, bones, etc. The only two people that really were up and front were kirk and spock, of course that's the point. Battle scenes were awesome, although limited.

And leonard nimoy actually has a much, much bigger role in the movie than just a brief cameo. All in All, if you like star-trek, go see it.

The sex scenes look like they will be hot...

Oh.....oh...just wait. It's not what you think. LOL

KittyCat72
05-09-2009, 01:23 PM

I'm with you... never really like those things. Of course, I watched them before I made my opinion. I probably end up seeing the movie eventually, but I'm not looking forward to it.

jakncoke
05-09-2009, 02:58 PM
had a 24 million Friday estimate, so yeah I might come close, but yeah Exo there is very little chance you get your guess right

Iceskater101
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I went to see star trek and I thought it was a well made movie
but the thing was... I havent seen any of the episodes and the stuff that people laughed at in the theater i was like this was supposed to be funny?
also the sex scene isnt what you think it is.
But i thought it was a well made movie
I think i should see it again so i can actually pay attention my friend kept laughing for no reason during the whole movie so i missed parts

Exodyus
05-10-2009, 12:22 AM
I went to see star trek and I thought it was a well made movie
but the thing was... I havent seen any of the episodes and the stuff that people laughed at in the theater i was like this was supposed to be funny?
also the sex scene isnt what you think it is.
But i thought it was a well made movie
I think i should see it again so i can actually pay attention my friend kept laughing for no reason during the whole movie so i missed parts

You're too young.

What she's saying is, they played a lot of stuff that original viewers that had caught a glimpse or understood what some of the technicalities were - were really funny.

"Dammit! I'm a doctor, not a physicist." - A notorious quote, in which physicist is usually replaced with whatever the conversation happens to be about.

IE - "Dammit! I'm a doctor, not a Linguist!"

--

Other funnies were the Vulcan Nerve Pinch, trying to understand the Russian guy on the comm, some dry humor, their attitudes, and Leonard Nimoy's appearance.

hidekipooj
05-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Pretty much what Exodyus said. You may be too young, or you haven't seen enough of the older material. Go see movies 1-6...you'll get the gist of half the jokes.

omgodzilla10
05-10-2009, 03:44 AM
I've never seen Star Trek. What's so great about it?

Flab-Ender
05-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I have seen a few episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation, and that was pretty good, and this movie just looks awesome! So ya, i'm probably gonna try and see it.

Iceskater101
05-10-2009, 08:37 PM
You're too young.

What she's saying is, they played a lot of stuff that original viewers that had caught a glimpse or understood what some of the technicalities were - were really funny.

"Dammit! I'm a doctor, not a physicist." - A notorious quote, in which physicist is usually replaced with whatever the conversation happens to be about.

IE - "Dammit! I'm a doctor, not a Linguist!"

--

Other funnies were the Vulcan Nerve Pinch, trying to understand the Russian guy on the comm, some dry humor, their attitudes, and Leonard Nimoy's appearance.

eh I wouldnt say I am to young to see the movie but i just didnt know that much about star trek

jakncoke
05-10-2009, 09:22 PM
weekend estimate is 72.5 million, I got close...lol

Exodyus
05-10-2009, 11:35 PM
eh I wouldnt say I am to young to see the movie but i just didnt know that much about star trek

I didn't say you were too young to see the movie?

I said you were too young to get the funny parts.
Reading is ... kinda key on a forum.

Iceskater101
05-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I didn't say you were too young to see the movie?

I said you were too young to get the funny parts.
Reading is ... kinda key on a forum.

oh whoops
lol yeah I well I havent seen any of the star trek episodes
so I wouldnt find it funny anyways

EpsilonX
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
So yeah, the movie was beast, but not quite what i expected. I didn't feel as nerdy watching it as i hoped.

and is the guy that played old spock the original spock?