PDA

View Full Version : Help Me best rogue spec!

LittleLalleboy
05-07-2009, 03:09 AM
hi everyone

i have an 70 rogue and i am finding it very difficult to lvl. with the new dual spec, it is easier to lvl and go dungeons, but still i cant find the perfect rogue lvling-spec. so i hope you guys can help me find the best spec:)
thanks for help!

Kitey
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Elitistjerks.com is that way. =>
Stop at the Rogue forums on your way there.

Group your quests and stop dying. As a rogue, there is no excuse for you to die so much that your level progression slows. Stealth some of your quests instead of dashing in headlong--you are not a dps warrior or a dk, so stop trying to fight like one. Use surgical strikes instead of full clears. Deploy saps and stunlocks wisely--strategize your fights so that you can take out multiple mobs and survive. Consider leveling as muti--it's more fun and does a LOT of damage, and you are a bit harder to kill.

Wrath is less about optimal specs and optimal gearing--your playstyle and skill matter more now than anything else. Lrn2fight.

Why are we even having this conversation???? Rogues are ezmode!! My spam sense is tingling... >.>

Kujo
05-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I miss my rogue Kitey.... make me remember what its like to stab things!

Kitey
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Pft. I rock a pally these day, my friend. ;-) Ever since every idiot and his mother rolled a dk, healz have been in short supply, and I've always loved healing. Also! holy isn't as bad for leveling as it once was! The fights are still slow, but they do a lot more damage and have additional offensive spells in the arsenal.

But talking to my roguey buddies online does make me miss the glory of all those bouncing digits and being right there on the frontline swinging dags/fists/swords/maces. Besides, one of the other rogues in my roguey buddies' guild is ****ing up big time in terms of low deeps in leet gear, so I have the urge to gear up and run to see if I can win his spot in the rotation. (When I talk about low dps, we're talking about 2.5k at lvl 80; you needed to break that to get past Kalec!!! By way of comparison, the other physical dpsers are pulling 4k!)

I'm casual anyway. I miss raiding like you wouldn't believe, but I will settle for the occasional run through this or that these days. I have to move this summer and start my new post, so I can't do the usual upkeep to maintain a raiding toon.

Are you still leaving the fight? Or have you renewed? I miss my bald-headed, potty-mouthed, fire-slinging badass in his cute little ballgown!!!

Kujo
05-07-2009, 06:20 PM
OH no no no dear. I hung up Kujo long ago. WHen I returned from Iraq all my buddies rerolled on a PvP server (there idea i assure you) and while I did roll a lock, it was merely a stepping stone to my true love... a DK..../GASP!!

Yea, I rolled a DK, SO WHAT! I also push 5.5k dps on 25man Patchwerk so IN YO FACE! I basicly turned all that pent up bald headed, dress wearing, bad guy igniting anger into a big ass sword weilding, pony-tail having Orc DK of fury. I haven't played since this latest patch was released and my guild has already cleared it several times over on 25man and are curently working on the hard mode versions of certain bosses so I'm sure by now I'll have fallen to at least number 10 on the DPS charts. My account is due to expire in a few weeks anyways and I doubt I will renew it. I've been having a blast on my 360 lately.

I picked up Street Fighter IV a week ago and that has my full attention atm. Perfecting long strings of intence, finger-crippling combos has me all sorts of excited; the way a prepubescent boy gets when he stumbles across his fathers collection of 70's era Playboy.

Kitey
05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Lol! I don't think I ever played that far into that title. My own fond memories are of raining death from the heavens on Chun Li in the first game. I loved how she put foot to jaw and then promptly and deftly inserted it into ass.

I also liked Blanka. Go fig.

I dug out my old SNES and have been having a blast with Super Metroid. I still don't get to play as much as I would like, so my progress with it has been a slow, methodical finding of every wee secret the game hides (all of the bombs, all of the energy tanks, all of the weapons). The upshot is that whenever I visit the inn on my paladin, I try to save the game.

Mostly, I pop in to socialize and quest a bit, maybe do an instance. When I said casual, I very much meant it. I'm so far outside of the raiding loop that I sometimes don't really have the urge.

I think I might work on getting all perfect scores on Yoshi's Island next. :D I've been working my parents over to see if they will get me my robes, my class ring, and my xbox. We'll see how the plan works out.

Kujo
05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Chun-Li sucks.
Blanka sucks.

Sagat = win.
Ken/Ryu = win but severely overplayed.

Learn2StreetFigherIVonXBox360

Kitey
05-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Chun-Li sucks.
Blanka sucks.

Sagat = win.