PDA

View Full Version : Insane Win. Crazy amounts of it!

Exodyus
05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Stalin takes on Martians in quirky new game
by Mike Smith

Buzz up!

April 20, 2009 3:21 P.M.

He crushed the Nazis, ruled the Soviet Union with a fist of iron, and gave birth to the Cold War -- but how will he fare against the Martians? A new PC game from a motley band of Russian developers offers you the chance to find out.

Stalin Vs. The Martians
Stalin vs. Martians opens in 1942, as a band of Martians land somewhere in Siberia and attack Mother Russia. It's up to the player to command the Soviet forces, and Stalin, who for some reason is hundreds of feet tall, heads up the defenses in person. Why? Who knows? Probably the same reason the Martians look like brightly-colored Nintendo characters.

As the game's lead designer and producer Alexander Shcherbakov told us: "It is so insanely beautiful randomness, that we just couldn't waste the opportunity to actually make this kind of game, not just laugh at the ridiculous, possibly the most ridiculous PC game concept ever we unintentionally made up."

We're not entirely sure what he means, but his game is already a big hit on YouTube. Since appearing last month, the game's trailer -- which heavily features Stalin dancing to techno music -- has accumulated well over 100,00 views. In response, the game's executive producer Tom Soderlund said: "One contributing factor to the success could be the high level of historical accuracy, that is completely missing from the game."

You'll be able to check out the "insanely beautiful randomness" when Stalin vs. Martians releases later this month.

Lmfao... This concept is so amazing.
If they come out with an Abraham Lincoln game - it'd be like ... World Ending.

Kitey
05-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I could see Lincoln taking on the demonic undead. It'd be like Diablo, only presidential, and with history lessons in the cut scenes.

I WOULD BUY THIS GAME

Exodyus
05-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I could see Lincoln taking on the demonic undead. It'd be like Diablo, only presidential, and with history lessons in the cut scenes.

I WOULD BUY THIS GAME

****IN A RIGHT, SISTAH! Lolol.

Id.E.M
05-07-2009, 04:32 PM
****IN A RIGHT, SISTAH! Lolol.

Haha. This game's a beast. No Martians will be safe from my Russian-Dictator Powers.... OF DOOM :eek1::twitcy::laugh:

Random question..... how is Jak the next Samus? Does it have to do with bias Mod-ship, or something of that nature?

Samus-Fan
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh, I think I would like the Lincoln vs. Undead better.
Not sure though, I think both would be epic and amazing, though.

Iceskater101
05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
hah wow this game has a weird concept

LemonRising
05-12-2009, 02:40 PM
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT T

My new fav game.
Ok?

STALIN DANCING TO TECHNO.
INSANELY BEAUTIFUL RANDOMNESS.