PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jam Rock Band announced

jakncoke
05-11-2009, 10:53 PM
When Pearl Jam reissued its seminal album Ten in March, MTV Games and Harmonix collaborated with the grunge rockers to offer a playable version through Rock Band. Now, MTV Games and Harmonix are teaming up with Pearl Jam once more on a "Pearl Jam Rock Band project" that will feature live cuts from the band's entire catalog. Platforms for the project were not revealed, though it is slated to arrive in 2010.

Pearl Jam
The exact nature of the Pearl Jam Rock Band project remains a mystery, with neither MTV Games nor Pearl Jam giving any indication as to whether the game will be a downloadable album, an AC/DC-style retail product, or a The Beatles: Rock Band spin-off.However, the publisher did promise to provide more details on the project next month, presumably around the time that the Electronic Entertainment Expo descends upon Los Angeles on June 2.

Until then, Pearl Jam has invited its fan club members to select their favorite live performances of more than 40 different catalog hits through the band's official Web site. By way of a Rhapsody playlist widget, fans can listen to hundreds of different live performances of individual songs, with the versions that are played the most times being selected as the best.

In June, the selection process will be opened up to everyone, with fans tasked with building their own favorite set lists from the previously selected top tracks for the Pearl Jam Rock Band project. However, MTV Games did not indicate how many tracks will be included with the final project, promising only to provide more details in the coming weeks.

A full list of songs currently in the running can be found below.

1/2 Full
Alive
Animal
Better Man
Black
Brain of J
Comatose
Corduroy
Do the Evolution
Down
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
Even Flow
Footsteps
Garden
Given to Fly
Go
I Am Mine
I Got ID
Inside Job
Insignificance
Jeremy
Last Exit
Life Wasted
Light Years
Love Boat Captain
Lukin
Man of the Hour
Marker in the Sand
Nothingman
Oceans
Present Tense
Rearviewmirror
Red Mosquito
Release
Satan's Bed
Severed Hand
Spin the Black Circle
State of Love and Trust
Wash
Whipping
Why Go
Wishlist
World Wide Suicide

ffs, this is getting so silly

Riku-Nara
05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Ew.
Pearl Jam isn't even that good.
The only song i like, is even flow.
And not even that much.

Knibbler
05-12-2009, 02:39 AM
This is starting to get a bit ridiculas!
I mean, if they've got the rights to the songs, why not just release them as DLC?
They'll probably get alot more money in that way, instead of releasing all these off-shoot titles.

Choke On Candy
05-12-2009, 08:40 AM
WTF this is getting beyond ridiculous. I will get it without a doubt just because that **** is rockband but come on. How am I gonna afford all these new games??

hidekipooj
05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I see your ongoing Capitalistic Venture and Raise you another exploited genre

Gaming blog Joystiq is reporting that Activision Blizzard has confirmed that Guitar Hero: Van Halen is currently in development, and scheduled for release at some point in the second half of this year. The band joins Metallica and Aerosmith as groups that have received pixilated treatment from GH. So far the Beatles are the only group to get their own branded Rock Band title, though that game continues to release full playable albums, like Guns n’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy.

(Check out the 50 Best Rock & Roll Video Games of All Time.)

The report says the game will include “greatest hits,” as well as tracks from guest bands Queen, Weezer, Blink-182, Queens of the Stone Age and the Offspring. Which band members will appear as avatars in the game has been cause for concern among hardcore fans online, and Activision’s Senior Vice President of Global Brand Management told Joystiq, “Oh this is definitely Van Halen, not Van Hagar,” meaning David Lee Roth will indeed appear in the game.

When Joystiq published GH: VH rumors in March, VH fans also began to wonder whether they would see original bassist Michael Anthony, who was notably excluded from Van Halen’s most recent reunion tour (Anthony’s exclusion made our list of The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Moments in Rock, though he probably minds less now that he’s busy with supergroup Chickenfoot). Or would you be able to play the game as Sammy Hagar or even Gary Cherone?

Guitar Hero: Van Halen is one of four music-based games the developer is working on for this year, with DJ Hero, Band Hero and Guitar Hero 5 also on the release schedule for later this year. While no specific track titles were offered, it’s expected the firm will release more information on Guitar Hero: Van Halen in the coming weeks and months.

LemonRising
05-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Rockband and Guitarhero, stop making band specific games.

FFS. This is why I don't own either game. I don't plan to either. They are money whores.
ENJOY FEEDING THE COW.

hidekipooj
05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
ENJOY FEEDING THE COW.

Once they make Guitar Hero: Dragonforce.....the cow....let alone the world would explode.

jakncoke
05-12-2009, 03:40 PM
soon enough there will be like 15 different versions of each game releasing each year to coincide with major cd releases

hidekipooj
05-13-2009, 08:52 PM
@jak

That's actually quite possible, considering the fact that any version now can update their tracks with downloadable content.

jakncoke
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
ya but the way I see it happening they'll make you go out and buy a new $60 game just for that album and a couple other songs.

LemonRising
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
One day they'll have a version of the game for every smash hit out there.
Different versions and covers.
Of one song.
OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

It'll be a smashing success.

Choke On Candy
05-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Once they make Guitar Hero: Dragonforce.....the cow....let alone the world would explode.

People will be hospitalized for breaking arms or fingers !!:twitcy:

EpsilonX
05-15-2009, 08:50 PM
i can see it now

guitar hero: beethoven.

Choke On Candy
05-16-2009, 09:11 AM
i can see it now

guitar hero: beethoven.

Hells yeah I would buy that 4 sho